PDA

View Full Version : Elias and Kelly, best 4/5 combo in the country?

Marcus
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
While they were showing the Gonzaga/Portland highlights on College Game Day, they posed the question, are Kelly and Elias the best 4/5 combo in the counrty? They answered yes and I tend to agree but may be a little bias. Off the top of my head I really cant think of a better tandem. Who else compares? Who is better?

novazag2
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I think they are the best. We have more depth up front than anyone else as well. There are other solid froncourts (Arizona, Michigan State, Duke) but I'll take ours easily.

BSUBronco74
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Oladipo and Zeller? (although thats a 3 and 5). For a true 4 & 5 my money is on Olynyk and Harris.

Ekrub
03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
For sure best 4/5 in the country.

soccerdud
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
I think they are the best. We have more depth up front than anyone else as well. There are other solid froncourts (Arizona, Michigan State, Duke) but I'll take ours easily.

i think ours are the best. however, here are a couple of other combos that may be in the convo:

creighton - mcdermott/echenique
florida - young/murphy
indiana - zeller/watford
wisky - berggren/bruesewitz

those are the best i can come up with, but imo they are all in a race for 2nd

ZagsBaby
03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Uhhh Kelly/Plumblee?

soccerdud
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Uhhh Kelly/Plumblee?

forgot about them. brain has to recalibrate now that kelly is healthy again :)

good catch.

ZagsBaby
03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah, Kelly is awesome. What I love about him is that he's a college stud, but an NBA potential guy. His performance against Miami today after being out for so long was unreal

Marcus
03-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Kelly and Plumlee are very good. It would be an awesome match up to watch. I think that Elias is more athletic but Kelly is a better all around shooter. Olynyk is crafty enough and strong enough to take Plumlee inside or out and I could see foul trouble from Plumlee thinking he could out athletic Olynyk. A few pump fakes from Olynyk and Plumlee would bite for sure. One thing that seperates Olynyk and Harris is their passing ability and unselfishness and how well they feed off each other. They are both also very capable of bringing the ball up the floor. As we saw in the Duke game, Plumlee is not a ball handler or a great passer. It would be fun to see them go at it though.

ZagsBaby
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
At the end of the day, it's Duke and Plumblee and Kelly are doing it against the best competition.

Let's review this thread after the tournament. IMO Olynyk and Harris still have work to do.

NEC26
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I haven't watched a ton of Duke games but Plumlee has not impressed me at any point when I have seen him.

ZagsBaby
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I haven't watched a ton of Duke games but Plumlee has not impressed me at any point when I have seen him.

17 and 10 in the ACC? Come on, man.

Gonzdb8
03-02-2013, 08:08 PM

is "in the ACC" supposed to mean the same thing this year it does most years? after duke/miami there is a HUGE dropoff. ACC hoops just not all that impressive this year.

MickMick
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Kelly is awesome. What I love about him is that he's a college stud, but an NBA potential guy. His performance against Miami today after being out for so long was unreal

Kelly is what Wiltjer was supposed to be.

Speaking of Wiltjer, I was talking to a long, lean (6'6") person (actually a rather important person for Dept. of Energy) at work yesterday (roughly my age) and we started talking college hoops. Come to find out that he played in the National Junior College Tournament for North Idaho College (A long time ago). His teammate on that North Idaho team was Kyle Wiltjers dad.

Really? I mused. "You played with Kyle Wiltjer's father?"

I have worked in close proximity to this person for years to include the time GU was actively recruiting Kyle.

Small World.

Hoopaholic
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Duke has not won a SINGLE game on the road vs rpi top 50 teams this year no wonder why coch k won't schedule tough road games

ZagsBaby
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
is "in the ACC" supposed to mean the same thing this year it does most years? after duke/miami there is a HUGE dropoff. ACC hoops just not all that impressive this year.

It's still more impressive than 17 and 7 in the wcc.

MickMick
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Duke has not won a SINGLE game on the road vs rpi top 50 teams this year no wonder why coch k won't schedule tough road games

Lehigh will get em.

UKWildcatsFan
03-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I've been thinking about this. First I thought "oh that's just us being biased thinking Kelly and Elias are the best 4/5 combo"....but I'm really starting to believe it. I can't think of a better combo.

