PDA

View Full Version : Sam Dower Tonight

Angelo Roncalli
02-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I didn't listen to the radio broadcast, so I don't know who was awarded the Subway Sub of the Game.

I would have given it to Sam Dower. An outstanding line. In 19 minutes he had 11 points and 3 boards. A perfect 5 for 5 from the FT line. 2 assists, a block and a steal. And only 1 TO. Solid night.

MickMick
02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I have been hard on Sam this year but only because I know he has it in him to be more consistent. I do believe his level of play has picked up the last couple of games.

Typically he comes through with scoring when he has a big night. This game was a complete game for Sam and it wasn't all about scoring. This is what we all would love to see from Sam every night out.

Great game Sam.

Ekrub
02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
When I predicted us to be a top 5 team at the end of last year (after the OSU game) I thought Sam was due for something special this year. Though my prediction wad correct, i got thr player wrong. I'm not ready to Annoint us top 5 status next year, but Sammy D will be a huge part of us remaining a top 25 team. Huge strides on D and as always, an impressive offensive skill set.

2wiceright
02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
I have been hard on Sam this year but only because I know he has it in him to be more consistent. I do believe his level of play has picked up the last couple of games.

Typically he comes through with scoring when he has a big night. This game was a complete game for Sam and it wasn't all about scoring. This is what we all would love to see from Sam every night out.

Great game Sam.

+1 :agreed:

rawkmandale
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Sam has turned things around since the New Year. He defends well now, and his hustle element has gone way up.

The guy has all the physical skills to dominate. I think he is gaining confidence, and may well be the key to a national championship. How ####ing awesome would that be?

thickman1
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I too have hammered on Sam and it is always regarding the defensive effort. He has really improved since Jan. 1 and the telling play was coming down the lane with the block near the rim in the 2nd half. He really elevated and got a little nasty. It was great to see.

Reborn
02-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Great game Sam.

ditto

Great game by Sam. In fact the last several games were. The team is really beginning to get where they need to be by March.

HillBillyZag
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
If one could combine Sam's basketball skills and Edi's athleticism?, one would have a hoops "Monster".

CDC84
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I particularly liked his rebounding and defensive effort last night.

webspinnre
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
He's really stepped up the last month or so. Future is looking bright for him next year, chance to be one of the top big men in the conference.

MDABE80
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Sam is emerging (well, re-emerging) as a major scoring threat. I agree his "interest and attention" have recently improved (ala CBS review of our team) so he does play better defense.. This should concern other teams going forward. Sam , if motivated, can do some very good work. If I was the opposition, I'd be worried about Sam putting up some big ppints if unguarded