Who else is as confident about this team as I am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKWildcatsFan
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jan 2012

Who else is as confident about this team as I am?

Who else thinks that Gonzaga is going to head into the tournament at 31-2, as a 1 seed, and take home the trophy?!?!

I think I might have to go back to the 06 team to think of a time where I was absolutely confident Gonzaga was going to win everytime they walked into a gym. 09 I was pretty sure they would win but a home loss to Portland State and a road loss to Utah shook that confidence.
  • rijman
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2009

I am confident the Zags can win out through the WCC tourney. I like their chances of making FF in the NCAA tourney, this is the season to do it with parity among the top ranked teams and the Zags fielding a very good team. This is the season to make a deep run.
    Last edited by rijman; 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• zagamatic
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2009

This years team has me believing a couple of things I haven't with teams of old.
      1. They seem to learn from mistakes quickly. Not just week to week, but in game as well.
      2. Depth. We really do have that luxury this year and it's getting better.
      3. Chemistry is outstanding no matter who is in with the possible exception of lob passes. But , to me at least, this says that there really isn't a showboating kind of guy although there certainly are some capable of showboat plays.
      4. This team does not hang it's head. It's just onto the next possession. Short memories win games in March and April.
      5. Team defense is improving every game as well as individual defense (see Barham).
      In short, the few complaints I've had with this years team are short lived, even the things regarding the coaching staff.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

I believed since Olynyk became a starter.
        We could even get better, and peak right into the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

Confident ???...No...I am not looking that far ahead...beat Santa Clara.. I am confident they should do that.....next week is a opportunity to try some stuff and practice some stuff and get better..because I think the team is getting better ....

Comment

• maynard g krebs
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

I think the team is very confident now, and that's the important thing. Today I felt totally relaxed when USF tied the score, and that's an unusual feeling when the score's tied on the road late in the game. This team has at least 4 guys that you can go to for a game winning shot, and they've shown the ability to make big plays down the stretch time and again.

On the flipside of that, it's mostly true for the other top 7-8 teams as well. So I'm about 89.2% confident of at least making the s16. Beyond that, it's matchups and who is playing well that day.

Comment

• Zag365
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

chip on the shoulder

I like that this team has adopted the attitude that they need to sweep the WCC and the WCC tournament to gain respect. Our most successful teams have had that "dammit, let's shown 'em we are better than they give us credit for" attitude.

Comment

• ZagsBaby
                Banned
                • Jan 2013

I like the team, but they aren't winning no NCAA championship

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

While it would be very unwise to bet your home and all your possessions that the Zags will win the national championship, neither would I ever summarily dismiss the possibility that they could win it all. As to national respect, it is still an iffy proposition. When the game day talking heads showed the graphic with the Zags as a bracket one seed, one of them quickly responded; "we'll see how long they (Zags) can hold it."

Comment

• roxdoc
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Zags have burned the talking heads before.... but this time they are for real!

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ZagsBaby View Post
                      Why not?
                      “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

As far as talking heads go, Andy Katz (admittedly the Zaggiest of the talking heads) said that Olynick was one of his favorites for Player of the Year - that is Amazing. This is a guy that couldn't crack the line-up his sophmore year.

Kelly is our most consistent player, but on any given night we have 4 more that can beat a team. The re-emergence of Gary has me really excited, just another weapon especially if he keeps attacking the rim - the dish to KO or Elias will open up even more.

Yes, they can go as far as they want. I still worry about every game and it will take some luck (same as any team) and a great draw but they are closing in on the number one seed and that creates a good draw.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• ZagsBaby
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                          Why not?
                          Because teams like Indiana, Duke, and Michigan are better.

Probably more. That's ok though.

Comment

• tempe85
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Mar 2012

Well that's a double negative, so what you're really saying is they will win.

Comment

• UKWildcatsFan
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Jan 2012

Because teams like Indiana, Duke, and Michigan are better.

Probably more. That's ok though.
                              How often does the best team in the tournament actually win it? 2012 Kentucky and 2007 Florida are the only overall #1 seeds to win it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X