Zagsker
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
At the end of the day, it's Duke and Plumblee and Kelly are doing it against the best competition.

Let's review this thread after the tournament. IMO Olynyk and Harris still have work to do.

I agree for the most part...but KO and Harris work the high/low action unbelievably well. If Plumlee/Kelly are 1 than KO/Harris are a verrrry close 2,

I so want to see our bigs go against IU and/or Duke bigs

Hoopaholic
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Love to play duke. Plumped is soft and which of those two is going to guard harris ....we match up against them far better than they match up against us in my opinion

Ekrub
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM

Most analysts seem to be more impressed with KO this year.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Uhhh Kelly/Plumblee?

Plumlee sucks and Kelly shoots and flops. Our 4 and 5 are far and away the best in the country and it isn't close.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2013, 10:27 PM

I live a few hours from Puke, I watch all of their games. Plumlee was destroyed by Alex Len in their loss at Maryland, he had like 4 points and 4 rebounds and was almost reduced to tears.

billyberu
03-02-2013, 10:51 PM

No it isn't.

CDC84
03-02-2013, 11:04 PM
KO/EH are by far and away the best 4/5 tandem in the college game. It's not just their stat sheets, but how versatile both guys are and how well they work together with the high low, interior passing and even pick and rolls. Both are excellent rebounders. Both guys can take guys off the bounce, stick perimeter jump shots, and score underneath using a variety of post moves. Both relish physical contact and are fantastic in transition.

Other tandems like Plumlee and Ryan Kelly can't do all of the things that Olynyk and Harris can do both individually and especially as a duo working in unison.

Zagsker
03-02-2013, 11:17 PM
KO/EH are by far and away the best 4/5 tandem in the college game. It's not just their stat sheets, but how versatile both guys are and how well they work together with the high low, interior passing and even pick and rolls. Both are excellent rebounders. Both guys can take guys off the bounce, stick perimeter jump shots, and score underneath using a variety of post moves. Both relish physical contact and are fantastic in transition.

Other tandems like Plumlee and Ryan Kelly can't do all of the things that Olynyk and Harris can do both individually and especially as a duo working in unison.

One thing I have noticed with all of our bigs is that we do not FLOP...we embrace the contact and excell

bartruff1
03-03-2013, 05:19 AM
I've been thinking about this. First I thought "oh that's just us being biased thinking Kelly and Elias are the best 4/5 combo"....but I'm really starting to believe it. I can't think of a better combo.

As Coach K as much as said, that was the best game anyone at Duke has played..sooo...it is certainly the best game I have seen anyone play this year.

BUT...he did it from the three point line...he was crazy hot...he didn't dominate the game inside...played more like a three...

I "think" Kelly and Harris are better at the 4 and 5 because of their passing and rebounding...I really do.

I hope we play them in the Tourney, all the matchups would be facinating... even the coaching one..

BULLDOG#1
03-03-2013, 06:18 AM
KO would have a lot more than 17 and 7 if he played Plumlee's minutes.

Overall, Harris and KO have much more versatility.

Can't go wrong with either pair, dook's competition is way tougher. Ditto Indiana.

TacomaZAG
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM
+1. KO has 17 & 7 in what, 24 minutes per game??? Convert that to 40 minute per game production and it's off the charts. Same with Elias, who is averaging about 25 minutes per contest.

I would love to have Duke in our draw in the Dance, as I think we match up very well with them. Regarding Kelly's performance last night, it was great but I don't think Miami had anyone guarding him outside the paint. Those 3's he took were WIDE open. He had time to catch, set his feet, and basically shoot a set shot from the top of the key.......... He's not going for 36 against either KO or EH.

