• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B LAKE ZAG
    Bulldog Fan
    • Nov 2011

7 men

For most the game we played a 7 men rotation I think we need to short the bench for the tournment. Thoughts...
  • exclusivelee
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by B LAKE ZAG View Post
    For most the game we played a 7 men rotation I think we need to short the bench for the tournment. Thoughts...
    Putting Barham in occasionally works too, but he's been off on his shots lately.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Draino may choose to transfer...

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Play the right guys at the right time for whatever is thrown at us - whether we play 5 or 12.
      History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

SMC doesn't zone, so there was no need to bring in Drew and K-Drang.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2011

I like going deep only if we have to or are so far ahead we can rest our starters. If Drano can play the 3 next year he should stay.
          “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• BTB
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Nov 2012

In March Madness we want to go no further than 7 men for most of the game. That's the way most of the top dogs do it. Heck Calipari only scholarships 8-9 players each year. Want your best players on the court

Comment

• Sarenyon
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I'd be surprised if KD went anywhere. He already used his shirt. Would omly get two years with another D1 program. Great backup next two years and starts his Sr. year. IMO.
              GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

NCAA tourney substitutions tonight.......

7 or 8 guys and that's it, brilliant substitution pattern tonight. I think we saw a pre-cursor to what the NCAA tourney will bring from the bench. I'm still not a fan of the "Munchkin" lineup, but you can't argue with success, especially when the bigs are Kelly and Elias.

I really like the shortened rotation for the dance. Very strong, very deep.....

Go ZAGS

Comment

• bigblahla
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
                  I'd be surprised if KD went anywhere. He already used his shirt. Would omly get two years with another D1 program. Great backup next two years and starts his Sr. year. IMO.
                  No assumptions on KD he just might surprise us all next season.

Go!! Zags!!!
                  "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2009

There will be times when a backup 3 with size will be needed. Seven man rotation means DS/KP/GB in whenever Hart is out. There will be matchups in the tourney where that won't work.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

If someone zones GU, you can bet Drew will be in.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Backup at the 3........

If we need size at the 3 when Hart is out, that's where Drew comes in. He's the 8th man in the 8 man rotation.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• zagfan07
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Oct 2007

I think coach Few was a little hesitant to play Karnowski with all the ball screens St. Mary's runs. I think we'll see him more in the tourney as well.
                          GU Class of '07

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
                            I speculate that he will stick around. He has known since he stepped on campus that his turn would come toward the end of his career. He has always known that he would back up Bell and Pangos for most of his career and that he probably would not start until his fifth year on campus. If that situation bothered him enough to transfer, he probably would have transferred a year ago. He might actually relish being a role player on one of the very best teams in the country while developing to become a future senior leader of the program. Dower has taken a similar path while serving as a very valuable back up to Harris, K.O. and Sacre.
                            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• zag67
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Imo

I think if KO goes, then Barnum and Nunez will be playing the four, leaving more time for KD at the three. He is also going to be playing backup at the one and two. That makes us short, but with only having KD and Karnowski as experienced bigs, we will need to protect them from fouling out.

Also Stockton is gone after next year so that will open up more when a junior and then he will be one of the main players when a senior.

Comment

Working...
                              X