• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Media thread is unstuck

In a effort to keep the front page of the board from "turning over" every few hours -- we're respectfully requesting that links to articles and videos of interest be posted here -- on this thread. Please feel free to include a short synopsis
    or put items of interest in quotes.
    While it's always great to be a Zag ..... this is certainly a GREAT TIME TO BE A ZAG. Thanks.
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Okay -- I'll start it -- 20 Smallest Schools to climb to #1. Some friends/rivals here: St. Joe's, USF and a host of other Jesuit/Catholic schools. Each team has a photo (in many cases an SI cover i.e. Bill Cartwright -- Jameer Nelson). A fun "article".

sigpic
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• tobizag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

kelly olynyk piece on bleacher report:

Gonzaga’s Kelly Olynyk is the best big man in college basketball. You can quote me on that. Don’t let his motto, long hair or "don’t care" attitude fool you...
      sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

How about this:

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
        Okay -- I'll start it -- 20 Smallest Schools to climb to #1. Some friends/rivals here: St. Joe's, USF and a host of other Jesuit/Catholic schools. Each team has a photo (in many cases an SI cover i.e. Bill Cartwright -- Jameer Nelson). A fun "article".

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/03/0...the-ap-top-25/
        Like a sports page, sticky 3-4 page one posts and let the rest float like Usual. Replace P1 with (1)'new p1 stories. Run each a half cycle or more, while the rest fend for themselves, per usual. Win- win. In theory. Thanks for trying.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• gamagin
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Jim Rome show thread

Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
          Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Comment

• gamagin
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Kennel Club's schedule of events at Las Vegas

Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• tobizag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

SI Power rankings:

good work to decipher how "weak" gonzaga's bid for a #1 seed is...of the last 40 1 seeds, gonzaga's pythagorean win % is ranked #20...right in the middle of the pack.
              sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Meehan
                "Bulldogs accustomed to physical play"

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Thanks, ZN

I was watching KO stretch next to SD and EH before the USF game last week and noticed the guy is like huge soft pretzel. Limber as a yoga instructor. It was impressive.

Made me think he's in even better shape that I thought. You can't be that limber without a LOT of stretching. It also is a tremendous way to avoid injuries, which this entire team has (knock on wood) managed to avoid all season long.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• caduceus
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Steve Sandemeyer on 1090 AM The Fan in Seattle has had Zags discussion every day this week.

Monday: Jerry Palm, Art Thiel

Tuesday: Matt Norlander, Robert Sacre

Wednesday: Jeff Goodman (wrote the Hart article).

Comment

• caduceus
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Hey AT&T. Learn to pronounce Gonzaga!

Brackets by 6-year-olds. Meet Kenneth:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                        Steve Sandemeyer on 1090 AM The Fan in Seattle has had Zags discussion every day this week.

Monday: Jerry Palm, Art Thiel

Tuesday: Matt Norlander, Robert Sacre

Wednesday: Jeff Goodman (wrote the Hart article).

I heard Sandmeyer and Goodman driving over the Pass today -- great listen.
                        sigpic
                        ——-

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Sporting News

Why No. 1 seeds matter in the NCAA Tournament

As teams like Indiana, Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Miami and Georgetown jockey for top seeds in the NCAA Tournament, college basketball observers continue their perpetual debate about the significance of being written onto the top line by selection committee.

No matter what anybody says, a No. 1 seed matters, and you’ll want to take that into account as you’re filling out your brackets a week from Sunday.

Six of the last 10 teams to win the NCAA Tournament have been No. 1 seeds, and that includes five of the last six champions. North Carolina (2005, 2009), Florida (2007), Kansas (2008), Duke (2010) and Kentucky (2012) all won the tournament as No. 1 seeds.

Comment

• caduceus
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Frank DeFord

NPR: Catholic Universities See True Path To Salvation: Basketball

But now, never mind the Catholic Seven. There is white smoke rising over the polls, for little Jesuit Gonzaga University, with less than 5,000 undergraduates, is the new No. 1 in all of college basketball.

Comment

• caduceus
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Then there's this idiot

CSUN's Paper: Number one Gonzaga in a position they haven’t earned

Pretty uninformed article, but I liked the comeback in the comment section!

Comment

Working...
                              X