PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on a great season thus far. Zags deserve to be #1

Mountaineer
02-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Keep up the great work.

MTZag03
02-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks guy. Of all the fans we've had on these boards this year, WV are by far the most reasoned, decent, and fun. I hope Huggins figures things out.

zagzilla
02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Hope WV finishes strong. Good luck!

ZZ

Mountaineer
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah boy, we got beat once again tonight at home against Baylor. We are a joke. We are beyond the point of being a laughingstock. We suck, it's that plain and simple. As our lone senior (we have few other seniors but are transfers) stated after the game "We are a bad team with bad players". There is no hope. I'm just glad hockey season is here so I can watch my Penguins even though Malkin was recently injured with a Concussion which really blows. Then baseball season starts soon, cannot wait to watch my Reds. They will probably have another solid year and then choke it away in the playoffs like they did last year against the Giants who went on to win it all. Pathetic. If it involves sports, I'm cursed or at least I was in 2012.

WVU Football - hyped up after destroying Clemson in Orange Bowl, sucked it up in the first year of being in the Big 12. Started out 5-0, Geno was going to win Heisman then poof, we suck it up because our defense was the worst in all of college football.

WVU Basketball - hyped up being a top 25 team, Huggins was extremely confident. And we have absolutely sucked. We have only won 6 games in the Big 12, all coming against - Texas Tech, TCU, and Texas. 3 of the worst teams in the Big 12 excluding us. No quality wins. Not even making the NIT. Hell, we won't even make the CBI. We don't deserve to play in the YMCA against a Senior Citizens Club Team.

Tiger Woods - No majors, choked away a few. I do like Rory and he did win the PGA Championship. USA Ryder Team choked in one of the biggest choke jobs ever in Ryder Cup history.

OKC Thunder - chokes and loses 4 straight games to the Heat in the Title game.

Penguins - lose to hated rival Flyers in 1st round Stanley Cup Playoffs

Reds - Amazing year, used all 5 starting pitchers the entire year besides 1 game which was against the Cubs because it was a double header, game made up from a previous rain-out. What happens? 8 pitches in the 1st game of the Playoffs, Cueto goes out with back spasms. Won the game and the next one, but not having him ended up costing us 3 straight games and the series loss.

Duke basketball - my #2 college basketball team loses to Leigh in the 1st round. What a joke.

Steelers - get Tebow'd on the 1st play in overtime. Then turn around and not even make the playoffs this year. #1 rival Ravens wins the Super Bowl, what a joke.

Absolutely God forsaken year of sports for me. Completely pathetic, worst sports year ever. Will be rooting for you guys though. You guys are my #3/#4 team. I also like Marshall which is only like 30 minutes from me so I guess Zags are my #4 team. WVU, Duke, Marshall, and then Zags. My team out West I like call to the Zags. Always enjoyed watching the Zags. I remembered when you all took America by surprise when you was a Cinderella story. Many people rooted for you but fell off the bandwagon fan over the years because you all became a national power. I decided to stay with you because I had nobody else Out West that I liked. Best of luck, if Duke doesn't win it, I sure hope you all do.

caduceus
02-27-2013, 10:12 PM
No worries, Mountaineer. I read somewhere that no team in modern NCAA history has done well in their first year after changing leagues. I'm sure the travel didn't help either (we know!). Come root with us for the Zags for a bit, and I'm sure Huggy will get it back on track next year.

Mountaineer
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
How is basketball played in the WCC? I watch Gonzaga games as much as possible. But I don't get to watch majority of the games. Do the officials call a lot of ticky tack fouls? Officiating fair or atrocious? That's one thing I noticed about the Big 12. Officiating is pathetic. I thought it was bad in the Big East, but nope, I miss officiating in the Big East. Too ticky tack in the Big 12. The officials are inconsistent and come off as corrupt because many of their calls are so phantom or can be so phantom. Catch the Iowa State - Kansas game other night? That was just an appetizer, these bogus calls or lack of correct calls are beyond me. I just don't get it, Big 12 punishes for playing defense.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
You won't get a ton of sympathy from us pacific northwesterners...... Sonics.... You mean the thunder, you mean the god awful kings.....and the Mariners.....we love our Seahawks but and they have a chance at something special in the next few seasons..... The zags are all we can mostly count on. I feel your pain though. That's a tough haul you've gotten to witness.

Mountaineer
02-27-2013, 10:26 PM
You won't get a ton of sympathy from us pacific northwesterners...... Sonics.... You mean the thunder, you mean the god awful kings.....and the Mariners.....we love our Seahawks but and they have a chance at something special in the next few seasons..... The zags are all we can mostly count on. I feel your pain though. That's a tough haul you've gotten to witness.

Not a huge NBA fan. Never really had a team until few years ago. Followed or liked certain players in the NBA, but I was pretty much just a casual fan who only watched games when nothing else was on. But I decided to get a team and finally start watching NBA with a passion or a desire instead of only watching it for entertainment purposes. I decided to go with OKC Thunder because 4 factors. 1) All of my friends are Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, Knicks, etc fans. Nobody else liked the Thunder so I thought it was a great choice since nobody else liked them. 2) Small market team 3) Huge KD fan, fell in love with him at Texas. 4) I watched Westbrook play in person when #2 UCLA played at WVU my freshman year so I thought that was awesome.

caduceus
02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
WCC refs are special and world-renowned. They have this uncanny ability to anticipate the foul many seconds prior to it actually occurring, if ever. It's like Minority Report, but with basketballs.

Big XII might be a step down from the BE, but you should be very glad your refs don't come from the West Coast.

Mountaineer
02-27-2013, 10:32 PM
WCC refs are special and world-renowned. They have this uncanny ability to anticipate the foul many seconds prior to it actually occurring, if ever. It's like Minority Report, but with basketballs.

Big XII might be a step down from the BE, but you should be very glad your refs don't come from the West Coast.

That is something that I have #####ed about for years now. Officials calling something because it looks like it will be a foul or was a foul. It's like they have an illusion that a foul is about to or has taken place instead of it actually happening. Absolutely hate that. You'll see so many fouls and then you'll see the replay and be like "say what". A guy barely even touches a player. Something else I hate is when an offense player throws his body into a defender and they call the foul on the defender despite the offense player was the one who initiated the contact.