• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spike94
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Video of post game interviews / Senior Night Video

I think people have done this in the past, but if not I would love to see the Senior intros and speeches after if anyone can possible post them. This is such a joyously sad night every year. I will miss these guys.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

If KO participates I assume he is gone. Is there precedence, such as with Ammo or Daye participating in Sr Nite?

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Meehan's Story on Senior Night

LINK

They entered Gonzaga’s basketball program at different times but will exit together.

Elias Harris, Mike Hart and Guy Landry Edi have shaped unique careers at Gonzaga, which closes the regular season Saturday against Portland on Senior Day at the McCarthey Athletic Center.

Harris will go down as one of the best players in program history, ranking second in career rebounds and fifth in career points at Gonzaga.

Hart’s story has been well chronicled, making the team in walk-on tryouts and making his way onto the court with relentless rebounding and defending. Edi, a junior college transfer, has had an up-and-down senior season and he’s trying to work his way back into the rotation.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Rangerzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        If KO participates I assume he is gone. Is there precedence, such as with Ammo or Daye participating in Sr Nite?
        The timing is incredibly off for that to be at all likely.
        "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
        "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
        I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Bocco
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          No. Senior night has always been for players that have used up their eligibility and this will be the last home game they will be able to suit up in a Zag uniform.
          The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

In past years, KHQ, KREM, and KXLY have had video of Senior Night festivities that made it to their web sites. . .anyone know if that will occur this year ? Thanks. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GoGU
              Kennel Club
              • Nov 2011

Last year SWX had it live right after the game. Probably not the case this year, since they are showing Washington B state championships all day. if KHQ or SWX doesn't post the entire video, gozags.com will probably have it.
              sigpic

The Gus Johnson Soundboard

Comment

• tampanjzag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2013

Gonzaga Athletics ‏@GonzagaBulldogs
                MBB: starters for this afternoon's game vs Portland Pilots: Seniors Edi, Harris, and Hart with Pangos and Olynyk. #GOZAGS

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

The "WCC This Week" show stayed @ Spokane for the most part. . .interviews w/ the seniors, KO, Coach Few. . .footage of cutting down the nets, receiving the conference championship trophy. . .best part was hearing Elias, Mike, and Guy make their post-game comments to the crowd.

Comment

• scott257
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2009

I wish for once they would have used Heister and company for this game. We missed half of the first half, and all of the pre and post game activities here.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Brad Holland handled the post game interviews. . .thought he did a nice job. He continued to push his POV re: the Zags getting a #1 ranking and a # 1 seed in the Big Dance.

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

re post game talks

EH, Hart and GLE all spoke briefly. They thanked their teammates, families and fans for a great year.

This after they were handed the WCC championship trophy from the league commissioner, whose name sounded like Zubinovich.

I remember Hart's words the most. He said this was his fifth year and he pointed up to the northeast corner of the K2 and said "Right up there is where I started as a freshman. He started as a student, evolved from practice player to walk on status, to scholarship status to starter. From the stands to the hardwood to Zag history. Amazing.

EH hailed and waved to his father and thanked everyone and told his teammates and the fans: "I love you."

Edi said he made "the right choice to come to Gonzaga" and added that HE has enjoyed every minute he has been at the school. He thanked the coaches and everyone involved.

When it was over (5 mins max) some rock music started up and the Zags joined a circle and a few of them got into the middle and did a little dancing. It looked for a few seconds like everyone was going to take a turn, but then it broke up as someone handed out tee shirts showing the Zags as the WCC champions.

Few spoke briefly, reminding everyone to enjoy the moment and then he added that this team has already given everything they have to us fans and the coaches and the school. And he hoped everyone would remember that and enjoy it, too.

Everyone encouraged us all to meet them in Las Vegas and beyond.

The KC which represented well today, pretty much ended the show with a few minutes of: ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . . ... "WE'RE NUMBER ONE . . .
                        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• scott257
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Thanks. Good summary, I wish I could have seen it.

Comment

• ZagNative
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Listening to the Seniors on the radio give their post-game speeches, I couldn't help tearing up.

Someone just included this hashtag in their tweet:
                            #HartForPope

Comment

• Birddog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I saw the coverage on the WCC wrapup show and Edi also said "coming to Gonzaga was the best decision he ever made".
                              All three seemed to genuinely love the Gonzaga experience.
                              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                              All mimsy were the borogoves,
                              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                              X