PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin

Eroop22
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Sounds like the Hawks traded for Percy Harvin. I am pretty excited but I don't like giving up 3 draft picks especially a first round pick.

gu03alum
03-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Sounds like the Hawks traded for Percy Harvin. I am pretty excited but I don't like giving up 3 draft picks especially a first round pick.

So f'ing dumb.

Eroop22
03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
So f'ing dumb.

The more I think about it I am starting to think it is a dumb move. Harvin has a lot of talent but it just seems like a lot to give up for him. Hopefully it all works out. Who knows maybe he will fail the physical.

cjm720
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
So excited....top 5 offensive players in the league IMO, not including QBs!

LongIslandZagFan
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Not happy about the price being paid... But... A really solid set of hands. Just wish he was taller. Next stop... Inside linebacker and/or tight end.

Corky
03-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Not happy about the price being paid... But... A really solid set of hands. Just wish he was taller. Next stop... Inside linebacker and/or tight end.

Didn't they say that about Wilson?

gu03alum
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
He is very injury prone. He is going to ask for a lot of money to sign. He is also costing them a high draft pick. They are paying a huge price for damaged goods.

LongIslandZagFan
03-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Didn't they say that about Wilson?

I'll take shorter if they can catch the ball... Unlike the taller Braylon Edwards... But unless a receiver has a huge vert, they are going to struggle against big corners. All but 2 current receivers are 5'10 or 5'11

webspinnre
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
My biggest concern is the injuries, and the potential cost being paid. I love the talent. If he's healthy, I don't care that much about what we gave up, but that's always the question.

cjm720
03-11-2013, 11:33 AM
I can't think of a single bad move that Schneider and Carroll have done. In them I trust.

Harvin is an absolute stud.

We have 10 picks in this year's draft...a low #1 is a gamble. Other than injury concerns, Percy Harvin is a legit All-pro player.

Great move for this orgnaization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gu03alum
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I can't think of a single bad move that Schneider and Carroll have done. In them I trust.

Harvin is an absolute stud.

We have 10 picks in this year's draft...a low #1 is a gamble. Other than injury concerns, Percy Harvin is a legit All-pro player.

Great move for this orgnaization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Whitehurst
James Carpenter

cjm720
03-11-2013, 11:36 AM

DE, DT, OL, Linebacker. We "signed" a TE last week...brother of NE's TE Daniel Fells. I guess he's been playing basketball in South America, and the 'hawks brought him in last week and he wowed them...hasn't played in a few years though.

cjm720
03-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Charlie Whitehurst
James Carpenter

Whitehurst was stop-gap

James Carpenter got injured, writing's still on the wall.

WR was a top 3 need for this team and although the draft is deep in that spot (we will sign another one), getting a guy like Percy is a no-brainer. Sucks that it might lead to cutting Washington and maybe Baldwin or another receiver, but it's the right move now and for the LT. WRs out of the draft typically take 2 to 3 years to develop.

LongIslandZagFan
03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
DE, DT, OL, Linebacker. We "signed" a TE last week...brother of NE's TE Daniel Fells. I guess he's been playing basketball in South America, and the 'hawks brought him in last week and he wowed them...hasn't played in a few years though.

Works for me. That is a TE on the cheap. IMHO next priority is ILB.

zag944
03-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Small chance that first round pick wouldve been a WR anyways. No problem for me with taking a 24 year old who was on pace to be a pro bowler instead. We had 2 other 7th round picks as well, so that loss is minimal in my mind.

From what I hear, this draft is very deep at D-line...our number 1 priority in my opinion. Maybe a guy that would be a first rounder many years is there for us in the 2nd round.

NEC26
03-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I think the fit is great for the Hawks(he will make this offense very explosive). I really wanted the Hawks to pick Tavon Austin with that first pick but no guarantee he'd be there or perform to Harvins' level. That being said I think they overpaid as he has an injury history and attitude problems and wanted out( plus he wants a monster contract). I have read that the whiners were after him so maybe they drove up the cost. He makes the offense really tough to stop though.

sittingon50
03-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Most recent 2 tweets:

https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson

gu03alum
03-12-2013, 08:56 AM
This has me worried more than anything. I have heard people talk about his migraines not being real and he used them to get out of games. I have heard that he was a bad locker room guy. I don't mind guys that talk a lot of sh1t like Richard Sherman who go out and play hard every game. I'm worried that Harvin might have a little adversity at some point and have a migraine pop up.

