PDA

View Full Version : The K.O. Hair, Headband, Grooming, Etc., Thread

cjm720
02-08-2013, 08:16 AM
He plays with his locks every time down court and between plays. It is a distraction and I think he could perform/concentrate at a higher level if he didn't constantly play with that medieval looking band.

No tongue and cheek in this post...I'm all for charity, but am I alone to think that it's a distraction?

Ziggy
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes !

jazzdelmar
02-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Looks affectatious

Once and Future Zag
02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
And get off my lawn!

sittingon50
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
and he wears his shorts too low

and his socks too high

and he doesn't double knot his laces

Are you effing kidding me?

Edited to add: I heard (from a reliable source) that he's a foreigner!!

gu03alum
02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
He plays with his locks every time down court and between plays. It is a distraction and I think he could perform/concentrate at a higher level if he didn't constantly play with that medieval looking band.

No tongue and cheek in this post...I'm all for charity, but am I alone to think that it's a distraction?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg9y9lipTk1qd1g7zo1_500.gif

77Zag
02-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Really?---Looks fine to me and can't see it impacting his play...Would you prefer a pony tail or an up do like Noah use to use?

Go Zags - Beat LMU!

hooter73
02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
And get off my lawn!

:roll:

BroncoZAG615
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM

In all seriousness, I love these threads. It means that we are playing very well and the well of stuff to complain about is running darn near dry.

Oregonzagnut
02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I tend to agree with you cjm720, but since I tend to overanalyze myself, it probably just distracts me more than him. I can assume Kelly is doing it unconsciously it isn't really distracting him. And I have never noticed his hair even falling out. He just does it anyway. When Kelly starts to do it while he is attempting a slam dunk, then I will be worried.

It may be a calming effect as was proven by Jeff Hornacek. He rubbed, (stroked) the right side of his face EVERY free throw for the last 6-7 years of his career. It helped his focus. He shot 87% 13th best career NBA FT Ave. During the time he started stroking his face he boosted it to 89%. His final year he shot 171/180 FTs for 95%.

IMO, whatever you are doing Kelly, don't stop.

229SintoZag

I'm with you.

I mean, there are 347 Division I teams playing hoop. Each has 13 guys on its roster. That's 4511 players.

The fact that Kelly has only manged to be more offensively efficient than 4510 of those 4511 is clearly because he's distracted with his Jesus hair.

Oregonzagnut
In all seriousness, I love these threads. It means that we are playing very well and the well of stuff to complain about is running darn near dry.

Rebounding. Pepperdine still out-rebounded us.

sittingon50
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Boom goes the dynamite.

cjm720
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I tend to agree with you cjm720, but since I tend to overanalyze myself, it probably just distracts me more than him. I can assume Kelly is doing it unconsciously it isn't really distracting him. And I have never noticed his hair even falling out. He just does it anyway. When Kelly starts to do it while he is attempting a slam dunk, then I will be worried.

It may be a calming effect as was proven by Jeff Hornacek. He rubbed, (stroked) the right side of his face EVERY free throw for the last 6-7 years of his career. It helped his focus. He shot 87% 13th best career NBA FT Ave. During the time he started stroking his face he boosted it to 89%. His final year he shot 171/180 FTs for 95%.

IMO, whatever you are doing Kelly, don't stop.

Hornacek did that as a way to say hello to his kids on TV...pretty cool.

webspinnre
02-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm with you.

I mean, there are 347 Division I teams playing hoop. Each has 13 guys on its roster. That's 4511 players.

The fact that Kelly has only manged to be more offensively efficient than 4510 of those 4511 is clearly because he's distracted with his Jesus hair.

:lmao:

that is all.

cjm720
02-08-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm with you.

I haven't said he's not kicking ass. I'm just suggesting that it's causing a slight disadvantage.

Bronco's post and OZN post are probably the most accurate.

BTB
02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm going to grow out my hair until it looks like Kelly's

Bocco
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
if Kelly keeps playing like he has been this year, he can grow his hair past his waist for all I care... and for those that are really bothered by it perhaps you can just listen to the the games on the radio

229SintoZag
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I haven't said he's not kicking ass. I'm just suggesting that it's causing a slight disadvantage.

Bronco's post and OZN post are probably the most accurate.