Go ZAGS

BTB
03-03-2013, 09:45 AM

In 25 minutes vs. 35 minutes a game. Olynyks Per-40 Minute stats are way better than Plumlees. Plumlee is the most overrated player in the country

john montana
03-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I watch a lot of duke games. Plumlee is tougher than you think, he just isn't a very skilled offensive player. Great athlete. Kelly is a savvy player, but as a unit KO and Harris are much more dangerous on the offensive end. Our guys not only score, but they score at a ridiculously high percentage and they put massive foul pressure on the defense. If Plumlee is in foul trouble, Duke has no one to back him up. Their guards scare me though. They can shoot it, and curry is pretty slick. What would worry me in the match up most is the ball pressure they put on people with cook, Thornton and sulaimon. Pangos would be constantly pressured, and bell just doesn't handle on ball pressure well at all. Love me some DS, but this would be a tough match up for him too. If our guards handled the ball pressure and we could run the offense I think we could beat them. I think the only way duke would beat us would be to turn us over or force bad shots. KO and Harris would really hurt their front line if we play our game.

ZagsBaby
03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Way too much homerism going on here. Most overrated player in college basketball is averaging 17 and 10 in the ACC while shooting 60%. Damn. Duke would probably beat us, fwiw. Although nobody here believes that.

MickMick
03-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I would take Sacre over Plumlee.

Edit: Dick Vitale wouldn't be calling on an opponent to foul Rob, down by 3, and with .55 seconds on the clock.

BTB
03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Way too much homerism going on here. Most overrated player in college basketball is averaging 17 and 10 in the ACC while shooting 60%. Damn. Duke would probably beat us, fwiw. Although nobody here believes that.

There are 5 big men in the ACC I would rather have on my team than Plumlee. That has nothing to do with Duke beating us, I think with R. Kelly they are the best team in the nation.

CDC84
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
If Duke beat Gonzaga, it wouldn't be due to their frontcourt. The Harris/Olynyk duo is just better. It would have to do with their ability to shoot the three ball and GU's difficulties containing the dribble drive. Yes, the dribble drive is much more difficult to contain with Ryan Kelly in there because he spreads out the offense. There's also the possibility that GU's smallish guards might not be able to handle the extended defensive pressure they apply.

I don't think their team is unbeatable, but with Kelly, their team is probably as good as anyone besides Indiana. The Blue Devils are not a good rebounding team, and that might come back to haunt them.

john montana
03-03-2013, 01:15 PM
There's also the possibility that GU's smallish guards might not be able to handle the extended defensive pressure they apply.

This is what would worry me about that matchup. I would not be worried about Plumlee on the offensive end.

bballbeachbum
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
johnmontana and CDC making sense to me.

I like how E and KO pass to each other, help each other get theirs, and both get physical on the glass. E outlets the ball as good as anyone too, ignites the break, KO better at that all the time. They both run the floor and finish with authority while also contributing the paint presence to the best defensive season I've ever seen from a Zag team

I like E's lead thru all of this in reading the quotes and watching the video interviews; GU focused on themselves and their game and what they can control, and loving each other all the way thru!!! love that

Zag79
03-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Yes, that is all.

HKeks
03-04-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm a complete theoretician with that, cause here from germany, I just know the guys from gonzaga and some from the wcc. But I checked the mock draft and this told me that Nerlens Noel and Willie Cauley-Stein from kentucky should be the best combination by far (number 4 and 11 pick). KO and Elias are ranked at 13 / 47, Baylors Austin and Jefferson are at 20 / 38. Pure theory...

ZagsGoZags
03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I just re-watched some of our big games,
and highlight reel of KO

from 8 to 14 feet TKO (stands for THOR Kelly Olynyk) follows his shots to the basket

from 8 to 14 out, Sam shoots and backs up towards mid-court

Bouldin4Prez
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
This one hasn't been mentioned but the combination of Dawson, Payne and Nix for Michigan State would destroy our bigs. Sorry to be a downer. All 3 of those guys are nightmares on the glass.

Edited to add: Michigan State is the one team I hope we don't have to play in the tourny

jrmeehan
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
No it isn't.

#ignorance

Ridiculous statement

titopoet
03-05-2013, 04:00 PM

But what have to compare 4/5 numbers. Kelly tends not get into the paint and fight for boards, so Plumlee has to most of the work so together they are 31.9 pts 15.8 reb 3.4 assists in 65.7 min a game.
Harris and Olynyk are 32.3 pts 14.5 reb 3.3 assists in 52.6 mins a game.

The numbers are close except in playing time. Gonzaga's duo is putting up the similar numbers in less time, considerable less time.

