• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

Vegas Bracketology

link

First things first: I don't envy the job of the committee establishing the entire field when they haven't watched nearly as much basketball as they should to warrant their position. I'd feel more comfortable if picking tournament worthy teams fell on the shoulders of college basketball journalists, bettors, and oddsmakers heavily invested in getting the process right.

#3 Overall Seed: Gonzaga Region

1) Gonzaga vs 16) Long Beach St (Big West Champion)
    2) Duke vs 15) Florida Gulf Coast (Atlantic Sun Champion)
    3) Wisconsin vs 14) Bucknell (Patriot League Champion)
    4) Colorado St vs 13) Notre Dame/Denver (WAC Champion)
    5) Ohio St vs 12) St Louis
    6) Georgetown vs 11) Oregon
    7) San Diego St vs 10) Ole Miss
    8) Missouri vs 9) Memphis

If there weren't stipulations and the tournament was about picking the 68 best teams to compete for the national title, here's how the teams would look ranked 1-68 by some of the sharpest power numbers you'll find. There will always be discrepancies between bettors and oddsmakers as to the exact rank of teams. Instead focus on the general range where a team lands and that gives you a complete look of how we view the best teams in the country.

1 Florida
    2 Indiana
    3 Gonzaga
    4 Michigan
    5 Louisville
    6 Duke
    7 Syracuse
    8 Kansas
    9 Michigan State
    10 Miami

These guys reflect my personal view more than any sporting site I have seen to date. I still think Florida is the team to beat.
    I miss Mike Hart
  • Just_An_Old_Zag
    Kennel Club
    • Mar 2007

a nightmare that the NCAA would do to us...

Few v Monson first..er second round as they insist on calling it...

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Aug 2012

Florida...

Hi Mick,

Florida IMO needs Will Yeguete very badly.

I agree that Florida is one of our main competitors for a National Championship and with a glue guy like Yeguete logging his 21.9 minutes per game Florida is a different team.

How will he incorporate himself back into the flow? These are question marks we don't know the answer to yet. Indiana and Gonzaga assuming they hold their #1 seed status could have the most advantageous paths to Atlanta. Indiana of course going through Indy.

It is getting to be that time of year where every possession is crucial. I like our depth slightly right now over Florida. Michael Frazier is the wildcard for Florida off the bench hitting at 50% from downtown.

Florida is dangerous no doubt. It would be a war with Florida but we could take them out if we defend the 3 and learn from our Illinois game.

Thank you so much for the link! Have a great evening!

Vxo

Comment

Working...
      X