Well, since only one guy in 4511 has an actual and fairly thin demonstrable advantage over him in an objective sense at this point, it is slight indeed.

gu03alum
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm going to grow out my hair until it looks like Kelly's

I haven't cut my hair since October, though I am pretty tempted to get it trimmed this weekend. Playoff hair is a lot harder than playoff beard imo.

Zag Man
02-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Can't agree more with this quote! Kelly is playing lights out basketball! He is sharing the basketball so very well with his teammates and plays within the framework of the offense! I could not be more impressed with his play and how well he has handled all this new found recognition by the media.

BTW, I actually like his hair......it seems to give him his on unique identity!

gu03alum
02-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Can't agree more with this quote! Kelly is playing lights out basketball! He is sharing the basketball so very well with his teammates and plays within the framework of the offense! I could not be more impressed with his play and how well he has handled all this new found recognition by the media.

BTW, I actually like his hair......it seems to give him his on unique identity!

I agree with the unique identity. I have a friend who writes for a celtics blog and he keeps asking me about the hair guy on Gonzaga. He said they are projected to take him in the draft.

soccerdud
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
sometimes i have a goatee. when i'm at work and i have a goatee, i tend to stroke it absently. this does not affect my work. but it does make me look hip and cool.

therefore, you should all grow goatees.

zag69
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I would love to be able to grow my hair long as an homage to Kelly.

gamagin
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Pit of despair site I proposed yesterday.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=866710#post866710http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=866710#post866710

cjm720
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Well, since only one guy in 4511 has an actual and fairly thin demonstrable advantage over him in an objective sense at this point, it is slight indeed.

I'm comparing Kelly to Kelly not anyone else.

DixieZag
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Even if it were slightly distracting to Kelly (its not) that distraction would be nowhere near the advantage the hair brings by being a recognized national identity and thus is intimidating (associated with AA type talent) and a bad ass look - also intimidating.

I also never associated it with a "Jesus" look, actually associated it more with comfortable cool of many musicians/urban chic that have straight, long hair pulled back.

sittingon50
02-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't believe tacos have even been mentioned yet. Isn't that a requirement?

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Kelly just needs a better headband, like yours truly.

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/will-ferrell.jpg

johno
02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Maybe KO is preparing for a modeling career.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/981178/thumbs/o-MODEL-NIP-SLIP-570.jpg?15

vandalzag
02-08-2013, 01:22 PM
This would really be distracting

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/man_back_hair_1.jpg

zaguarxj
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
My wife thinks he looks like a much taller version of me when I was that age. That means he's really good-looking, right?

maynard g krebs
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
What if the opposite is true; i.e. growing his hair long makes him a better player? Just as valid a supposition, and one that has more evidence on its side.
What if he cut his hair and lost his newfound strength and skill like Samson?

Nonsensical thread.

Burritos are better than tacos. The Laughing Planet Cafe in Eugene has the best burritos I have ever eaten. I hope to visit there next summer for the Oregon Country Fair and have a couple of them.

teacher56
02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
:[QUOTE=cjm720;867382]He plays with his locks every time down court and between plays. It is a distraction and I think he could perform/concentrate at a higher level if he didn't constantly play with that medieval looking band.

Cut the hair off Samson?
There is no way that is a good thing.
Kelly...your hair is totally awesome!
Please don't even think about cutting it off!
Go Zags

ZagNut08
02-08-2013, 01:47 PM
To defend the OP, I have noticed on several occasions kelly is tucking his hair back while getting back on defense and seems to lose his man and gets beat for a layup, but I like the locks, so I'll deal.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Burritos are better than tacos.

Truer words have never been spoken.

cjm720
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I knew I shouldn't have started this thread. Lol

gamagin
02-08-2013, 02:21 PM
licks his fingertips before shooting a f.t. ? And many times before throwing or receiving an inbounds pass ? Or just before tipoff ? Or just about anytime there's a break in the action ?

What's with that ?

I wonder if he realizes how many germs he's eating or spreading there ? And how that might be spread to his hair, teammates and possibly affect his game, too ?

UberZagFan
02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
He said Jesus hair.

We all know that Kelly keeps his hair long because he just wants to be fair. If he cut it then he wouldn't have that slight disadvantage and then he would be head and shoulders the best player in the country. Kudos to Kelly for keeping the playing field somewhat level.

p.s. No way are burritos better than tacos.