Plumlee and Kelly are good and they need each other (Plumplee's number numbers dropped with out a stretch 4 to clear the lane. Since both Harris and Olynyk can play both inside or out, they are far more versatile than Plumlee and Kelly.

billyberu
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
#ignorance

Ridiculous statement

How about not neccessarily. I still think that Olnyk/Harris form the most effective frontcourt in college basketball.

Marcus
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Bouldin4Prez;884955]This one hasn't been mentioned but the combination of Dawson, Payne and Nix for Michigan State would destroy our bigs. Sorry to be a downer. All 3 of those guys are nightmares on the glass.

Are you thinking they would destroy our front court just in rebounding? Rebounding and scoring? Do you think they would have the ability to shut down Kelly and Elias on defense and out score them?

The Mich St. guys are good rebounders but the numbers are similar to our guys. And yes the BIG 10 is better but the stats are for the whole year so its not all against WCC comp for our guys.

Payne 7.4 reb in 24.4mins/gm, Nix 6.4 reb in 27.4mins/gm, Dawson 6 reb in 27mins/gm

Kelly 7 reb in 25.6mins/gm and Elias 7.5 reb in 27mins/gm

I think that our guys are more versatile, better all around games and more potent offensively.

Payne is a beast, I will give you that, he was everywhere against Michigan. So long and athletic. It would be a good test.

I think destroy is too harsh of a word, unless you think they would out play Kelly and Elias in every way? In which case I would strongly disagree with that statement.

ZagsBaby
03-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Still don't think you can compare our front court to the front court of a team with the #1 SOS in the country.

Let's see em in the tournament. That'll give us the final answer.

ZagsBaby
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Can't take anything you say seriously.

Go!! Zags!!!

I really don't think that my opinion is out there.... In fact, if you pulled the nation..... Well, nvm, just enjoy the kool aid I guess.

MickMick
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
This one hasn't been mentioned but the combination of Dawson, Payne and Nix for Michigan State would destroy our bigs. Sorry to be a downer. All 3 of those guys are nightmares on the glass.

Edited to add: Michigan State is the one team I hope we don't have to play in the tourny

2nd best field goal percentage in the nation. When the round thing goes through the circle, there is nothing left to rebound. Further, it allows you to get set on defense. Finally, Appling has been known to let the moment get too big for him.

One last note: Elias Harris is a rebounding beast and a senior. Mike Hart is a rebounding beast and a senior.

bigblahla
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I really don't think that my opinion is out there.... In fact, if you pulled the nation..... Well, nvm, just enjoy the kool aid I guess.

First I deleted my post because I thought it was harsh but you were obviously waiting for some reply so now you get one.

You sound like you haven't watched games this season. Plumlee is pedestrian compared to Olynyk. Two different players.

You call yourself Zagbaby come here and post drivel that many people who's opinions I respect disagree with and yes you have a right to your opinion but you feel the need to keep saying it over and over. Why? You're not going to change any minds here and very few here will agree with you. You've stated your case.

I've seen Duke's front line many times and of course our Zags. If given the choice I would take Olynyk and Harris hands down, you keep your Duke boys to yourself. Now I'll have some more Koolaid which I have been drinking since October. You can go back to worshiping your Dukees.

Go!! Zags!!!

jrmeehan
03-06-2013, 06:56 PM
How about not neccessarily. I still think that Olnyk/Harris form the most effective frontcourt in college basketball.

Do you thinkthevacc is worse than the Wcc? That's ridiculous

ZagsBaby
03-06-2013, 07:01 PM
First I deleted my post because I thought it was harsh but you were obviously waiting for some reply so now you get one.

You sound like you haven't watched games this season. Plumlee is pedestrian compared to Olynyk. Two different players.

You call yourself Zagbaby come here and post drivel that many people who's opinions I respect disagree with and yes you have a right to your opinion but you feel the need to keep saying it over and over. Why? You're not going to change any minds here and very few here will agree with you. You've stated your case.

I've seen Duke's front line many times and of course our Zags. If given the choice I would take Olynyk and Harris hands down, you keep your Duke boys to yourself. Now I'll have some more Koolaid which I have been drinking since October. You can go back to worshiping your Dukees.

