• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinfoilzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2009

Payton Dastrup Offered a scholarship?

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

From ESPN-

Payton Dastrup

6-9, 220 | Class of 2014

Bottom Line:
    Dastrup has a nice upside and reminds some of a young Nick Collison. Look for him to be a high major priority for the next level.

There is a rumor that this Utah kid received an offer from GU yesterday. I'm not finding much on it. Can anyone confirm/deny the rumor?
    The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Scroll down

Scout has him listed as being from Mesa, Az.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
      Scout has him listed as being from Mesa, Az.
      You are correct. I made an assumption based on his AAU team (Utah Select).

Arizona, ASU, BYU, USC, and Florida have already offered this 4-star Arizona product.
      The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• 75Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Payton Dastrup?

I have absolutely no idea who, what or why Payton Dastrup is, but if today is supposed to be a special day all about Payton Dastrup recruiting, he must feel like the kid who won the national spelling bee on the same day that the Titanic hit the iceberg.

How to go from page 1 to the back page of the newspaper in the blink of an eye.

Go Bulldogs! And good luck Payton Dastrup, whatever you are!
        Do not go gentle into that good night,
        Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
        Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• cjm720
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Laugh out loud funny, 75!
          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Individual highlights during games against Davis (UT), Canyon Springs (NV) and Lone Peak (UT).

Nice passing.

Individual highlights during games against Horizon (AZ), American Fork (UT), Desert Vista (AZ), Gahr (CA), South Sioux City (NE) in the 2011 VisitMesa.com ba...

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Apparently an LDS kid. I thought it was pretty much agreed here we'd throw in the towel for LDS kids before expending too much energy.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2009

Looks like we have some recruit activity right now. According to Rivals:

3/4/2013 - 2013 SF Elgin Cook (6-6, 190, 2★) has received an offer from Gonzaga. - Per Rivals

Elgin has visited and it looks like we have formalized it.

It seems like as good as time as any get offers out, even if they weren't on our radar (like Dastrup). Any insiders know if the Dastrup rumor is legit? no scouting site has confirmed it. Looks like it could be just a rumor.

Comment

• GoGU
                  Kennel Club
                  • Nov 2011

I think Cougar Board picked up on this earlier this morning. They seem to be convinced that any LDS kid is a lock for BYU, and one poster said they can't understand "why any recruit would want to play in Spokane." They were promptly chided by the more reasonable members of the board.
                  sigpic

The Gus Johnson Soundboard

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Cook video

6'6 Elgin Cook, from Milwaukee, WI, displayed a complete package this Summer at several prestigious AAU tournaments (NY2LA SummerJam, NY2LA Invitational, and...

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoGU View Post
                      I think Cougar Board picked up on this earlier this morning. They seem to be convinced that any LDS kid is a lock for BYU, and one poster said they can't understand "why any recruit would want to play in Spokane." They were promptly chided by the more reasonable members of the board.
                      Yeah, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to play for the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE NATION!
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• hooter73
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                        most impressive thing about that vid is that he can finish through contact for as skinny as he is. Pretty impressive.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

I am so glad we have some open scholarships
                          I hope the coaches will estimate correctly how few, and how many offers to make
                          A run to Final Four would certainly add beef to the notoriety we now have, but is doubted

We have to beat at least one of the top 7 teams ranked under us, when we draw them in the NCAA Tournament

Comment

Working...
                          X