Bulldog
02-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I think a pony tail would be cool and a major temptation to grab for the opposing team, resulting in two points for Kelley.

maynard g krebs
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
p.s. No way are burritos better than tacos.

Food fight!

Once and Future Zag
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Burritos (http://freebirds.com) are TOTALLY better than tacos.

Though he should do the Mad Martigan thing, get some warbraids a goin' (but he can leave his top on)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SaljnTObvJ8/TiXoZG6q5uI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/9xMQDYr75gQ/s320/willow%2B2.jpg

sittingon50
02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
He should get a baseball cup. By subconsciously adjusting that all the time he would keep his hands away from his hair.

Oh...wait.

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
showing my age... and my hair length...

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Ekrub
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
My only issue with his hair is the style. Put it up like Beckham used to.

zagapotomus
02-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Imagine if he had short hair...all american is a lock. First round? No no no, more like top 5 in the draft. You think triple double is out of his reach?! Shave his damn head!

Oregon Zag
02-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Streak it!

Rangerzag
02-08-2013, 05:22 PM
You guys remind me of this song, though not a great rendition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEMuzgfv3wA

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
remember what happened to sampson when he cut his hair...

Mantua
02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Behavioral scientists link playing with hair and flirting, but I like to imagine that Kelly is subconsciously signaling the opponents to get out of his hair.

ZagsBaby
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Gonzaga will not make the final four because Kelly has long hair and it distracts him. Season over, trade everybody. Oh wait, this is college. nvm. but still season over.

RenoZag
02-08-2013, 05:46 PM
My Old Man hated my long hair when I was in high school and he regularly told me to "get a haircut." It was said with same tone he would use if I hadn't done a good enough job on a chore he assigned. . .if he whipped his wallet out with the cash to do it, I didn't dare disagree. My senior yr. of HS I decided to push the limits of Pop's tolerance, and the day I graduated from HS can be seen below.

Dad had atypical male pattern baldness:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/p206x206/7332_102076229810044_6494829_n.jpg

and my hair was fairly long by his standards:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/7332_102066536477680_3938351_n.jpg

We had a few serious " back & forth's" over the topic. . .I think he was afraid his friends would think I was some kind of "hippie."

So what became of all that hair?

I ended up in the Army via GU ROTC and kept my hair short from the time I joined the Bulldog Battalion until now, with a brief break for a mullet sometime back in the 90's (thank God there are no photos ). My hairline's recession marches on, though at 55 years of age ( the age of my Dad in the picture above) I still have a small patch on the top hanging on in desperation. . .

Reading this thread brought these memories out tonight. Thought I would share. . .

Mr. Olynyk will cut his hair when it suits him.

That's the way it should be.

zaguarxj
02-09-2013, 11:52 AM
When I was a lad, my dad sent me to the barber to get my long hair cut. When I got back home, he asked me "Which hair did they cut?!"

Real taco-truck style tacos are superior to burritos. It's not even close. Lengua is best.

rennis
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM

you are just jealous he has hair.

gonwick
02-11-2013, 05:17 PM
If Kelly wore his hair Cousin It style, we would all agree that it is a problem. Ipso facto, we have established that the manner in which he wears it is a legitimate topic of discussion. So, get a better headband. Once last game, he passed to Gary and then immediately fiddled with his hair while standing 5 feet from Gary. If Gary passed back, it would have hit him in the chest. I don't care if it is long, but it should be functional.

GZag
02-11-2013, 06:07 PM
My Old Man hated my long hair when I was in high school and he regularly told me to "get a haircut." It was said with same tone he would use if I hadn't done a good enough job on a chore he assigned. . .if he whipped his wallet out with the cash to do it, I didn't dare disagree. My senior yr. of HS I decided to push the limits of Pop's tolerance, and the day I graduated from HS can be seen below.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/p206x206/7332_102076229810044_6494829_n.jpg

We had a few serious " back & forth's" over the topic. . .I think he was afraid his friends would think I was some kind of "hippie."

So what became of all that hair?