Go!! Zags!!!

So now I'm an anti-zag/Duke fan because I think Kelly and and Plumblee are arguably the best front court in the country... woahhhh. talk about ignorance and immaturity.

Once and Future Zag
03-06-2013, 07:02 PM

Seth, is that you?

DixieZag
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
So now I'm an anti-zag/Duke fan because I think Kelly and and Plumblee are arguably the best front court in the country... woahhhh. talk about ignorance and immaturity.

Why do you even read the board? It's ok to have a different opinion, but the constant criticism of other posters gets real old. The tl;dr on Reborn's piece really got to me.

You "dr" a person who actually played varsity ball, if things are "dr" why don't you take your own advice?

ZagsBaby
03-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I feel terrible I apologize.

It was a joke.

Seriously lighten up.

Looks like jrmehan also thinks more highly of the ACC competition. ATTACK HIM NEXT

jrmeehan
03-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Seth, is that you?

Seth is a jackass. Arguing KO and Elias over Kelly and Plumlee is a fine argument with many sides. Dont have an issue with it although I give plum and Kelly the edge. But arguing that the acc is weaker than the wcc is silly.

Hoopaholic
03-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Why jr do u give edge to plumule and Kelly over ko/Harris

Ko is more agile on perimeter, has quicker and longer first step to basket and has a better moves and shooting than plumule when faced up to basket 15 feet out....I give them both a B in back to basket moves....I give ko edge on three point shooting and I give ko edge on explosiveness and toughness for the ball
Defensively ko is far superior on the perimeter and ability to guard 5, 4, even some three slots we may see..he also does a far better hedge and recover in my opinion

Kelly I am not sold t all can guard Harris on perimeter. Harris runs court far better, can handle and lead fast breaks and is absolute terror on the offensive glass. Kelly is a far better 3 point shooter hands down

What say you

Once and Future Zag
03-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Seth is a jackass. Arguing KO and Elias over Kelly and Plumlee is a fine argument with many sides. Dont have an issue with it although I give plum and Kelly the edge. But arguing that the acc is weaker than the wcc is silly.

I didn't see anyone making that argument, just that the ACC's reputation exceeds it's reach this year.

jrmeehan
03-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Why jr do u give edge to plumule and Kelly over ko/Harris

Ko is more agile on perimeter, has quicker and longer first step to basket and has a better moves and shooting than plumule when faced up to basket 15 feet out....I give them both a B in back to basket moves....I give ko edge on three point shooting and I give ko edge on explosiveness and toughness for the ball
Defensively ko is far superior on the perimeter and ability to guard 5, 4, even some three slots we may see..he also does a far better hedge and recover in my opinion

Kelly I am not sold t all can guard Harris on perimeter. Harris runs court far better, can handle and lead fast breaks and is absolute terror on the offensive glass. Kelly is a far better 3 point shooter hands down

What say you

Excellent points, but I tend to disagree on the edge. I'm not going to use numbers as ko/eh play less minutes against far weaker competition (both leagues are down this yr).

I think Mason is the best rebounder, and rim protector, and athlete of the bunch. He has a decent post game now, and is a solid defender.

Ryan Kelly is easily the best player in the group. He opens up everything, passes, shoots, dribbles, and is the best defender of the group despite being the worst athlete. He makes everyone so so much better.

I love ko/eh, but I give the edge to duke bigs. I think they are more well rounded, and if they switched teams, I think GU would be slightly better and duke slightly worse.

Both are phenomenal sets of bigs and we will miss them both this next year ( especially if karn/Sam don't get a right hand)

MickMick
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Excellent points, but I tend to disagree on the edge. I'm not going to use numbers as ko/eh play less minutes against far weaker competition (both leagues are down this yr).

I think Mason is the best rebounder, and rim protector, and athlete of the bunch. He has a decent post game now, and is a solid defender.

Ryan Kelly is easily the best player in the group. He opens up everything, passes, shoots, dribbles, and is the best defender of the group despite being the worst athlete. He makes everyone so so much better.

I love ko/eh, but I give the edge to duke bigs. I think they are more well rounded, and if they switched teams, I think GU would be slightly better and duke slightly worse.

