• BTB
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2012

He says we only have 1 top 25 rpi win? I thought we were 3-1 vs. rpi top 25

Comment

• primal23
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Seth Davis has had his head up his *** when it comes to us for awhile.
      11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
      "Make it yourself"
      "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
      "Okay"

Comment

• NumberCruncher
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BTB View Post
        We were, but teams move around. As of now, K State is our only top 25 opponent.

I think talking about top 25, top 50, top 100 is usefull, but has 1 huge flaw. Say a team you beat slips to RPI 101. Now it's like that game never happened. Beating RPI 51 is treated exactly the same as beating RPI 100. Flawed.

Comment

• KStyles
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BTB View Post
          RPI is a fluid number, if he wrote this article a week from now, GU could have 0 top 25 wins, or they may have 3. Right now, only K-State is in the top 25 (#21), Oklahoma is sitting at 27, OK State at 28, Butler at 29.

Comment

• gueastcoast
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Best thing about this is there's a good bit of vinegar from Fewie in responding to these "worthiness" questions...loved the answer about how big conference schools might do in the WCC, taking everyone's best shot. Don't back down!
            Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

He used ONE portion of Few's many statements to back up his assertion that a number one has no real difference than a number 2. He ignored the fact that Few has said on many occassions that the body of work deserves a one seed.

On the whole, though - I thought his argument went out of its way to be dismissive of the Zags, drudging up every negative angle without mentioning many of the positive points that others have stated.

Maybe I am overly sensitive and maybe I am reading into things but I don't trust a guy that has 15 coaches ahead of Few in his Coach of the Year list.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• primal23
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                He used ONE portion of Few's many statements to back up his assertion that a number one has no real difference than a number 2. He ignored the fact that Few has said on many occassions that the body of work deserves a one seed.

On the whole, though - I thought his argument went out of its way to be dismissive of the Zags, drudging up every negative angle without mentioning many of the positive points that others have stated.

Maybe I am overly sensitive and maybe I am reading into things but I don't trust a guy that has 15 coaches ahead of Few in his Coach of the Year list.
                Someone had mentioned, either here or on SSF, that Davis might still be slighted by one year he picked GU in the FF and obviously we didn't make it. That and he's a Dukie. Seems to be going out of his way to rag on us. Or maybe I also am overly sensitive.
                11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                "Make it yourself"
                "Okay"

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

Look for the Zags to be on the front page of SI magazine, if rank #1 next week.
                  How many of us here would frame that??????????

Go Zags! Let's do it.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2009

From the article:

"So if the issue is fairness, is it really fair to reward a team for rolling through a mediocre league when the other candidates have faced difficult tests nearly every night?"

This argument is common and ridiculous. You can do one of three things with a team's conference schedule: Reward them for it, ignore it, penalize them for it.

Do we have the option to play in another conference? Of course not.
                    Have we gotten the best possible outcome from playing in our conference? undefeated.
                    Did we play the toughest teams WE COULD SCHEDULE for out of conference? pretty freakin' close

So if everyone doesn't want to reward us for playing in the WCC like they want to award teams in the B1G, and they don't want to ignore it (we constantly hear about the weak WCC), they must want to penalize us for playing in the WCC even though we haven't lost.

So whenever someone says "they shouldn't be rewarded for playing in a weak conference" what they are saying is GU should be penalized in the name of 'fairness'. With that logic GU should not be allowed a #1 because the ceiling isn't high enough to warrant that.

That doesn't seem fair to me.
                    The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
                      Look for the Zags to be on the front page of SI magazine, if rank #1 next week.
                      How many of us here would frame that??????????

Go Zags! Let's do it.
                      Me. And I would get matching frames in hopes of a national title.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• upan8th
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

PUUHLEEZE!! NOT the cover of SI! Throw us in the briar patch, make us play in overshoes! ANYTHING but that! DOOMED...we are toast.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

A couple other nuggets from Seth which we all should agree with him on:

I honestly don't know why Saint Mary's coach Randy Bennett doesn't schedule more aggressively in the nonconference. Does he want his program to fly with the eagles or doesn't he?
                          Over the next two weeks, we're going to see a lot of video from Senior Night celebrations. This is one of the all-time greatest rituals in sports. It's reason 1,689 why college hoops is better than the NBA.
                          If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• primal23
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Better win today, or it will prove Seth's point.
                            11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                            "Make it yourself"
                            "Okay"

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Smells, walks and sounds like a Big Set Up. The national media by and large and the BCS admins would mess their pants if the Zags stumbled early in the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X