View Full Version : Meehan-Zags make #1 Pitch

Section 116
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2013/feb/27/zags-make-no-1-pitch/

MickMick
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
The pitch that isn't made enough?

Mark Few. Coach of the year.

It is almost disgusting.....some of the names they are throwing up there in his stead.

This is the season Few hit 80% winning and passed up Roy Williams to take first place.

F' em. I hope he has a chip on his shoulder from the disrespect.

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-28-2013, 03:41 AM

It is almost disgusting.....some of the names they are throwing up there in his stead.

This is the season Few hit 80% winning and passed up Roy Williams to take first place.

That almost deserves a thread to itself.

Zagger
02-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Meehan ....

“The level of desperation and intensity is going to be at an all-time high,” Few said of facing the Cougars. “We’re going to have to match that. That’s a physical team and they run a couple different types of zone (defenses) that we have to get comfortable against.”
Any BYU "desperation and intensity" may very well put them into foul trouble and turnover territory. It will be a telling game. You can bet BYU wants a win badly. Can they beat the Zags with that though? Objectively .... I think the Zags will clobber BYU. Subjectively .... I think the Zags will clobber BYU. :D
Go Zags!

DixieZag
02-28-2013, 06:41 AM

Good Lord do I ever agree. I was so enraged that Davis didn't even have Few in his top 10 that I did that little thread about it. Coach has only overtaken Williams with the highest winning percentage in active coaches, has the best record in the nation (with a loss to spare), coached a RS to All-American and has done it all wihout any of the 5 star/HS All-Americans that litter the roster of those coaches likely to get it.

What more does Coach have to do? I could deal with him losing out to 2 or 3 others doing a phenomenal job - that is simply a subjective opinion, but I haven't even seen him CLOSE in any article.

If I had a way to write Bilas or even Vitale (who actually might be better b/c as insufferable as he can be, he can really really argue against an injustice) I would.

They will probably give it to Calipari for bringing Kentucky all the way back to a tourney invite, kidding - sort of.

bballbeachbum
02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
What more does Coach have to do? I could deal with him losing out to 2 or 3 others doing a phenomenal job - that is simply a subjective opinion, but I haven't even seen him CLOSE in any article.

of course I agree with you and Mick.

don't take this the wrong way, but what he and the program have to do is dance dance dance deep into the night. Serve it up ice cold and expect no respect from the nation. Just force feed them the truth on the court and let them deal with their disbelief

DixieZag
02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
of course I agree with you and Mick.

don't take this the wrong way, but what he and the program have to do is dance dance dance deep into the night. Serve it up ice cold and expect no respect from the nation. Just force feed them the truth on the court and let them deal with their disbelief

Your point is well taken, but I thought that coach of the year was voted on prior to the tournament? I thought it was a regular season award. Maybe not. I'll look - even so, if one is going to reward a whole season. . .

bballbeachbum
02-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Your point is well taken, but I thought that coach of the year was voted on prior to the tournament? I thought it was a regular season award. Maybe not. I'll look - even so, if one is going to reward a whole season. . .

wasn't even thinking about that, but good point. I was talking about in general, to get the respect, that's what it'll take to get rid of all the qualifiers and mitigating conversation when the nation discusses Few's record, the 11 straight conference titles, the 14 straight ncaa tournaments, etc.

DixieZag
02-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, the AP award does not seem to be voted upon until the day before the championship game and I can't find a rule upon what is taken into consideration, but I did find an article from last year's process and it seemed like the information was in prior to the tournament, none of the articles state that a "deep run would help."

I don't know, I do know that at THIS point in the season, Few should be getting acknowledged.