Both are phenomenal sets of bigs and we will miss them both this next year ( especially if karn/Sam don't get a right hand)

Couldn't disagree more on almost every point.

billyberu
03-07-2013, 07:23 PM

The OP was is Elias/Olynyk the best 4/5 in the country. And then another poster countered that anyone who thought 17/10 in the ACC was worse than 17/7 in the WCC was pretty much a fool. I disagreed.

Nowhere did I ever say the ACC was worse than the WCC. Please read and understand before you become such the reactionary. In my personal opinion, I don't think Mason's numbers are better than Olynyk's. That's what I believe if you need even more clarity.

Now, I may pack tools for a living, but I'm no fool and I don't bask in ignorance. Let's just get that out of the way. I watch other basketball games and I also read and study the opinions of others. If you want evidence for my opinions, look no further than some of the opinions in this thread that do not align with your own.

This is me being polite. If you would like to double down on your snark I'm sure I could respond in such a fashion as to have my post deleted by the super mods. Let's just agree to disagree and call it a day.

:cheers:

ZagsBaby
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
The OP was is Elias/Olynyk the best 4/5 in the country. And then another poster countered that anyone who thought 17/10 in the ACC was worse than 17/7 in the WCC was pretty much a fool. I disagreed.

Nowhere did I ever say the ACC was worse than the WCC. Please read and understand before you become such the reactionary. In my personal opinion, I don't think Mason's numbers are better than Olynyk's. That's what I believe if you need even more clarity.

Now, I may pack tools for a living, but I'm no fool and I don't bask in ignorance. Let's just get that out of the way. I watch other basketball games and I also read and study the opinions of others. If you want evidence for my opinions, look no further than some of the opinions in this thread that do not align with your own.

This is me being polite. If you would like to double down on your snark I'm sure I could respond in such a fashion as to have my post deleted by the super mods. Let's just agree to disagree and call it a day.

Show me where I called you a fool. Waiting...

And yes, who you put up the numbers against does actually matter. Ask GLE and Kyle Dranginis, who had nice games early against scrubs. Neither see much PT against even WCC competition.

billyberu
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Show me where I called you a fool. Waiting...

And yes, who you put up the numbers against does actually matter. Ask GLE and Kyle Dranginis, who had nice games early against scrubs. Neither see much PT against even WCC competition.

Like you said, it'll all be decided in the tournament. Can't wait for it and am itching to see how far Gonzaga can go.

ZagsBaby
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
How ignorant must you be...?

I guess jrmeehan is a "dookie" as well since he shares the same opinion on the matter as I do.

born and raised in Spokane, been a Zags fan since I was old enough to speak. Never had any interest in Duke basketball at all. But I guess according to you, questioning if there is a player out there in this universe that can somehow manage to measure up to Gonzaga's means I MUST be a Zag hating DUKE FAN, right?

I understand that i am not part of your little clique here, but try and use your brain for once in your life and differentiate objectivity and "hating" or "trolling" or "being a Duke fan." K thanks, bye.

jrmeehan
03-07-2013, 08:31 PM

I took your comment of saying Ko's numbers are more impressive than mp3 because the acc is Worse than the wcc. bit ofa leap i was making, but thats the implication i thought you were making. I watch every gu duke and UW game and i guess I just can't stand people who have no awareness of other teams and leagues. Some of my fellow UW fans would say that GU would get smacked in the P12, which is obviously silly. Can't stand people like that, sorry for taking your comment as something else. Still taking dukes bigs over gu though, boy are great and it's very close.

Ekrub
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Do you guys think if I ask nicely Kelly and Elias will play on my hoopfest team?

Crazy
03-07-2013, 11:59 PM
As much as i like such discussion, i didn't like this one. Such question are really hard to answer(if you don't start comparing our frontcourt with the one from usf ;)), and that there are different opions is quite natural. But i don't like the aggresivnesof some arguments.

In the end i would simple say, Kelly and Harris are a terrific frontcourt as Plumlee/kelly they have different strength and styles of play which makes the comparision even more complicated. In which is even more important, we play a style which fit very good to E and Kelly, so even when the others are overall better players i doubt that they can perform better here.