• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maynard g krebs
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

59%

That's what GBJ is shooting from the 3 point line the last 5 games. 13/22.
    And he has 17 assists in that stretch, with at least 3 in every game.

Pangos has made 25 of 49 3's since January 10.

More important, they are running the offense efficiently and doing a great job of setting up the bigs imo. Both are capable of scoring a lot more, but they are sacrificing their individual games to make this team better.

The conventional wisdom is that Olynyk/Harris are the best, or one of the best, frontcourt pairs in the nation and that's why the Zags are doing so well. And many here, including some really knowledgeable posters, have said the backcourt is what will stop the Zags from making a deep run. I've been disagreeing with that consistently, and I hope tonight will put an end to that kind of talk.

Delly and Holt are one of the best guard pairs in the country; they are the reason SMC is good. SMC's front court is slightly above average mid major this year. And great move to double Delly off every pick, so the guards had some help on defense. But Holt and Delly both had great nights, and KP and GBJ matched them play for play and shot for shot.

Though the tourney's always a crapshoot, after this game I'm convinced this team has a shot at the final 4. The team's consensus big 3 isn't why. The reason is that in the post season, I expect to see the GBJ we saw against Ohio State. A guy many seem to have forgotten exists.

And Reborn- I am in awe of your score prediction.
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    That's what GBJ is shooting from the 3 point line the last 5 games. 13/22.
    And he has 17 assists in that stretch, with at least 3 in every game.

Pangos has made 25 of 49 3's since January 10.

More important, they are running the offense efficiently and doing a great job of setting up the bigs imo. Both are capable of scoring a lot more, but they are sacrificing their individual games to make this team better.

The conventional wisdom is that Olynyk/Harris are the best, or one of the best, frontcourt pairs in the nation and that's why the Zags are doing so well. And many here, including some really knowledgeable posters, have said the backcourt is what will stop the Zags from making a deep run. I've been disagreeing with that consistently, and I hope tonight will put an end to that kind of talk.

Delly and Holt are one of the best guard pairs in the country; they are the reason SMC is good. SMC's front court is slightly above average mid major this year. And great move to double Delly off every pick, so the guards had some help on defense. But Holt and Delly both had great nights, and KP and GBJ matched them play for play and shot for shot.

Though the tourney's always a crapshoot, after this game I'm convinced this team has a shot at the final 4. The team's consensus big 3 isn't why. The reason is that in the post season, I expect to see the GBJ we saw against Ohio State. A guy many seem to have forgotten exists.

And Reborn- I am in awe of your score prediction.
    Great post Maynard. Hahahaha Sometimes I get lucky. hahahahaah
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
      • Mar 2008

Spot on Maynard
      The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
        Administrator
        • Apr 2009

Pangos and Bell played really, really well. They held their own against one of the better back-courts they will face all year.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• The509sfinest
          Kennel Club Material
          • Jun 2009

Reborn is either from the future or a witch, kill him.

Comment

• cjm720
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

We go as far as Pangos takes us...not Bell, Harris, or KO...IMO of course.
            Go Zags!!!

Comment

• bballbeachbum
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
              not disagreeing, but we need them all. when GBj scores like this, Zags can beat anyone. you could see SMC was not out to stop him the second half, and he punished them for it without mercy...no let up. how about his explosions to the rim too! haven't seen him finishing like that this year much, beautiful to see

the balance of this team as good as I've seen from Gonzaga

Comment

• cjm720
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                not disagreeing, but we need them all. when GBj scores like this, Zags can beat anyone. you could see SMC was not out to stop him the second half, and he punished them for it without mercy...no let up. how about his explosions to the rim too! haven't seen him finishing like that this year much, beautiful to see

the balance of this team as good as I've seen from Gonzaga
                of course I agree...
                Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Bushman
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                  I think this is very true. The bigs need to get the ball from someone. I'd take my chances with Kevin on the line when the game is on the line. I also think Kevin is underappreciated for the most part. For the amount of time the ball is in his hands, for the quiet leadership he shows on the court, he is the most imporant player on the floor IMHO.
                  CANADA LOVES THE ZAGS!!!

Comment

• cscz28
                    Kennel Club
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bushman View Post
                    I think this is very true. The bigs need to get the ball from someone. I'd take my chances with Kevin on the line when the game is on the line. I also think Kevin is underappreciated for the most part. For the amount of time the ball is in his hands, for the quiet leadership he shows on the court, he is the most imporant player on the floor IMHO.
                    Zero turnovers in 37 min with constant pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X