PDA

View Full Version : Seth Davis' All-Glue Team

Zags_Fanatic
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130314/hoop-thoughts/?sct=uk_t11_a1)

Major love for Mr. Hart on SI today, including a brilliant picture on the front page.

cjm720
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Wow, very cool. I like this!

"Fans can be forgiven if they are unfamiliar with Hart's contributions. A former walk-on who barely shoots is not going pop out of the box scores, much less the headlines. There is, however, one place where Hart is not only noticed but heralded, not just appreciated but held in the highest esteem. For his tenacity, his savvy, his persistence against all odds, and for lending college basketball's number one team his remarkable Cinderella story, Mike Hart has been named the captain of Sports Illustrated's 14th annual All-Glue team.

That's right, Gonzaga. The slipper still fits."

MDABE80
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
About as sweet an article on one of ours as there will ever be. SO glad Mike's getting his due...........better late than never. For some reason this means a lot to me. Congrats young fella.
This kid is what we used to call a true ZAG. What a story this kid.

zag67
03-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Great article and MH really deserves it. He is the heart of this team.

Zags_Fanatic
03-14-2013, 10:53 AM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/ScreenShot2013-03-14at104639AM.png<a

rennis
03-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Once in a while I like what Seth has to say. This is one of those times.

Well done Mr. Hart.

Lurknomore
03-14-2013, 11:02 AM
THIS is awesome. So happy for Mike Hart getting the recognition he deserves.

ZagMan in Philly
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Well deserved for Mr. Hart.
:cheers:

Bocco
03-14-2013, 11:08 AM
like Abe for some reason this means a lot to me. Perhaps because last year and especially this year I have felt this team plays better and is a better team with Mike Hart is on the floor. We have had a lot of great walk ons but in my book Mike Hart is the best ever, and I doubt we will see someone like him playing for the Zags for a long long time.

Robzagnut
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Great article.

Also nice to see Erroll Knight on the 2004 & 2005 teams, and Pendo on the 2008 team.

Zagdawg
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Outstanding!!!

Goes to show what commitment and hard work can accomplish.

Congratulations Mr. Hart-- proud to have you in a Zag uniform.

Once and Future Zag
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Right now, that's my #1 memory of this season.

At one point during that (Santa Clara) game, Hart gave Gonzaga three consecutive possessions by snaring offensive rebounds in traffic. It may have been the first time a player received a standing ovation from the home crowd in mid-possession.

gu03alum
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Thank you Mike Hart for proving me and many others wrong. You are an inspiration and deserve as much credit as anyone on this team for 31 wins.

Hoopaholic
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Lunch box and hard hat can succeed in the glamor and lights of broadway....NICE JOB Mike

Blitzing-Zag
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Great stuff right there. Well deserved Mike!

sittingon50
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
There's a pretty proud Mom & Dad in Portland right now.

rijman
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
What a season Mike is having. I was impressed when opposing coaches started talking him up and now with the awards, what a great story.

Maybe this was one player where it was wise for Mark Few to NOT take advice from the forum on playing time. He should totally follow our advice on everyone else though, who knows the Zags team better than us?

MickMick
03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
We can put the "best GU walk on ever" debate to rest now.

I think this pretty much settles it.

Captain of the "All Glue" team.

In a couple of weeks, there will be a moment where Mike Hart puts an exclamation point on this.

Oregonzagnut
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Wow! What an honor and one that exemplifies rags to riches and the implications of committing to hard work and NEVER quitting.

Truly an honor. It looks like this team keeps on getting better and better and the growth of this program never seems to stop. Even if it seems that there is a lull or two.

MDABE80
03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
We can put the "best GU walk on ever" debate to rest now.

I think this pretty much settles it.

Captain of the "All Glue" team.

In a couple of weeks, there will be a moment where Mike Hart puts an exclamation point on this.

This! The greatest ever. I never wavered on this kid. I knew he could do it. All those nights running down balls.............just a wonderful story. Couldn't be scripted any better. It's a huge personal triumph.
Truely a Gonzaga story of the lil engine that people bet against but came up ROSES. Hard work pays. I don't know where we might find another one. I don't even know if there IS another one. Congrats to our Mike!!

Zags_Fanatic
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
This! The greatest ever. I never wavered on this kid. I knew he could do it. All those nights running down balls.............just a wonderful story. Couldn't be scripted any better. It's a huge personal triumph.
Truely a Gonzaga story of the lil engine that people bet against but came up ROSES. Hard work pays. I don't know where we might find another one. I don't even know if there IS another one. Congrats to our Mike!!

Barham has shown flashes of having Hart rub off on him in a big way. I think he will fill the void nicely if he puts in more time on practicing those little things. Not to mention the fact that he is more confident shooting the ball. The team may never replace Hart but I like what I see in Drew.

mgadfly
03-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Who is writing the screenplay and who plays Mike Hart?

Mojo13
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Love that read.

I cant help to think that I would love to hire him on graduation.
Anyone know his major? "Business" is a little broad.

What are his career aspirations? who wouldnt want a guy like that in their organization?

Mojo13
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Seriously - just forward that artical. It is better than any normal resume I have ever seen.

He could probably get a job where ever he wanted.

TheZagPhish
03-14-2013, 05:24 PM

Is it possible that Mike could go all Audie Murphy and play himself in the movie? I think so.

NumberCruncher
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I could only think of some other characters' possibilities:

Maybe Kevin Bacon as Mark Few?

and Sally Field as ZaGranny?

and of course Natalie Portman as BobZag

Zagger
03-14-2013, 07:42 PM
This team's got Hart! Dang, nice piece! I'm grinning already and Sunday's still 2-3 days away. A lot can happen in college BB - But, another team is going to have to play some of the best BB they've ever played to beat the Zags! Go Hart! Go Zags!
Thanks for the link!

Marcus
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM
This is awesome, he adds so much to this team. Congrats to Mike.

jim77
03-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Great story....GREAT player.