I ended up in the Army via GU ROTC and kept my hair short from the time I joined the Bulldog Battalion until now, with a brief break for a mullet sometime back in the 90's (thank God there are no photos ). My hairline's recession marches on, though at 55 years of age ( the age of my Dad in the picture above) I still have a small patch on the top hanging on in desperation. . .

Reading this thread brought these memories out tonight. Thought I would share. . .

I had similar circumstances! But, did not join the marines as he hoped.
Great story!

GZag
02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't want Kelly to cut his hair until at least the season is over. I did not have a hair cut until the USD game and it almost cost us.

Angelo Roncalli
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Gonzaga will not make the final four because Kelly has long hair and it distracts him. Season over, trade everybody. Oh wait, this is college. nvm. but still season over.

You forgot the other component(s): new Nike uniforms and/or red uniforms. Both, according to some on this board, have an impact on whether GU wins or loses games.

UberZagFan
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
You forgot the other component(s): new Nike uniforms and/or red uniforms. Both, according to some on this board, have an impact on whether GU wins or loses games.

Because that's true.

Zag fans blast uniform choice (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bVjOf3DLcgEJ:www.spokesmanreview.co m/zags/stories/%3FID%3D232233+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

:D

75Zag
02-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Anybody see the recent pictures of San Francisco pitcher Tim Lincecum? His magic hair is gone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/09/tim-lincecum-haircut-giants-photo_n_2655078.html

I assume KO is living up to the spirit of the only Broadway musical I ever liked. And KO, if you don't need the blonde on the right to complete your journey to enlightenment, please give her my number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLg5gA-9ck

The Moon is in the 7th House.

Peace Out.

Go Bulldogs!

Angelo Roncalli
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Because that's true.

Zag fans blast uniform choice (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bVjOf3DLcgEJ:www.spokesmanreview.co m/zags/stories/%3FID%3D232233+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

:D

Said guard Jeremy Pargo: "No uniform has ever been bad luck. The end."

DoMieD
02-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Maybe you are on to something

He just went and picked up the headband in the MIDDLE OF THE PLAY!!!!

C'mon you gotta wait to do that!

The509sfinest
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Haha cracked me up

The509sfinest
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Ok not funny the 2nd time:mad:

U Zig, I Zag
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
If he keeps it long, put it in a ####ING BUN and be done with it.

Otherwise, cut it the #### off. I am over it. Silly distraction on floor.

BSUBronco74
02-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Nice game tonight against St Mary's, 1 pt game at half time. Both teams playing well. Delly is lights out. Olynyk having a decent game so far, but sure could do better if he wasn't distracted by scrambling around looking for and picking his headband up off the floor on many possessions. C'mon Man. Time to tighten up on that. Get yaself a old school Slick Watts/Errol Knight headband instead of that beanie string bikini. It will eventually make the difference between a Zag win or loss, maybe even tonight. You hide and watch.

RenoZag
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Jennifer Nyland can give him some rubber bands. . .

Or we've found a use for all those obsolete Lance Armstrong wristbands

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Shave it off at halftime. Come out with a Mohawk.

ZagLawGrad
02-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Too much Vitalis or Brylcreme on the hair tonight.

Zaglaw
02-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Shave it off at halftime. Come out with a Mohawk.

Noooo! Don't you know the story of Samson?

Birddog
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
He needs to put it in a bun or ponytail it. The straight locks with headband don't cut it. OTOH he could get a Fro perm, those were popular back in the 70's.

Ekrub
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Been saying it for a while: David Beckham.

U Zig, I Zag
02-14-2013, 09:53 PM
He needs to put it in a bun or ponytail it. The straight locks with headband don't cut it. OTOH he could get a Fro perm, those were popular back in the 70's.

Period. Posted on another thread at halftime. Silly he is ####ing with it during a game.

sittingon50
02-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

Mantua
02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Time for corn rows.

tinfoilzag
02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Kelly needs to cut his hair.

Or put it in a ponytail, or braid it, hair clips, hair net, something. It's a distraction now and it impacted his play twice last night.

You aren't Samson, you'll be fine Kelly.

Oh and quit having Stockton inbound the ball, he's 5' 10"

That is all.

BroncoZAG615
02-15-2013, 10:49 AM

Or put it in a ponytail, or braid it, hair clips, hair net, something. It's a distraction now and it impacted his play twice last night.

That is all.

Sick thread, man. I never noticed KO's hair was long.

