Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

30 wins.

Yep.
  • Bocco
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

now let's focus on 31
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• exclusivelee
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2013

First 30 win season! Now to beat St Mary's!

Comment

• Club Prez
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

My senior year we could have won 20 games for the first time. We lost to Portland, who we should have beat.

30 wins. Another great achievement in a historic season.

Comment

• McZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Great milestone...the best is yet to come
          sigpic
          Gonzaga Basketball
          Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• rijman
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

30-2, it has a nice ring to it. Let's get the 31st win Monday.
            It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• caduceus
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

That game killed our RPI....now 11!

SOS is somewhere between 87 and 102 now.
              Last edited by caduceus; 03-09-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• GU69
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Club Prez View Post
                My senior year we could have won 20 games for the first time. We lost to Portland, who we should have beat.
                19 my Freshman year.
                21 my Sophmore year.
                ... not so many after that.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

30-2 is great in any league: but probably

not going to get a big reception nationally with the LMU win. Even though it looks like the underdogs are doing a lot of damage in the WCC championship series.

Right now, USD is taking it to SMC. They're going to have to fight for their lives ,too, it appears.

AS few has said, the WCC is a real e.g. of how tough the conference can be and especially how hard it is to beat anyone 3 times in a season. damn near impossible.

Nationally, I'm not sure the argument will hold much water. But it's true.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• gonwick
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Mar 2008

Exactly right, gamagin. Just read the ESPN writeup, which charitably said we rolled into the finals. Then perused the over 3000 comments saying how our schedule and this game are a joke. You know you are number one when people come to write about why you shouldn't be.

Comment

• caduceus
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

The Zags have taken care of business. A great nonconference record, a great away record, a perfect neutral court record, a perfect conference record, and hopefully a perfect conference tournament record. The committee will take all of this into consideration, and we'll be rewarded.

Still, I'm ticked off that New Mexico lost, and their RPI stays at 2, and we win and our RPI falls 4 spots, despite having the best record in division 1. RPI is definitely not the ideal tool.

Comment

• MTZag03
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2012

Getting to 30 is a big achievement. Credit to our team and coaches. People will try to cut GU down, but you can't argue against 30 wins and a #1 ranking. That #1 ranking does look to be in danger after tonight though.

Comment

• Akzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

From the twitter-verse ...

Gonzaga Basketball ‏@ZagMBB

Also with tonight's win, Seniors Mike Hart and Elias Harris set the record for most wins in school history
                          So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• gamagin
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

If the ESPN "chat" means anything,

Duke & Indiana seemed to be the top two faves after Saturday's games. The poor start & subsequent win over LMU got slight mention while the trio of ESPN talking heads ( including Katz) swooned over the dookies and hosers.

So it goes. We crush SMC & that's all we can really control. One game at a time. Just keep winning, baby.
                            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

ESPN is about flavor of the moment narrative. Given that the Zags were expected to win the LMU game easily, the only interesting angle to play was the slow start. Had Kelly gone into freak mode GU would probably have been played up a few different ways, but absent that - hey! Look at Duke!

Just keep winning. Beat St. Mary's.
                              Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

Working...
                              X