PDA

View Full Version : take care of business

allnet59
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
The next two weeks and four games are huge for the Zags to get either a one or two seed in the big dance and possibly after this weekend the number one ranking in the polls. Just want to wish the players and coaches good luck. This has been a great ride for this long time fan and I hope it lasts long into the month of March and possibly playing on a Monday night for a national championship. Go Zags.

HRZag
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Yep, this surely has been fun. And they did it with grit, composure and tough D, rebounding, great passing.

They did it the right way and made us proud.

Go Zags.

exclusivelee
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Wishlist for the rest of this week:

Gonzaga beats BYU (Feb 28)
Virgina beats Duke (Feb 28)
Gonzaga beats Portland (Mar 2)
Duke beats Miami (FL) (Mar 2)
Iowa beats Indiana (Mar 2)
West Virginia beats Kansas (Mar 2)
Rutgers beats Georgetown (Mar 2)
Syracuse beats Louisville (Mar 2)
Michigan St beats Michigan (Mar 3)

MickMick
02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I have seen enough.

I have seen enough self entitled blowhards from around the country cry about Gonzaga and then watch their team fall on their face the next night.

I have seen enough of GU and enough of the other ranked teams, to really believe GU is the best team in the country.

Living in the West, I get the chance to watch the field.

The folks that stay up late to watch GU?
They know.

The coaches in the WCC and Big 12?
They know.

Folks like Bilas and Fraschilla?
They know because it is their job to know.

The folks that are hurt because GU busted their bracket a couple of times?
They don't know.
They really, really don't know.

Deep down, I never truly believed it. Surprizingly, a loss to Butler started to change my mind. The team played sooo tough in that game. The crazy environment on the road. The referees doing a bit of home cooking. GU played with poise to the last possession.

Now I truly believe it.

In fact I have never felt more certain about it than I do right now. There is not a single team in the country that GU can't hang with. GU is very capable of winning a string of games against the field.

This is the year.

allnet59
02-27-2013, 09:21 PM
I have seen enough.

I have seen enough self entitled blowhards from around the country cry about Gonzaga and then watch their team fall on their face the next night.

I have seen enough of GU and enough of the other ranked teams, to really believe GU is the best team in the country.

Living in the West, I get the chance to watch the field.

The folks that stay up late to watch GU?
They know.

The coaches in the WCC and Big 12?
They know.

Folks like Bilas and Fraschilla?
They know because it is their job to know.

The folks that are hurt because GU busted their bracket a couple of times?
They don't know.
They really, really don't know.

Deep down, I never truly believed it. Surprizingly, a loss to Butler started to change my mind. The team played sooo tough in that game. The crazy environment on the road. The referees doing a bit of home cooking. GU played with poise to the last possession.

Now I truly believe it.

In fact I have never felt more certain about it than I do right now. There is not a single team in the country that GU can't hang with. GU is very capable of winning a string of games against the field.

This is the year.

Well said.........

tempe85
02-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Wishlist for the rest of this week:

Gonzaga beats BYU (Feb 28)
Virgina beats Duke (Feb 28)
Gonzaga beats Portland (Mar 2)
Duke beats Miami (FL) (Mar 2)
Iowa beats Indiana (Mar 2)
West Virginia beats Kansas (Mar 2)
Rutgers beats Georgetown (Mar 2)
Syracuse beats Louisville (Mar 2)
Michigan St beats Michigan (Mar 3)

The irony is that if Duke does beat Virginia, then you are absolutely correct, we should be rooting for Miami to lose. If Miami wins, depending on us beating BYU, then we would be #1. However, our chances at a #1 seed would be a lot lower.

Let's just hope Virginia can pull off the big upset.