GU69
02-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Who is SFU?

Bocco
02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Who is SFU?

Simon Friaser University???

tinfoilzag
02-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Sick thread, man. I never noticed KO's hair was long.

Funny that because when his headband came off last night it was in his face and he actually couldn't take a pass because he was trying to get his headband on his wrist. It messed up his play again a bit later.

Did you watch the game? It's a problem a coach should address.

BroncoZAG615
02-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Funny that because when his headband came off last night it was in his face and he actually couldn't take a pass because he was trying to get his headband on his wrist. It messed up his play again a bit later.

Hmm. You know what, not even insane threads like this one can get me down after last night's win.

Carry on.

cjm720
02-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Agree, but be prepared to be lambasted...

Pargo the Destroyer
02-15-2013, 11:02 AM
As much as you would love to control what these kids do all I can say is in my humble opinion I have to think you have better things to worry about. I am sure your grass is a little longer than normal. maybe you should go cut it

Bocco

I remember that play, Delly was called for a blocking foul, and if I rmember correctly KO went 1-2 from the line. I'm sure he missed the first free throw because of a headband issue.....(insert sarcasm smilie here)

sittingon50
Yeah, his 17 & 7 proved to be a real distraction for SMC too.

zaguarxj
02-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Francis the goat is a distraction to the GU boards and should be banned. This is serious bidness.

First world problems.

TheZagPhish
02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Hippies.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1b2G0f3G0I3U0l0U060O/sanford-disappointment.gif

ZagsBaby
02-15-2013, 11:21 AM
But if we lose..?

Ziggy
02-15-2013, 11:33 AM

That is all.

Nope...:horse:

HenneZag
02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
KO and his hair is his new identity...he's playing lights out and is a class act.

I don't care if he braids it...perms it...dreads it or fros it.

Keep doing what your doing KO!

zagballer6
02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Season must be going well, when we have multiple threads about a player needing to get his hair cut.

Few should clearly fulfill his responsibilities and bench Kelly and his 18 & 7, until he cuts his hair.

tinfoilzag
02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow. I guess I'm just old fashioned. In my day, if hair, uniform, equipment impacted play; it was gone.

I will tell you that as a defender, I would knock that thing off of his head through "incidental contact" as much as possible.

ZAGGED OUT
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
You know we have a good thing going for us when the only thing fans can complain about is our All American's hair. I wonder if they told Ammo to cut his hair??

Lighten up tin foil, this isnt the 60's anymore, if a kid want's long hair so be it. Especially if said kid is leading our team to a 24-2 record he could have a pink afro and I'd still cheer for him.

ZAGGED OUT
02-15-2013, 11:46 AM
And would you, as a defender, REALLY want to try to knock it off KO and get him fired up? Seems like a bad move for anybody the way he's been playing.

IrishZagFan
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.projectbeauty.com/media/blog/samson-and-delilah.jpg

ZagsGoZags
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
The NBA and college hoops are full of guys with wierd, or long hair, etc. There should be no effort to control player's fashion appearance,
but it is reasonable to ask any aspect of a player's fashion not hinder movement, sight, or mobility of player. That's reasonable, whether it is the best or least skilled player. Any player.

Personally it is the first time I saw KO have any distraction from the game from losing his headband. It may be a one time thing, and there are other ways to keep his hair more secure

DADoZAG
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Hippies.

Yeah, long hairs, you just can’t trust them. MOMoZAG will confirm that.

Having just completed what KO is working toward, my advice is for him to finish what he started. It’s worth it.

There are plenty of braiding options that will maintain that “wild mane look”, get rid of the headband, and work real well.

I doubt if Kelly would have trouble finding someone to help him out. Perhaps the Olynyk Clinic gal?

(No offense to any SO)

Go ZAGS! BEAT San Fran!

IrishZagFan
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, long hairs, you just can’t trust them. MOMoZAG will confirm that.

Having just completed what KO is working toward, my advice is for him to finish what he started. It’s worth it.

There are plenty of braiding options that will maintain that “wild mane look”, get rid of the headband, and work real well.

I doubt if Kelly would have trouble finding someone to help him out. Perhaps the Olynyk Clinic gal?

(No offense to any SO)

Go ZAGS! BEAT San Fran!

