PDA

View Full Version : Picked for FF. Are the Zags now cursed?

BJZags
03-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg on ESPNU both just picked the Zags to make the FF, with even Greenberg picking the Zags to win the "natty." I personally think there is something special going on with this team and coach has been pulling the right strings all season long, and I suspect it to continue. Is this a realistic prediction for our team? Are we now cursed for it? What are your thoughts.

bartruff1
03-09-2013, 06:32 AM
I don't believe in curses....Coach Few has repeatedly said that Gonzaga is one of a dozen or more teams that can go far in the tourney...." can "... beat LMU...

Reborn
03-09-2013, 07:01 AM
If I believed in curses I would think that the Zags are one team who has not been cursed this year. So many unfortunate things have happened to so many other teams this year, yet the Zags have created an aura, or a shield, around themselves that has been able to shield themselves from all the curses that have been cast our way. I believe in the Zag Fire.

Go Zags!!!

Bocco
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm putting my money on something special. We may not make it to the NC game, or the final four, or the elite 8, but this season is something special.

zag67
03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
I can tell you that I don't believe in curses. If I did I would have asked for another room. Thirteenth floor and then room thirteen. But the room is super so far and they have not taken all my money yet.
The men's basketball games have been fantastic. Go zags.

novazag2
03-09-2013, 07:57 AM
A FF is realistic for this team. People who believe in curses have a losers mentality.

Gonzdb8
03-09-2013, 08:05 AM
If I believed in curses I would think that the Zags are one team who has not been cursed this year. So many unfortunate things have happened to so many other teams this year, yet the Zags have created an aura, or a shield, around themselves that has been able to shield themselves from all the curses that have been cast our way. I believe in the Zag Fire.

Go Zags!!!

if we lose tonight we will look back on this as the post that jinxed us. well done sir.

sittingon50
03-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Seth had the Zags back in November. Hope he turns out to be a savant!

;)

LongIslandZagFan
03-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't believe in curses.... But I wear the same GU hoodie every game.

kclubfounder
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't believe in curses, but I'm as superstitious as they come.

I'm throwing caution to the wind and celebrating everything that is happening this year loudly and proudly. I'm not tempering my enthusiasm or being careful not to say or type anything that could cause a jinx.

I'm all in.

This is the year.

This is the year.

TexasZagFan
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't believe in curses.... But I wear the same GU hoodie every game.

And I'm not getting my tattoo until the Zags cut down the nets.

MickMick
03-09-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't believe in curses, but I'm as superstitious as they come.

I'm throwing caution to the wind and celebrating everything that is happening this year loudly and proudly. I'm not tempering my enthusiasm or being careful not to say or type anything that could cause a jinx.

I'm all in.

This is the year.

This is the year.

Yep

ZagsBaby
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
No they are not cursed

NumberCruncher
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't believe in curses...except when I think the ref blows a call against us.

caduceus
03-09-2013, 03:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vHzv9.gif

Zagcity
03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm superstitious but I was at the New York, New York today and bet on the Zags. Gave up 12 in first half and 21 for the game. So if we lose its on me, but I couldn't resist. When Vegas you gotta do it. ;)

kclubfounder
03-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm superstitious but I was at the New York, New York today and bet on the Zags. Gave up 12 in first half and 21 for the game. So if we lose its on me, but I couldn't resist. When Vegas you gotta do it. ;)

I'd put a TON on the Zags -12 in the 1st half.

Fortunately for all of us, I'm not in a position to be able to do it.

As my earlier post indicated, I'm NOT afraid this year. I'm NOT going to worry about jinxes, but that doesn't mean I'm not the kiss of death every time I put down a "can't lose" bet.