• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulldoginpdx
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2008

Bar suggestions for St Marys.

I'm wondering if anyone in the Portland/Vancouver has suggestions for watching the st marys game Thursday at a sports bar. I have been to a few but never found a decent one. I only care that they have hd tv's and actually broadcast in hd not sd also that they will have audio. Bonus for decent micro brews and prices. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated I don't want to watch it online on my mere 17 inch laptop. Cheers.
    I walked over 20 miles to watch the Zags
  • GUDan07
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2009

There is usually a game watch at the Broadway Grill in PDX for big games. I would assume that this would be one such game, but you can check the GU website to confirm.

Comment

• tucsonzag
      Bulldog Fan
      • Aug 2010

Off topic but just needed to vent.

My brother tells me that my favorite bar in Spokane, The Viking, has been closed for months.

And they're gonna close our IMAX cause of AMC's lieMAX. Booooooo. My hometown just lost some big points. Thank god for karaoke at The Star and that trash-eating goat. Oh and the Zags too.

Comment

• 75Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

I have not seen any sort of Portland alumni chapter "game watch" announcements in quite a while. They either stopped doing them or they took me off their email list. Here is the Portland Chapter web page if you want to ask somebody there:

There are usually a few diehard GU fans at A&L Pub on NE Glisan but I have not been there yet this year. Same with "Big Al's" in East Vancouver.

Seems like the older I get and the more they keep increasing DUI emphasis patrols and penalties, the happier I am to stay at home and watch the games.

Go Bulldogs!
        Do not go gentle into that good night,
        Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
        Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• 3zagda
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Nov 2009

We live outside Portland, but On the Deck Sports Bar on 14th and Kearney(I think)is a good place to watch games(sports) we have found. have not watched a Zag game there, but its a great sports atmosphere with lots of TVs.

Comment

• GrizZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

Big Al's

Big Al's in Vancouver is the ONLY place to be. Huge screen and lots of Zag fans there wearing their garb. Request the center screen to the bartender and get there early enough to get a center type seat. The screen is about 30 feet across I am guessing. Hopefully there is no other game that would trump the Zags game for center screen, but if there is, the two other large screens right and left of the huge one are great too. If you wish, they have booths that have small HD screens (42") on the upper deck and you can get any game you want. The food is terrific there and service is awesome. We just moved back to Spokane from Vancouver and I loved that place. Especially when there was a Zag -WSU game. It was mostly WSU fans but plenty of Zags too. WSU has a good sized campus in Vancouver if you didn't know.
            As I understand it a 2nd Big Al's was built in I think Beaverton or close to there but I did not see it before leaving...
            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

I think that St Mary's has set the bar low! Just be forwarned!
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
              X