PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Out There Getting As Nervous As Me?

katman50
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Anyone else starting to get the butterflies? I know I am. This is my favorite sporting event of the year. Not even close. It is my "Super Bowl." And I feel like this every year on the night before the Dance gets into full swing.

Have my brackets filled out: The Final Four:

Louisville
Zags
Kansas
Miami

I have the Zags beating Louisville in the semifinals and then meeting and beating Kansas for the NC! Are my dreams too lofty? I think not. I am hyped. Hopefully the game against Southern will be a chance for the Zags to shake some of the cobwebs off. For Kelly and Elias to get into their beast modes and for the guards (as someone said) to establish the sightlines for their shooting.

Before the Zags play, the Pitt-Wichita State game will be over. I am picking Pitt to win.

Again, I am hyped! I want these boys (men, actually) to show the nation what this team is made of. I want a win, but by at least 25. Better stop by ranting and raving. Can hardly wait until tomorrow comes! Go Zags!!!!!!!!!

RenoZag
03-20-2013, 08:01 PM
YES ! (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showpost.php?p=895588&postcount=3796)

NEC26
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Not nervous but pretty excited. Definitely the best sporting event of the year and I am especially pumped up this year for obvious reasons.

Hoopaholic
03-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Stoked and full of anticipation...it is the best time of the year

Reborn
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
If anyone doesn't have the butterflies, then they aren't ready to rock and roll tomorrow. Come oN. This is performing on one of the biggest stages in Sports. Every player on the team is nervous. But once they hit that floor, and hear the cheers of their fans, and begin those layups, the butterfies begin to fade. For us fans, it's much worse. Anyway...glad to hear your nervous. I am too. Getting those 'flies.

I'm getting tired of waiting....let's play, dang it.

smiling.....ain't this fun...:clap::clap:

Go Zags!!

GodZaga76
03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Just excited that the time is here to start making all the doubters eat @#$/&

Nevtelen
03-20-2013, 08:39 PM
I've got bigtime jitters this year. I always get them the night before the NCAAs, but they're worse this year. This is the kind of team that doesn't come around for GU much and things might never align this way again for such a deep run. It's a great team, but in one game, anything can happen and often does. I'm just hoping the team is ready and they perform like we all know they can.

misszigzag
03-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Super excited right now! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve :) I love college basketball, especially in March. GO ZAGS!

CdAZagFan
03-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Most of the time I am fairly relaxed when Zags enter the tourney, but this year, with the lofty expectations on them, I am definitely nervous for these first few rounds... Anything can happen. I just hope the players aren't feeling anything extra and can play as calm and relaxed as they have played all year long.

Marcus
03-20-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm so pumped up for tomorrow. I even took tomorrow and Friday off work to make sure I could get to see all the games.

I have run the gamut of emotions this week waiting for tomorrow's game. I've been nervous and excited, I've even been mad listening to some of the anti Zag chatter out there.

The best part is we all get to start the journey tomorrow and I hope it's a long one. I usually have to seek out my Zags info but the team has everywhere on almost every station and newspaper.

I'm so ready and will be cheering very loudly from my basement. I think the neighbors will wonder what the commotion from my house is. Go Zags!!!

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Our season could be over by this time tomorrow.

Highly unlikely though.

Blitzing-Zag
03-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm nervous for every game lol. But yeah, definitely more nervous for this game than any other.

DixieZag
03-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Very excited.

And a little sad.

This season has been so special. In a lot of ways, I wish I could bottle up everything that I am feeling right now and keep it.

Right now, I have 95% of a season to look back upon fondly, not a perfect season, but a perfectly wonderful one. We started out barely ranked, just enough to affirm that the country knew we were out here. Blew through an OOC season winning games right and left, the losses to Illinois and B&*#ler and the run of wins and wins and wins, the rise of Olynick to "Kelly", to number one in the polls and number one in the region. They have come so far.

These Zags are already champions - no one here will argue. Did anyone else detect a tear in Coach Few's eyes during the announcement of the number one seed? No one is going to diminish this team by simply out scoring them in a game.

And yet, half the teams that play today will lose and half again on Saturday. And that is why I am so nervous.

It's not so much that I want them to win, it's that they so deserve to win.

siliconzag
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Having been through disappointments dating back to 1958 (when my beloved Seattle U Chieftains lost to Kentucky in the championship), I have grown accustomed to bitter disappointments including games that I shall not mention other than that they happened in Albequerque, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Oakland.

This years Zag team is different. How different is another matter. We have some of the same vulnerabilities: inconsistent guard play, defensive lapses on the perimeter, eratic three point shooting, occasional seemingly maladaptive coaching decisions and game strategy, unspectacular free throw shooting. But these defects are hardly unique to Gonzaga.

But here is what is different. We have lost only two games, and one of them was a fluke. There are no other teams that can make such a claim, and virtually every other team has at least one blow out loss. Louisville is the one exception. We have more assists, our FG % is improving, our turnovers have been diminished. Our defense is much better, despite occasional lapses.

Another thing in our favor, is that we are playng with greater confidence, because even if some of the experts don't respect Gonzaga, most do, and what's more, I think Coach and the team are able to let the critics hang themselves with their own ropes.