This one?

http://www.collegehoopsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/cbssports_olynykclinic.jpg

JPtheBeasta
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM

From what he has said about not ever having his hair cut in America, someone would have to get him up to Canada. Maybe it's a metric system thing.

bartruff1
02-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I do not like it at all....but...if she does...well....I sure would leave it as is...

TheZagPhish
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
From what he has said about not ever having his hair cut in America, someone would have to get him up to Canada. Maybe it's a metric system thing.

Five millimeters off the top, eh.

Anyway, I thought it was all tuques up there.

titopoet
02-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Gee man, your father was right! Did you get a cut before birds start nesting. And get off my lawn. (kidding)

Hair today, NBA lotto tomorrow.

cjm720
02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Hair today, NBA lotto tomorrow.

Love it. Quote of the week.

Reno, seriously jealous of that do...I'd seriously consider cutting off a pinky for that mop....well, maybe if me and the Mrs. didn't meet!

aflac4life
02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I want to see him in a "Fro" and it would be nice if he would tip the ball at the apex with his fingers not on the way down with his elbow like the past 2 games but when you beat SMC by 17, I guess you can tip it anyway you like!

SDUQ
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I can't believe no one has brought up the GU commercial of several years ago where Ronny was the hair expert for a girl before some formal. It was hilarious - and her hair was definitely not in her face.

Section 116
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM
The Olynyk Clinic gal got some more air time last evening as I'm sure you all know. Gotta love that!!!!

Ekrub
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
So much untapped potential in that hair.

Reno, you had great hair by the way.

gamagin
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
So much untapped potential in that hair.

Reno, you had great hair by the way.

You looked like a young movie star.

What happened ?

zaguarxj
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
With a little hot-glue, we might be able to turn these into barrettes:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/010/0/7631008/il_570xN.417970882_kjg3.jpg

Corky
02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
This one?

http://www.collegehoopsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/cbssports_olynykclinic.jpg

We have an ID on her?

scott257
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
We have an ID on her?

I did notice when I watched the game again today that she has an autograph on her poster now. She is a nice looking young woman.

RenoZag
02-15-2013, 05:32 PM
What happened ?

Jesuits.

The basement of Roncalli on Saturday nights.

Brief encounters with True Love.

The usual. . .

And you ?

snebzag
02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
After the SMC game his hair is clearly a distraction.
On the other hand, Californizaggin is correct. He just needs a better head band.
I saw Slick Watts play alot. He had a great headband. His hair was never a distraction.
The equipment manager needs to get on this and get it fixed.
I'm glad the goatee comment went by without leading to Goats...

gamagin
02-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Jesuits.

The basement of Roncalli on Saturday nights.

Brief encounters with True Love.

The usual. . .

And you ?

I went short. It became time.

no particular reason. it is much more efficient & easier to maintain, so the time involved may have grown in appeal.

I prefer 1-2 inches of mane for starters now, even though I go for 2-4 months at times between cuts. I guess I'm still adjusting.

best,

RenoZag
02-15-2013, 06:51 PM
There's so little to bother with I just tell the gal at Great Clips " Take a # 3 to the whole thing."

bostonzagfan
02-16-2013, 07:01 AM
twice in the smc game kelly lost his head band and went out of his way to pick it up during the game. once on offense, once when he should have been getting back on defense.

and before someone says "get off my lawn", smc had numbers on the break. KO took a few seconds to get the headband off the floor before getting back on defense. a 7 footer being back a few seconds earlier could easily be the difference between a bucket and a stop.

Oregon Zag
02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Loved that Ronny commercial! Maybe Kelly just needs a perm.

ZagsGoZags
02-17-2013, 05:05 PM
#13 has not been an unlucky number for KO

maybe the girl with #13 on her cheek is 6'5" tall and there aren't that many guys taller than her

zaguarxj
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Replace the headband with a toque, eh?

sittingon50
02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
A green beret?

77Zag
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
A blue fedora with a red feather

IrishZagFan
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
We have an ID on her?

I did notice when I watched the game again today that she has an autograph on her poster now. She is a nice looking young woman.

I think Irish has ID'ed her. Found this on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDIG5S0CcAAKnmk.jpg:large

Goes by Courtny Hanson

More Twitter info here:

https://twitter.com/itscourtnybabe