PDA

View Full Version : Other games on 2-14-13

Reborn
02-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Arizona @ Colorado
Wisconsin @ Minnesota
San Diego @ Santa Clara

Two other ranked teams on the road tonight, and a third (San Diego) two teams fighting for 4th or 3rd place in the WCC.

#s 4 and 6 have already fallen this week. Will the #5 ranked team (Gonzaga) survive? #1, 2 and 3 have won. #3 Miami, won on the road in a tough game with Florida St. Can Gonzaga show the fans across America that they can do what #s 1,2,3 can do? It will certainly be a very difficult task. But they can do it.

Arizona's game @ Colorado is most interesting because Arizona was awarded a Victory when the truth was "They Lost." Colorado seeks redemption tonight.

Malastein
02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Go Buffs and Go Zags!

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Clemson beats G. Tech on the road.

Davidson wins big on the road.

rawkmandale
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Clemson 56
@ Georgia Tech 53

Davidson 73
@ Charleston 55
with 2:28 left

rawkmandale
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Clemson beats G. Tech on the road.

Davidson wins big on the road.

Wow - quick trigger finger....

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Shorthand version, rawk.

;)

caduceus
02-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Wow, Cal drubbing UCLA early, 35-13, halfway into 1st half.
Weber is up 8 over Montana early (Griz are on a long win streak).
Three WCC games start in 20 mins.

Reborn
02-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Wisconsin loses in OT by 4 or 5

nonzagzag
02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow, Cal drubbing UCLA early, 35-13, halfway into 1st half.
Weber is up 8 over Montana early (Griz are on a long win streak).
Three WCC games start in 20 mins.

Bill Walton just joked he is going to get on a bus after the cal game and come to Moraga

KStyles
02-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Wisconsin loses in OT by 4 or 5

ESPN showed a stat that Wisconsin had won their last 50 games when leading or tied with 5 minutes left. They were up 49-45 with 5 minutes left, so I guess that is back to zero. I wonder if that was the longest such streak or if there is a longer one?

DixieZag
02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Bill Walton just joked he is going to get on a bus after the cal game and come to Moraga

Would anyone be shocked if during the game tonight the camera panned through the crowd and we see the Big Red himself.

He was before my time, but from anyone that saw him play, IN COLLEGE (as opposed to pros) they say he had as much skill, size, strength to put him in the discussion of all-time college seniors - - Never saw Russel, Chamberlain, did see Ralph Sampson, Patrick Ewing . . . to be in that conversation is amazing.

jazzdelmar
02-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Would anyone be shocked if during the game tonight the camera panned through the crowd and we see the Big Red himself.

He was before my time, but from anyone that saw him play, IN COLLEGE (as opposed to pros) they say he had as much skill, size, strength to put him in the discussion of all-time college seniors - - Never saw Russel, Chamberlain, did see Ralph Sampson, Patrick Ewing . . . to be in that conversation is amazing.

Best college player ever. Not close.

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Cal is simply outworking ucla.

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 06:25 PM
USD hasn't shown up yet.

U Zig, I Zag
02-14-2013, 06:30 PM
We are looking at 8:11 or whatever it is. Louisville and SJU are at fisticuffs (not really), T's called, game stalled....

NEC26
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I don't think I have ever seen both teams shoot free throws on a double technical before. Kinda weird

DixieZag
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
We are looking at 8:11 or whatever it is. Louisville and SJU are at fisticuffs (not really), T's called, game stalled....

I can't watch that game b/c I promised my daughter the TV until 8:00 and she chose "Princess Sofia" - - so, I didn't see the scrum. I am not surprised that Louisville is involved in one, I am very surprised that SJU is especially b/c of the aftermath of Coach's father dying. Did Louisville clearly instigate it?

Sounds more like a Louisville - Syracuse thing, or a Louisville - Cincinatti type of thing. I guess if the "Ville" is on the floor, anything can happen.

MickMick
02-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Danny Manning carried a bad team on his back to the title.

Zag4Hire
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Haha on the undercard tonight--Road to the NIT UCLA v Cal

jazzdelmar
02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Danny Manning carried a bad team on his back to the title.

True and so did Melo. But Bill played his whole career at that level and was even near perfect in the NCAAs

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/moment010326walton.html

U Zig, I Zag
02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I can't watch that game b/c I promised my daughter the TV until 8:00 and she chose "Princess Sofia" - - so, I didn't see the scrum. I am not surprised that Louisville is involved in one, I am very surprised that SJU is especially b/c of the aftermath of Coach's father dying. Did Louisville clearly instigate it?

Sounds more like a Louisville - Syracuse thing, or a Louisville - Cincinatti type of thing. I guess if the "Ville" is on the floor, anything can happen.

It was sort of minor - two T's and some shots. BUT, after watching this game I give more credence to GU's shooting abilities. Lous. is shooting OK, but SJU is awful, awful, awful. % may normalize by end of game - but the selection and 'how close is the shot to actually going in' isn't that great.

Some teams have different types of kids on them, that's all I can think of as far as the scrums and extracurricular play comes into it. West coast teams generally seem to be more about finesse. We play tougher than most, hurts us at times - E or someone will get in trouble quick with fouls in this game.

Reborn
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
San Diego had fought their way back into the game and only trail by one with 2 min to go in half. Portland is ahead of @USF at halftime. Mmm Can they hold the lead? Arizona is losing by seven with a minute and a half until halftime.

jazzdelmar
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
San Diego had fought their way back into the game and only trail by one with 2 min to go in half. Portland is ahead of @USF at halftime. Mmm Can they hold the lead? Arizona is losing by seven with a minute and a half until halftime.

Zona should have about six losses. Total fraud. Miami is next to be revealed.

DixieZag
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I will bet that AZ comes out hard in the second pulls even or even takes a small lead. Only to have Colorado ignite themselves again and win going away. NO WAY does Colorado lose this game, even if an official has to trip an AZ player on the way to a lay-up.

I wonder how CU's coach ever stops thinking about his "win" against a top 5 team that is somehow in the books as an "L".

bballbeachbum
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Go Bears! GrrrrRRRR!

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Portland beats usf.

maynard g krebs
02-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Zona is now maybe the 4th best team in the pac, behind Oregon (w/Artis of course), Colorado, Cal. Real record 7-5 in the pac. Talent but not a team.

How bout the way Cal is coming on? Crushed UCLA.

ZagLawGrad
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Portland beats usf.

Crazy

USF must have got caught peaking ahead a couple of days

a13coach
02-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Portland beats usf.

The Don'ts are saving it up for Saturday. They do not have it in them to play two games in a row with a high level of enthusiasm.

jazzdelmar
02-14-2013, 09:30 PM
seannie miller not long for tucson; not long for world unless he loses some weight.....

Bocco
02-14-2013, 09:42 PM
The Don'ts are saving it up for Saturday. They do not have it in them to play two games in a row with a high level of enthusiasm.

suspect you're right. We'll need to come out and play focused and with intensity

Robzagnut
02-14-2013, 10:22 PM

Yup, still my favorite player ever. Loved watching him rebound, pass and play defense. Whenever we played hoops I called that I was Walton.

That Trailblazer team with Twardzik, Hollins, Gross and Lucas was special. Probably would have set the record for most wins if Walton didn't get hurt.