PDA

View Full Version : Harris vs Ammo

GodZaga76
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok so this one can be debated now since E is about done who was better overall? Harris in my opinion way more complete player. Could do it all not just score
Remember this is for fun and lets all be nice lol

bartruff1
03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Harris by a mile..

gamagin
03-18-2013, 06:24 PM
lofty stuff till after the body of work is complete.

Besides, the real season will be over soon enough and the experts who thrive on the esoteric take over for summer camp.

GodZaga76
03-18-2013, 07:12 PM
lofty stuff till after the body of work is complete.

Besides, the real season will be over soon enough and the experts who thrive on the esoteric take over for summer camp.

I dont really think we have to wait till the tourny is over to discuss since they bot h made it to they both made it to the sweet sixteen.

former1dog
03-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I dont really think we have to wait till the tourny is over to discuss since they bot h made it to they both made it to the sweet sixteen.

Harris hasn't been on a Sweet 16 team. Not yet anyway.

Morrison was on teams that went 4-3 in the NCAA's

Harris' teams are 3-3 so far.

zagco
03-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Zagco sees them as two different kinds of players. He has trouble comparing different types of players, i.e., Shaq v. Kobe, Bob Cousy v. Jabbar, etc. Zagco would like them on the same team, playing different positions.

zzzjag
03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
He must have the career scoring and rebound totals record in NCAA tourney play for the Zags. Last year prior to the tourney I looked up his season averages vs his NCAA tourney avg and he raised each category across the board. Thinking about it now, he's probably the same all time in WCC tourneys

Big time player who plays even bigger on the big stage.

MDABE80
03-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Neither....this is childish.

mihalevich
03-18-2013, 09:37 PM
this is a loaded question, but the answer is Adam Morrison.

His ability to score trumps everything. He was that great of a scorer.

Add in the fact that he was the 3rd overall pick (regardless of how it turned out) and Harris will go undrafted and it's easy IMO. Harris is a good college player. Adam Morrison was one of the best college players in this era.

Lets not go overboard....maybe offensive player...didnt play much D and not
a good rebounder.....have to play both sides to make that list

Crazy
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
I would say both are great player, with different stregth and weakness. And yes Harris was more complete, and made it into the Cosmopolitan as one of the more attractive players - but Ammo as a pure scorer was one of the best ever in college basketball.

Zag 77
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
:pray:

GodZaga76
03-18-2013, 10:55 PM
this is a loaded question, but the answer is Adam Morrison.

His ability to score trumps everything. He was that great of a scorer.

Add in the fact that he was the 3rd overall pick (regardless of how it turned out) and Harris will go undrafted and it's easy IMO. Harris is a good college player. Adam Morrison was one of the best college players in this era.

See I think E is the most rounded complete player. Ammo was a shooter and thats really it you cant really use the draft thing because NBA doesnt draft on all around game alot of the time they draft for what they need to fit there team. And also yes Adam was not doing bad untill he got hurt but unless the offense was ran for him he really didnt make a impact
Harris finds away to be productive in other ways then just scoring if he needs it

mgadfly
03-19-2013, 06:48 AM
They don't play the same position. They aren't the same style of player at all.

Harris has been a great college power forward for us.
Morrison had one of the most dominant seasons we will ever see at GU (and he did more than score...for people that don't like Morrison he will always be the guy who couldn't do anything but shoot...he was a Batista turnover from taking us back to the Elite 8, he put everything he had into every game despite a disabling disease, he commanded double and triple teams and made the players around him better).

Why don't we just appreciate them both for what they brought to GU. An amazingly consistent career with relatively few peaks or valleys. A true journeyman of the game. And relentless attacking and shooting that dominated the national press for an entire season. I think we can be proud of both even if Morrison didn't stay all four years, and even if Harris never averaged 28 points per game.

bigblahla
03-19-2013, 07:06 AM
They don't play the same position. They aren't the same style of player at all.

Harris has been a great college power forward for us.
Morrison had one of the most dominant seasons we will ever see at GU (and he did more than score...for people that don't like Morrison he will always be the guy who couldn't do anything but shoot...he was a Batista turnover from taking us back to the Elite 8, he put everything he had into every game despite a disabling disease, he commanded double and triple teams and made the players around him better).

Why don't we just appreciate them both for what they brought to GU. An amazingly consistent career with relatively few peaks or valleys. A true journeyman of the game. And relentless attacking and shooting that dominated the national press for an entire season. I think we can be proud of both even if Morrison didn't stay all four years, and even if Harris never averaged 28 points per game.

Great post. To me it's like asking which one of my children do I love the most.

The answer is I love then equally for their own uniqueness and attributes. Same with E and Ammo.

Go!! Zags!!!

GodZaga76
03-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Great post. To me it's like asking which one of my children do I love the most.

The answer is I love then equally for their own uniqueness and attributes. Same with E and Ammo.

Go!! Zags!!!

