PDA

View Full Version : ESPN video on Dellavedova. Step up on D Sam!

matty1090
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=9040274

This is a quick video breaking down the zags and st marys. I found it interesting that the three plays analyzing dellevadova showed Sam getting beat on the on-ball screen, either by lunging or being out of position. I'm sure Few recognized that and has them prepared for that for tonight.

BTB
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Poor Sam has no chance against a PG as good as Delly

Hoopaholic
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Disagree. All about the angles and fundamental body position correlating to location on the floor...big Sam has the physical attributes he just has to mentally be prepared every second on the floor. N focus bg Sam focus

Sarenyon
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I really liked how Coach Greenburg broke the match-up down though. He's doing pretty well this year.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Disagree. All about the angles and fundamental body position correlating to location on the floor...big Sam has the physical attributes he just has to mentally be prepared every second on the floor. N focus bg Sam focus

He also needs to raise a hand to challenge the jump shot. He doesn't need to block it, but a 6'4" guard should never be able to shoot over a 6'9" center without worrying about a mouthful of leather.

rawkmandale
03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I really liked how Coach Greenburg broke the match-up down though. He's doing pretty well this year.

One of the ESPN twitter posters noted yesterday that Coach Greenberg didn't know last year that he would be on air, and now he is a rising star at ESPN. Yes, he sounds very "fair and balanced" on air.

ZagNative
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Nice video. I like Seth Greenburg. Thanks for posting.

tucsonzag
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I really like how Bruce Pearl's doing too. Seems to have a knack for broadcasting. Some good redemption for him.

B LAKE ZAG
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Greenberg was terrible now he is pretty good Bruce pearl is awful.

bigblahla
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Sudden Sam needs to practice sitting down on "D" and spreading out ala Big Rob. Anybody who understands knows the defensive stance should be lower than the offensive player. Long ways around Sam if he'd just lower his butt and center of gravity and slide on "D".

Go!! Zags!!!