Percy Harvin: Has to be more to the story (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/53954/percy-harvin-got-to-be-more-right)

cjm720
03-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Harvin said he hasn't had migraines in two years. I always joked that he just didn't want to practice, but who knows...his word vs. the world. It's not like a fracture that can be x-rayed.

He loves football and just wants to win...wasnt' the case at Minny after Farve left and last year he was okay after they started winning out of the blue. He won't be a locker room problem on a team like the Seahawks. Not with RW around.

His ankle(s) do worry me a bit. Definitely worth the risk IMO.

Draft picks were expensive, but his an instant impact guy. Plus we have 8 more picks in this year's draft and Carroll/Schnieder have a proven track record of finding guys.

Just love the direction of this team. Go 'Hawks!!!!!!

gu03alum
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm coming around on the trade. If he stays healthy he is one of the better receivers in the league. It was hopefully worth the risk.

cjm720
03-13-2013, 11:39 AM
But the beauty of Percy is that he plays multiple positions and dynamic at all of them.

Kick returner - most TDs over the lasst few years
Punt returner
WR - slot or outside
RB - utilized a lot behind center

Not that history plays into the now, but he was also the #1 recruit in all of high school (then he punched a couple teammates lol). I just hope he's matured a bit, doesn't get injured, and the money doesn't make him complacement.

That said, with the leadership and accuracy of Wilson, I expect multiple all-pro selections.

NEC26
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Since we already have a Seahawk thread going I figured I'd post this here. Seahawks signed Cliff Avrill from Detroit. 9.5 sacks last year at DE.

gu03alum
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Since we already have a Seahawk thread going I figured I'd post this here. Seahawks signed Cliff Avrill from Detroit. 9.5 sacks last year at DE.

Cool, I don't know a whole lot about him. Can he stop the run too?

NEC26
03-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Cliff Avrill is not a run stopper but would play the Leo position which doesn't require as much run stopping ability. He is basically a younger version of Clemons but maybe not as solid against the run. However the seahawks picked up Michael Bennet who is a very solid lineman against the run and a good pass rusher(he had 9 sacks last year for Tampa).
The best part is they are both short term reasonable contracts. If they don't work out its not a big deal but I imagine both players will be a big part of their defense next year.

gu03alum
03-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Cliff Avrill is not a run stopper but would play the Leo position which doesn't require as much run stopping ability. He is basically a younger version of Clemons but maybe not as solid against the run. However the seahawks picked up Michael Bennet who is a very solid lineman against the run and a good pass rusher(he had 9 sacks last year for Tampa).
The best part is they are both short term reasonable contracts. If they don't work out its not a big deal but I imagine both players will be a big part of their defense next year.

As long as he's better than Irvin at stopping the run I'll be happy.

cjm720
03-15-2013, 10:05 AM
As long as he's better than Irvin at stopping the run I'll be happy.

Not Irvin's job.

Avril is pretty diverse and willing to play linebacker.

Bennett (9 sacks last year) can play DT or DE.

We definitely need another run blocker and linebacker.

What a great FA period for the Seahawks!!!

cjm720
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
####...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2013/07/25/seahawks-percy-harvin-pup/2587871/

gu03alum
07-25-2013, 06:09 PM
####...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2013/07/25/seahawks-percy-harvin-pup/2587871/

No bueno

webspinnre
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
:(

We all knew that this was the risk we were taking.

cjm720
07-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Out 3-4 months....ouch. Well, long-term, it was a 6 year deal but man this guy is brittle...love his game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9522726/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-undergo-hip-surgery

Golden Tate needs to step up (was going to anyways)...needed as a return man now.

bullzag23
07-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Out 3-4 months....ouch. Well, long-term, it was a 6 year deal but man this guy is brittle...love his game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9522726/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-undergo-hip-surgery

Golden Tate needs to step up (was going to anyways)...needed as a return man now.

Tate better step up, for the Hawks and for himself. I believe this is the final year of his contract.

Eroop22
08-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure Tate will step up. I am expecting a big season from him. Hopefully Rice is healthy and puts up similar numbers to last season. The guy who worries me is Baldwin dude flat out sucked last season hopefully he turns it around. If he doesn't I would like to see what Kearse can do I have always thought he had the talent to be really good. Even when he was playing on all those crappy Husky teams.