PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Watch Party

Lurknomore
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know of a Phoenix watch party or a Bar that will be showing the games in Phoenix. A co worker will be there and needs a place to watch.

JPtheBeasta
03-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know of a Phoenix watch party or a Bar that will be showing the games in Phoenix. A co worker will be there and needs a place to watch.

I don't know of any viewing parties, but here a few bars your friend can try:

The Arcadia Tavern is one of my favorite places on Camelback and 48th St, about 10 minutes north of the 202 freeway/Sky Harbor Airport in east Phoenix. Kid friendly, actually. Neighborhood bar that is clean and well-styled. Attractive wait staff and good food. The sliders are good.

Scottsdale: (East of the airport)
Duke's- not much to look at on the outside but very big and lots of TVs. Off of the 101 just north of the 60 freeway. Wait staff are friendly and attentive, but not much to look at. Food is pretty good. Shufle board, pool, etc. More of a homey feel. If you like to get a salad at a sports bar, that's the place to go :]
Majerle's: Thunder Dan's bar. Old Town Scottsdale. More upscale. Attractive staff. Average food. No games. Right in the middle of all of the night life, so there would be plenty to do after.
Zipp's: Kind of a hybrid between the two. More laid back than Majerle's but a bit more upscale than Duke's.

Mesa: (further east of the airport)
Tilted Kilt- Naughty. Schoolgirl. Outfits.

NE Phoenix:
16th st Bar and Grill. My old hangout. Great wings in the past, changed them, and now only good wings. Kat the bar tender is the most informed female sports gambler/fantasy sports person I have ever met.
Zipp's: See above

Chandler:
Zipp's as well. There are good happy hours all over town at just about every shopping center.

Tempe:
Large irish pub at Tempe Marketplace on the corner of the 101 and the 60. Large beer selection. Good food. Dark and woody inside. Not a ton of TVs. Nice place. There is a Mmongolian grill in the same shopping center with cheap sake bombs, but probably not on Saturday. There's a Dave and Busters there as well.

Get yourself to the university district for several more sports bars. The Tavern on Mill is probably my favorite there. There aren't a great deal of TVs there though. 10 minutes from the airport SE. Get on north Mill Ave and go south of the 202. There's a Hooters there too (if you're in to that kind of thing)

There are something like one million Buffalo Wild Wings here, if you like leaving sports bars with a headache and an upset stomach. But they are bright and lively, and serve large beers. And buffalo wings, of course.

Hope this helps. PM me if needing some restaurant/nightlife ideas.

Lurknomore
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Thank you that was awesome. I passed that on to them.