PDA

View Full Version : Edi in the doghouse?

DixieZag
02-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know why GLE didn't play tonight?

Every single player played except GLE.

Every player besides the walk-ons played quality minutes in both halves.

I really hope that GLE is hurting or that he violated some technical team rule and was benched for one game. I saw him on the bench and he looked positive, clapping for others, but. . .

If he is simply in the doghouse, I have never - ever seen a player that esconced in Few's Chalet 'du Chien

hooter73
02-07-2013, 09:02 PM
sprained ankle

DixieZag
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
sprained ankle

Thank you. I actually do feel better for the kid. He HAS skills to offer (he started early this year) he is just in a real rut and I hope that he can find some way to contribute in the last part of his last year.

Zag@LMU
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
A whopping 3 seconds today in a 30 point blowout. Surely we need to keep him fresher than that, if for nothing his defense at least.

thespywhozaggedme
02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
A whopping 3 seconds today in a 30 point blowout. Surely we need to keep him fresher than that, if for nothing his defense at least.

He didn't play. He's nursing an injury, no?

Zag@LMU
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Yep jus saw the other thread

rawkmandale
02-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Edi played the last 3.4 seconds of the first half. Was along the paint when Pepp missed a free throw and Mike Hart got the OR and hurried shot attempt.

thespywhozaggedme
02-07-2013, 09:21 PM

I didn't see him play at all and he's not in the boxscore:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330382250

HOOTER
02-07-2013, 09:38 PM
His time at Gonzaga is fading fast. I hope to see a lot more of him very soon.

allnet59
02-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Edi played the last 3.4 seconds of the first half. Was along the paint when Pepp missed a free throw and Mike Hart got the OR and hurried shot attempt.

He was in the last 3.8 seconds of first half. Saw the same

hooter73
02-07-2013, 10:06 PM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkzMDk3Njg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTIzMzU3._V1_S Y317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Got Cartered

adoptedzag
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
sprained ankle

I don't buy it. Coach Lloyd was trying to get him into the game halfway through the second. And he looked like he said no based on coach's reaction. We shall see how this plays out in the next couple of games.

UberZagFan
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes that Few doghouse is hard to get out of.

ZagsGoZags
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
if he is injured, we don't know if he is in the doghouse or not

Reborn
02-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Don't know about the "dog house", but from my point of view Few is tuning up Barham and/or Dranginis for playing time. It was nice to see Barham starting. He has earned it, imo.

DixieZag
02-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Don't know about the "dog house", but from my point of view Few is tuning up Barham and/or Dranginis for playing time. It was nice to see Barham starting. He has earned it, imo.

This is certainly true, but the exact same could be said of GLE and he could have gotten minutes that didn't take away from the ones above.

So, now I am confused, is he not playing much because of his ankle (can't run on it so put him in on FT line for last seconds) or because he is essentially being punished - being the only scholarship player to not see at least a few minutes indicates punishment to me unless Few is protecting his ankle in which case, why did he see any time?

cjm720
02-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I don't buy it. Coach Lloyd was trying to get him into the game halfway through the second. And he looked like he said no based on coach's reaction. We shall see how this plays out in the next couple of games.

"He" as in GLE or Coach?

krozman
02-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Regardless of the "reason" Edi was given plenty of opportunity to excel. Not his fault other players have taken better advantage of the time on the court.

cjm720
02-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Like another poster pointed out a week or so ago...thankfully he is a good teammate. Would be tough...

jazzdelmar
02-08-2013, 07:36 AM
So whose minutes would you take to give to Edi?

adoptedzag
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
"He" as in GLE or Coach?

"He" being GLE. Coach Llyod's face looked half confused, half angry.

edit: I sit behind the bench, so I only can see the faces of the coaches not the players,

cggonzaga
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
So whose minutes would you take to give to Edi?

The way Hart, Barham and Dranginis played last night, nobody. I still feel bad for the senior though.

Loved what I saw from Dranginis last night! The name of his game is confidence. When he's playing with confidence he belongs out there with Pangos and Bell 25mpg. Much more complete player than Hart or Barham.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Zags have a lot of guys that can play the 3, so somebody has to be the odd man out. Right now, it's Edi. Early in the season, Drew and Kyle had that distinction. If people start slipping, then Edi will get his chance again.

But, like has been mentioned above, I always feel bad when a senior doesn't get consistent minutes.

cjm720
02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
"He" being GLE. Coach Llyod's face looked half confused, half angry.

