PDA

View Full Version : Nascar

bartruff1
02-24-2013, 04:53 AM
They knew or should have known this was going to happen. Restrictor Plate racing at Daytona and Talledega (Super Speedways) results in the cars running in a tight pack and the Big One (accident).

The honest drivers fear it and hate it and unfortunately many fans watch or attend to see a wreck involving dozens of car.

INHO they need to regrade the curves to take the banking down to the point that the drivers cannot run flat out all the way around the track.

Just maybe this accident will force them to make the racing safer.

gu03alum
02-25-2013, 04:03 AM
I doubt it will change anything. I'm not sure why you would want to stand so close to the track. It seems like you almost have a death wish.

kitzbuel
02-25-2013, 04:40 AM
IMO, NASCAR has been more responsive to safety than other sports.

gu03alum
02-25-2013, 04:51 AM
IMO, NASCAR has been more responsive to safety than other sports.

You're probably right, though that bar isn't really that high.

bartruff1
02-25-2013, 06:04 AM
For the safety improvements to the cars and the tracks...the racing is actually pretty safe for the drivers and crews... especially relative to other types of racing.

But these two races present a inherent danger related to the very high speeds and the inability of the cars to compete without being in a pack.

A huge wreck (the Big One) is almost a certainty and someone is going to get killed....IMHO of course..

I used to be a big fan of stock car racing, when they raced stock cars that were pretty much the same as the cars you could buy. Not now.