PDA

View Full Version : Few more columns from the Seattle Times

FuManShoes
03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Brewer: Be like Gonzaga? Zags can make imitation even more difficult (http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2020605327_brewer21.html)

Perspective:

It's important to understand that seeds aren't earned during the NCAA tournament. Teams earn their seeds before the tournament. Whether they excel or flop in this single-elimination format, the Zags were worthy of a No. 1 seed because they never gave a flat performance during a season in which inconsistency reigned, because they thrived and often were dominant in games against big-conference schools or teams that made the NCAA tournament and because they're as balanced and complete as any team in the nation.

Withers: Trick for No. 1 Gonzaga: Just play (http://seattletimes.com/html/budwithers/2020605583_withers21.html)

As the season wound down to its school-record 31 victories, Santangelo said to sophomore guard Kevin Pangos: "Don't be satisfied."

"Oh, never," said Pangos.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Both great columns. I am super excited. Super nervous. The thing is, before the first game, you still have hope and dreams of winning it all. Everyone does. Once we get going, people are going home 1/2 at a time and dreams are crushed. My dream? We don't lose any more games in 2013:adored:

Reborn
03-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Two great articles. Everyone should read them if you have time.

Go Zags!!!

BJZags
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
My dream? We don't lose any more games in 2013:adored:

I did read somewhere the Zags gave up losing for Lent.

TacomaZAG
03-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks, FuMan, great stuff.....

I saw the first installment in the "embedded" series last night on TruTV. It was fun to watch the guys celebrating and the little smile on Coach Few's face when the #1 seed was announced was priceless.

6 more wins............

Go ZAGS

ZagLawGrad
03-21-2013, 07:10 AM
All this Zags love from the Times has to be killing many Huskies fans.

Gotta give the Times credit for some nice articles this past couple of weeks.