Uhm sorry I dont see them as my children, and dont understand why people get so upset with comparing two great players. So fly I hate to tell you but just because somebody doesnt think Ammo was a all around beast doesnt mean they hate them or not like them. I mean its all for fun.

mgadfly
03-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Uhm sorry I dont see them as my children, and dont understand why people get so upset with comparing two great players. So fly I hate to tell you but just because somebody doesnt think Ammo was a all around beast doesnt mean they hate them or not like them. I mean its all for fun.

It's Fly, not fly.
I didn't say Morrison was an all-around beast.
I didn't say someone who didn't think Morrison was an all around beast hated him.

I don't think he was an all-around beast.
I don't think he is the same type of player as Harris.
I don't have any problem with these comparison threads.
I don't have any problem with someone saying these comparison threads don't do justice to the players because we are comparing apples and oranges.
I don't have any problem with someone using an analogy of their children to talk about their feelings about the players.

And, there are a lot of people (some even on this message board) that did not like Adam Morrison and minimize his contributions.

Comparing junior seasons Harris averaged half a rebound more per game and 16 points less per game. Harris averaged nearly half an assist less per game, half a steal less per game and .1 blocks more per game. Is it okay if I find great value in Harris without holding him up against the best scorer and second most dominant Zag single season performance we've had in the past thirty years?

gamagin
03-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Rebmann ? Crimont vs. McHugh ? Perhaps McHugh vs. Corkery ? Sure, a generation apart but comparable, imo.

Leary was very popular but a bust in the end. Then Twohy and Coughlin went back to back for some wonderful seasons despite the war.

Glynn showed up highly rated but transferred almost without mention, waking up the recruiters who finally found just the right guy: a real brand new gym rat named Bobby Spitzer who really lit it up.

Who can forget Glynn to Spitzer to Mccoullough. What a run it's been ! !

GodZaga76
03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
It's Fly, not fly.
I didn't say Morrison was an all-around beast.
I didn't say someone who didn't think Morrison was an all around beast hated him.

I don't think he was an all-around beast.
I don't think he is the same type of player as Harris.
I don't have any problem with these comparison threads.
I don't have any problem with someone saying these comparison threads don't do justice to the players because we are comparing apples and oranges.
I don't have any problem with someone using an analogy of their children to talk about their feelings about the players.

And, there are a lot of people (some even on this message board) that did not like Adam Morrison and minimize his contributions.

Comparing junior seasons Harris averaged half a rebound more per game and 16 points less per game. Harris averaged nearly half an assist less per game, half a steal less per game and .1 blocks more per game. Is it okay if I find great value in Harris without holding him up against the best scorer and second most dominant Zag single season performance we've had in the past thirty years?

Im done on this thread lock it. Its like it gets so old that we all cant have a debate about certain stuff without it turning into people getting mad or their feelings hurt. I dont get it I created this thread for us to have some fun times talking about two great players. And the last thing never said they couldnt think of them as their children I just said no for me. My kids I would take a bullet for without even thinking dont know if I would for the team.

mgadfly
03-19-2013, 09:22 AM
My feelings aren't hurt.

GodZaga76
03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
My feelings aren't hurt.

Im glad buddy were all on the same team. But man isnt great we had so many players that we can argue for? Can you imagine BYU threads it would be like who so you think is better then Jimmer. And all there answers would be nobody

bigblahla
03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Uhm sorry I dont see them as my children

Neither do I it's an analogy.

Go!! Zags!!!

mgadfly
03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Im glad buddy were all on the same team. But man isnt great we had so many players that we can argue for? Can you imagine BYU threads it would be like who so you think is better then Jimmer. And all there answers would be nobody

We've had a ton of great players, especially in recent years. My all-favorite team (13 scholarships, and 2 walkons), with absolutely no objective criteria, only subjective enjoyment (and I moved to Spokane in 1995, so anything before that doesn't count):

PG: Blake Stepp
SG: Matt Bouldin
SF: Adam Morrison
PF: Ronny Turiaf
C: Kelly Olynyk

bPG: Jeremy Pargo
bSG: Steven Gray
bSF: David Pendergraft
bPF: Elias Harris
bC: JP Batista

11th Man: Matt Santangelo
12th Man: Dan Dickau
13th Man: Sacre

Walkon 1: G/F Mike Hart
Walkon 2: PG David Stockton

Hardest cuts: Calvary, Spinks, Violette, Knight, Frahm

Once and Future Zag
03-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Danny Ainge

former1dog
03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Danny Ainge

Davies.

cjm720
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Totally different players. Like the OP said, Harris is much more complete plus he's stayed for 4 years. AMMO became a legend in less time and I'd give him a nod.

SunDevilGolfZag
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Harris and Calvary are better comps position-wise. But I would never choose between two of our most scared heros

RenoZag
03-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Who can forget Glynn to Spitzer to Mccoullough. What a run it's been ! !

McCoullogh can't hit the boards the way Spitzer could