Thanks.

hooter73
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
At this point, get the guys that still have a year or three left here some experience. I like him, I liked his game that he had at the start of the year, but it is what it is. He'll play in europe and have an exciting career still. He is a great team guy and can still help the team as we move into NCAA play.

BobZag
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Free Guy!

JPtheBeasta
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
The way Hart, Barham and Dranginis played last night, nobody. I still feel bad for the senior though.

Loved what I saw from Dranginis last night! The name of his game is confidence. When he's playing with confidence he belongs out there with Pangos and Bell 25mpg. Much more complete player than Hart or Barham.

+1. Big fan of Dranginis. He is able to get into the lane pretty easily and is a willing passer. Shoots well. Athletic and rangy enough to play good defense and rebound.

Edi will have his day again, if he deserves it. Who knows how things look in practice. Lately, in games, I hold my breath because he is careless with the ball. He was stripped a bunch of times against Illinois (I think I counted one million, but would have to rewatch to verify) and he almost lost the ball in the last game when he was just standing there with the ball and not paying attention. That said, sometimes it's less about what you aren't doing and more of what the other guys are doing to earn minutes- maybe Barham and Dranginis are just playing at a higher level right now.

Zag 77
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't want to be mean, but we don't have to worry about GLE. He is getting a great education for free. He will probably play somewhere and make some money for it (more than most college grads). Instead of beating this dead horse, let us be happy that Barham, Dranginis and Hart are playing well.

:horse:

DixieZag
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't want to be mean, but we don't have to worry about GLE. He is getting a great education for free. He will probably play somewhere and make some money for it (more than most college grads). Instead of beating this dead horse, let us be happy that Barham, Dranginis and Hart are playing well.

:horse:

It matters to me that in a game where every single scholly player got "good minutes" and GLE got 3 seconds at most, it just seems weird that a former starter and senior wouldn't get a chance to get his mojo back and sort of inexplicable unless it was injury, punishment for specific violation, or b/c he refused to play in the 2nd. If it is just "dog house" that is a more like a dog compound or dog annex or dog tower or . . .

ZagNative
02-08-2013, 01:54 PM
From Meehan (http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2013/feb/08/day-after-pepperdine/):
Edi, who sprained his ankle a few weeks ago but played in last week’s games, was in for the last couple seconds in the first half. He played two minutes against San Diego and 16 vs. Loyola Marymount.

Asked if Edi is healthy, Few said, “Yeah, yeah.”

Hoopaholic
02-08-2013, 03:24 PM
ooooooooo....my crystal ball is really cloudy on that comment.....ouch

it DOES matter because none of the other three slot players can provide athletic man to man guard capabilities and solid rebounding and that will be needed at some point in the big dance

ZagsGoZags
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I like to see Kyle D get lots of minutes

an investment in our future, and > the PT it seems > he relaxes and plays closer to his potential

we lose Edi and Hart next year

Hoopaholic
02-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I am more concerned about the present than the future...SMc first then the next and for SMc we can use defense and rebounding as holt lit us up last time and athletic length would do wonders to slow him down letting us focus on delly with our two guards

bartruff1
02-10-2013, 12:07 PM
There won't be any screwing around next week...the next opportunity for those who need to show their stuff will be on the 20th and the 23....I expect to see a lot of Hart next week.

gamagin
02-10-2013, 12:15 PM
There won't be any screwing around next week...the next opportunity for those who need to show their stuff will be on the 20th and the 23....I expect to see a lot of Hart next week.

practice is over. Edi got MORE than his share of time and attention.

MF might put him in for some muscle work, or give someone a blow, but otherwise, I don't think he has learned to play at D1 speed, physically or mentally. And there's the rub.

He's a specimen and a great kid and a popular Zag, as far as I know. But you gotta dance when the music's playing.

Bogozags
02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
From Meehan (http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2013/feb/08/day-after-pepperdine/):

ZN, good find; however, Edi only played four minutes in the first half, not 16 so maybe he still isn't healthy OR he IS in Few's Dog House!

I do believe he might be needed against SMC - BUT I remember when we played SMC a couple of years ago and MA didn't play either, so...?

HillBillyZag
02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
If GLE played as great he "looks", he'd be starting. Although some will not agree?, in this fan's opinion, he has'nt Hart's hustle?, KD's skill set?, or Drew's shot?