X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ID ZAGFAN
    • Apr 2024

ZaGranny's Adventures following the Zags in the NCAA Tourney

We will be leaving for the NCAA's tomorrow morning. I am so excited!

ZaGranny

Home to Dillon MT

We left this AM about 11:00. This is what the weather looked like at home:

We had a nice dusting of snow last night.

We stopped for a late breakfast at the OK Cafe in St. Regis MT. I have posted this before, but the bar has this t-shirt that Mark Few signed and gave to the owner when he fished there.

Since I saw it last time, they have framed it.

We drove on to Dillon, where we are staying the night. Lynn walked over to supper club and sports bar and picked up a great Halibut dinner. Pricey--but we shared one dinner and it was way enough.

Now we are enjoying watching BYU beating the Fuskies, after watching St Mary's beat Middle Tennessee.

On to SLC tomorrow.

ZaGranny

Comment

• 229SintoZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
      We left this AM about 11:00. This is what the weather looked like at home:

We had a nice dusting of snow last night.

We stopped for a late breakfast at the OK Cafe in St. Regis MT. I have posted this before, but the bar has this t-shirt that Mark Few signed and gave to the owner when he fished there.

Since I saw it last time, they have framed it.

We drove on to Dillon, where we are staying the night. Lynn walked over to supper club and sports bar and picked up a great Halibut dinner. Pricey--but we shared one dinner and it was way enough.

Now we are enjoying watching BYU beating the Fuskies, after watching St Mary's beat Middle Tennessee.

On to SLC tomorrow.

ZaGranny
      So you drove through Melrose and didn't stop at Lively's?

Criminal.

Comment

We arrived at our hotel in Salt Lake around 5. The trip was more or less uneventful--except for a white-out in Idaho which turned out to be caused by a snow plough stirring things up. Luckily, we were able to pass it without incident. We couldn't even see the snow plough through the flying snow.

We stopped again at out favorite cafe--Elmer's in Pocatello for a late breakfast. We like it, because the food is good, they serve breakfast all day, and they have Wifi.

Now watching Manny and his tream losing by 15 to Iowa.

Lots of Zag fans at the Red Lion--the manager switched our room to be with other Zag Fans.

ZaGranny

Comment

This great fun! Every time we go through the lobby, get on the elevator, or when we were at the diner in the hotel we run into Zag fans. I have seen several people we have talked to at the Zag games. Everybody is really amped! The staff here is great, too, since there is a GU/Red Lion connection. The room they switched us to is quite a big nicer than the one we reserved--for the same price.

I also talked to some Lobos fans. The man went to Las Vegas early to watch the Zags before their tourney. He was totally amazed at the number of Zag fans who were at the outdoor pre-game social for the championship game.

ZaGranny

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
            This great fun! Every time we go through the lobby, get on the elevator, or when we were at the diner in the hotel we run into Zag fans. I have seen several people we have talked to at the Zag games. Everybody is really amped! The staff here is great, too, since there is a GU/Red Lion connection. The room they switched us to is quite a big nicer than the one we reserved--for the same price.

I also talked to some Lobos fans. The man went to Las Vegas early to watch the Zags before their tourney. He was totally amazed at the number of Zag fans who were at the outdoor pre-game social for the championship game.

ZaGranny
            I'll look for ya tomorrow. Go Zags!
            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Nice report ZagGranny. Enjoy the games, and plan to be in L.A.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

Enjoy and keep the reports coming
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• former1dog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Did you enjoy the snow this morning? Came a day early.

Comment

Haven't been out yet. Looking at it on the cars, but it is melting fast.

I gave up on the outdoor hot tub because it was cold and all the chairs were wet--no place to put my clothes. Also it was kind of foamy--hopethey fixe that for later.

ZaGranny

Comment

Had a great day today. I am struggling to upload my pics to photobucket, so I will post tomorrow.

ZaGranny

Comment

Last night, there were so many people online,that I was able to load about 1 every ten minutes. When The folks came in from the New Mexico game, it slowed down even more, then after about 11:30, people must have gone to bed and gotten off the internet. So I finished loading about 12:30 AM.

So here goes:

We hung around the hotel yesterday morning. I saw a lot of Zag fans in the diner at breakfast. It was cold, windy, and snow. About 11:00 we walked to a credit union service center near by to make a deposit, then took the public transportation down to the ESA and the Radisson. Mr. ID went into pick up our tickets at Zag will-call, while I took some pics:

JohnStockton Drive:

Statues of Stockton and Malone:

I cold not get closer (so the signs could be read in this photo) with endangering life and limb, but I am standing at the the corner of John Stockton Drive (left sign) and Karl Malone Drive (right sign).

I walke dover to the Radisson , for the pre-game function. Saw lots of Harvard fans in the lobby and wished them luck--that must have been what did it for them!

The pre-game function was just starting up when we got there.

ZaGranny

Comment

The pre-game function was very nice as usual. Saw a lot of people I know, and had several people come up to me and introduce themselves too ZaGranny. One woman overheard me say we lived between Colburn Culver and Samuels off of US 95 and came over to say she lived in Hope out on highway 200.

ZaGranny

Comment

Justin (former KC president) and me.

He was the guy who used to stand under the opposing teams basket during free throws at the women's games and take off his shirt and jump up and down. Pretty distracting for the young women trying to shoot free throws.
                            When I reminded him of this, he said that he could not believe how many people remembered that. He said that he got on TV and that it helped him get his job as a financial advisor in Seattle.

Bob Finn, director of Alumni relations, and the guy who organzies all these great functions.

Father Hightower addressing the people at the function:

After the function, we went over to the arena and found our seats.

The banners at ESA:

ZaGranny

Comment

More banners:

re banners:

We were in time to see most of the second half of the Shockers-Panthers game--cheering for the Shockers.

ZaGranny

Comment

Working...
                              X