PDA

View Full Version : Great year for you..See you at the Final Four!

adallastiger
02-24-2013, 10:15 AM
We will see you in Atlanta! Hopefully, the way the match-ups are, it will be in the finals.

So I am counting on you guys to hold up your end of the bargain.

You should be a one seed, if all holds up. See you then!

We have won 18 in a row and I am not sure if we have ever looked better. In theory, we have just about everyone back next year plus another top ranked recruiting class. Pastner doing a great job at Memphis!

Go Tigers!

Again, congrats on a great year! We need to find a way to get this series going again!

MickMick
02-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Love the classy Memphis fans.

Memphis is the best team that no one seems to talk about.

Very similar circumstances to Gonzaga. All they do is beat the teams lined up in front of them. Playing very well at the right time.

I'm pulling for the Tigers and from a selfish standpoint of wanting to advance, there are many other teams I would prefer for GU to face in the post season.

Drew Barham is the gift that keeps on giving. Has played his way into being a key component. Love his game. A real asset for GU.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-24-2013, 10:36 AM
It kills me we don't play Memphis anymore. I want that series back more than UW. This was a good game for us, whereas UW was usually an easy win.

rennis
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I would not want to face the Tigers in the Dance this year...sneaky good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MDABE80
02-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Welcome back Dallas........ thoughtful post! Sure lets hit the FF.

GoGU
02-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Thank you for the extremely classy post. We look forward to seeing Memphis in the tournament.

And thank you for Drew Barham. An outstanding player and a wonderful character who earned his degree at your university.

U Zig, I Zag
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Nobody is talking about Memphis, which is just ridiculous. Tourney team, obviously and I am willing to bet an E8/FF threat given a good match-up.

As a Zags fan I wouldn't want to meet Memphis anytime soon.

DixieZag
02-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Very nice post and welcome back. Also great posts about wanting this series back - served both teams so well and created a great rivalry. Plus, the fans were great on the board.

And we really do appreciate sending Barham over, feel free to keep sending big wings that can rebound and nail threes.

Oregonzagnut
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
We had a 6 yr series with Memphis and that helped both our programs grow leaps and bounds. However, getting new blood is important for a programs development. I think getting 3-4 year "home and away" series' with some elite ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and especially Mountain west teams will help us grow even more.

Memphis will be missed, but a 6 yr series is abnormally long in todays media markets TV contracts. At least, IMO.

I would love to see series deliberately sought out with any of the new Catholic 7 teams, like Georgetown, Marquette, and Villanova to gauge our compatibility and travel time and costs. Plus it would help our candidacy if it ever came up. Which it doesn't. but still to be in series with 1-2 of the C7 would establish a whole lot of goodwill and we can capitalize on the C7 TV time and notoriety.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
02-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Dallas Tiger,

IMO Memphis is a ticking time bomb that will ultimately detonate next year at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas for you to enjoy even more! If everyone returns including Adonis Thomas & Shaq you could be very special. Hopefully Adonis won't pull a Will Barton and leave early. No way Shaq is ready yet IMO but...

U of M plays an exciting brand of hoops and is clearly flying under the radar this year IMO. Your recruiting class is off the hook next year and we will see what happens with team chemistry assuming everyone returns which they should. I have some concerns to be honest for you guys in that area but if things click no team will have more talent then Memphis next year other than Kentucky maybe. Team chemistry will be a huge variable to maxing out your teams potential next year. Look no further than the Zags so far this year to see that! Gonzaga is special this year and I love this team so much.

Last year I saw kuran Iverson (Memphis bound) play against Simsbury High I think it was when Kuran was playing for Northwest Catholic High in Connecticut. This kid has immense talent and is as smooth as butter. UConn's Kevin Ollie (Asst. coach at the time) and Glen Miller attended the game. Andre Drummond was hanging at the game and UConn was putting on the full court press. That press eventually went Bye-Bye when concerns came into play about the academics of KI. Of course with the APR situation at UConn that Calhoun left Kevin Ollie with who can blame them for not eventually taking the full risk. Calhoun then disappeared like the shady chicken he is leaving the honorable Kevin Ollie with a mess. So Memphis rightfully so scored the big recruit.

Because I love working out focusing on cardio/yoga mostly I am pretty familiar with Frank Matrisciano the U of M trainer.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/10/11/2479537/frank-matrisciano-hells-trainer-memphis-dan-grunfeld

"The Memphis program now has a huge advantage, and I hope those kids know how fortunate they are to be able to train with a guy like Frank. Also, I hope they don't try to take a picture of his face with their iPhones and post it on Facebook, because that could end badly for them. While he's in Memphis, Frank has also talked about raising money to finally start the non-profit he's always dreamed about -- what he envisions as his "Find-A-Way Foundation" -- to buy land to build schools and housing for kids less fortunate than some of the ones he's trained. Again, that's the heart under the vest. Frank is a crazy man, no doubt, but he's a great person to have in your corner, and he's the best trainer I've ever seen. He also has a Hansel-esque modeling portfolio, but that was a long time ago, long before he brought his sick brand of training to the Bay Area, and long before he decided to don his signature face-mask in order to stay, as he calls it, "Stealth." It was also long before I worked out with him, long before I had an unlimited arsenal of absurd Frank stories, and, more importantly, long before I made such a loyal friend."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=likzgZHcMsw

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/35290/memphis-trainer-is-effective-mysterious

and this 1. What an absolutely gorgeous puppy doggy!!!!!!!!!! :)

http://timothyarchibald.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-pieces-dont-fit.html

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/frank-matrisciano-trainer

I think the Gonzaga hoops trainers are the best in the world. They are proving that this year with an injury free season and off season work outs that are incredible. IMO

Have a very blessed and healthy week everyone! I am just enjoying every day and breath of this magical season for Gonzaga.

Warmest,
Vxo

UKWildcatsFan
02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I would love for Memphis and Gonzaga to start a series up again. That was a fun series that I wish did not end.

UberZagFan
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Indiana, Duke, Stephen F. Austin, Louisiana Tech and Memphis are the five teams tied behind GU in the loss column with 3. They don't have any bad losses. But they don't have any top 25 wins and only two top 50 (2-3 vs. top 50).

They are playing real well lately and would not be a team GU would want to face pre-EE.