PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT: MWC - ESPN TV Deal

strikenowhere
03-08-2013, 07:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9028744/mountain-west-conference-closing-7-year-rights-deal-espn-according-sources

Looks like the Mountain West is going to be getting 25 basketball games televised annually on ESPN now. Two things come to mind:

#1 - How does this affect the WCC's ESPN deal? I have to imagine that the MWC's games are generally more valuable and would receive priority (unless the Zags/BYU were playing).

#2 - I know that one of the reasons against the Zags moving out of the WCC has been the fact they are consistently on ESPN. With this new deal in place, they could still jump conference and be televised nationally (assuming the MWC would want them as a non-football member to take Hawaii's place in all other sports). And yes I know I am risking beating a dead horse with this!

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-08-2013, 07:04 AM
This makes the MWC move a lot more attractive in my mind.

gu03alum
03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I think the Pac12 should add Gonzaga and kick out WSU.

willandi
03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
I think the Pac12 should add Gonzaga and kick out WSU.

Except for Football. LOL, Seriously, does anybody REALLY think that the Pac ? would want to relinquish the top spot of their basketball season to the Zags?...year after year after year?

CDC84
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't think it would effect the WCC because the MWC operates on a Wednesday/Saturday schedule.