There is no reason to be really nervous this year. It is different this year, Reborn is right. I don't know how far we will go, but this has been an incredible year for the Zags, and should be a source of pride already. I don't see us getting derailed before the final four, and maybe not even there. Wichita is a bit of an obstacle, but certainly not insurmountable. Wisconsin is another, but if we move with bushido, we win that too. Ohio State worries me least of all, because as many of you have pointed out, we nearly beat them last year. Craft won't have as good a game as he did last year, and Pangos won't have as bad a game. And furthermore De Shaun Thomas ain't Jared Sullinger. Olynyk on an off day is more dominant that Sacre was on his best. Get a good night's sleep Zag fans. We're going deep this year. We are throwing that monkey right off our backs.

Go Zags. Take Salt Lake City by storm, on to LA, and beyond! I wish I was there with you, but I bought the San Jose tickets, and decided it was fate. I will be in LA however. Holler loud and send the Witches back on their broomstick. Have fun and quit worrying! It doesn't help anyway. It is kind of like guilt, a useless activity.

Have faith, it is a new era. We have even have a Jesuit Pope!

Sili

webspinnre
03-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Definitely got a bit of the nerves going on. Growing up, I had a bit of that before every baseball or volleyball game I ever played or wrestling match I wrestled in, and now that I'm coaching volleyballl, I still get those same jitters before every game, even the ones I know we'll win easily.

SWZag
03-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Can't sit still. Ants-in-the-pants. Whatever you call it, I'm excited.

McZag
03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Always nervous the week after SS. Will feel better after the tip because then its just basketball.

Reborn
03-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Up early. Reading the board. I am surprised we aren't in San Jose. Nerves are calm right now. Sure am feeling excited though. It will be nice to say our boys playing again.

kclubfounder
03-21-2013, 04:42 AM
I took a full pill at 9:00 and then needed another 1/2 a pill at 1:00, but somehow managed 8 hours of sleep and am feeling gooooood.

I have the annual Christmas morning feeling that I lost in about 1974, and regained in 1999.

bartruff1
03-21-2013, 04:51 AM
I think March Madness is the greatest sporting event in the world... I am not a fan of professional sports or the World Cup or the Olympics...and with the Zags being involved even more excited.

I will get to watch all the games on TV or the Internet (Including the NIT ect) and since I have a pick in every game, I have a interest in every game and especially the West Bracket.

Not worried about Southern or the next game against Pitt.

Like it was said, this is like Christmass...opening gifts to see what is inside.

Dogtownkid
03-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I also have my special stressed-out tense backache. Once the game starts, both will go away--or at least they usually do.

americasteam
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
I am excited! I am wearing a Gonzaga shirt that is not necessarily jinxed, but I definitely don't wear it in potentially close games, just to be safe. This will probably be the last time I wear it this year.

Go Zags!

NumberCruncher
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I always get butterflies on game day. Some days more than others, though, and this isn't one of those days. I suppose I'm being overly confident, but I don't believe in jinxes or that the way I feel has any effect on the outcome. It's how the players feel that really counts.

jim77
03-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Nope.....The Zags will take care of business.

thespywhozaggedme
03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone else starting to get the butterflies? I know I am. This is my favorite sporting event of the year. Not even close. It is my "Super Bowl." And I feel like this every year on the night before the Dance gets into full swing.

Have my brackets filled out: The Final Four:

Louisville
Zags
Kansas
Miami

I have the Zags beating Louisville in the semifinals and then meeting and beating Kansas for the NC! Are my dreams too lofty? I think not. I am hyped. Hopefully the game against Southern will be a chance for the Zags to shake some of the cobwebs off. For Kelly and Elias to get into their beast modes and for the guards (as someone said) to establish the sightlines for their shooting.

Before the Zags play, the Pitt-Wichita State game will be over. I am picking Pitt to win.

Again, I am hyped! I want these boys (men, actually) to show the nation what this team is made of. I want a win, but by at least 25. Better stop by ranting and raving. Can hardly wait until tomorrow comes! Go Zags!!!!!!!!!

I have the exact same FF, with us beating Miami for the 'ship.

Zageist
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Ok, now I'm getting there.

katman50
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
I have the exact same FF, with us beating Miami for the 'ship.

Works for me!

BJZags
03-21-2013, 11:57 AM
I have the Zags beating Louisville in the semifinals and then meeting and beating Kansas for the NC!

I have the Zags beating the Hoyas in the Championship game.

rijman
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I was not nervous until late this morning, I had business on a street named Southernwood, which I noticed before going out was similar in name to the team we are playing today, a street I have been on maybe only twice in the past 10 years so I don't go there often. As I turned onto Southernwood I had a flat tire. I hope that wasn't a sign of things to come.

RenoZag
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Well, I'm nervous now. . .

kdaleb
03-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, I'm nervous now. . .

I'm still ok -- maybe a 2nd half lead for Southern would get me nervous

B LAKE ZAG
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Really nurvious

Ekrub
03-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Sick to my stomach.

Also tipsy

mee755
03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Super nervous. Considering taking the Lortab even though it makes me itchy, dizzy, and nauseous. Lol!

g-ride
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
that half did not go as planned. c'mon ZAGS!!!

bartruff1
03-21-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm still ok -- maybe a 2nd half lead for Southern would get me nervous.....not what I had expected

Ezag
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
wow Southern is good.

zaguarxj
03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm drinking way too much for this time of day.

I picked a bad day for giving up heroin.

mee755
03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
wow Southern is good.

The refs are helping.

Bocco
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I wasn't nervous prior to the game....and then the game started and I just spent the most nervous two hours of my life.