PDA

View Full Version : Drew Shiller

jaydee77
08-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Former USF guard Drew Shiller is on the Stanford basketball roster for this season. When he left USF he said he missed football. He was quoted on the Stanford site as saying basketball is his first love. He is eligible this year. Can't be good news for Jesse & Co. on the Hilltop

Angelo Roncalli
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
NorCalPreps recently had this assessment of Evans' reign at USF:

http://norcalpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=696958

MDABE80
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
POPE I read that a few days ago. REALLY looks bad down there. I doubt he'll last but one more year.

ZagNative
08-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow. That NorCalPreps story is painful to read. That's a tough way to make a living ...

devod
08-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow. That NorCalPreps story is painful to read. That's a tough way to make a living ...

Update: It looks like USF freshman Myron Strong isn't going to make it in either. That's 0-3 for recruits.

Based on limited information I would guess that USF administration gave Evan's an ultimatum to ensure that his current players made the grade last season academically if he wanted to recruit more borderline students. Based on the fact that admissions has denied acceptance to all three recuits this late in the game I would guess that what ever was required didn't happen. Summer grades were probably the make or break. USF is going to be hurting in the back court next season.

I believe USF is getting dangerously close to receiving NCAA penalties for low APR. While these moves are going to seriously impact their upcoming season its probably a smart move to get their house in order academically.

As we know, it's not just about who you recruit. It what's you can get them to achieve once they arrive. Evan's extremely hands-off nature seems to have blown up in his face, his days are certainly numbered.

El Voce
08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
That gurgling sound you hear is Evans circling the drain.