Zag for Life
    • Jun 2012

At least they got it inbounds at the end

Oh my giddy heart!

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2008

Great post, 'cause it was not the best effort by our Bulldogs.

But, I'll take the win!
      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2009

More fun than watching us win by 45. I think.

At this point, glad we pulled it out. I am hoping that this was our 'close' one on the road in WCC play. SMC and BYU are going to be awfully, awfully tough places to play.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

It was ugly.

But, maybe we just won our annual "bonehead loss" for the year which is good - normally our team takes a WCC road game "off" and loses one that they should not, hope this was close enough.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Virginia Zags Fan
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Nov 2009

I think the guys are tired. Physically and emotionally. They have had some big games and league play takes it out of you. This will be a wakeup. I hope. A lack of effort on both ends of the floor by a lot of folks.

USD played harder, but glad we got the win.

Comment

• GZag
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post

At this point, glad we pulled it out. I am hoping that this was our 'close' one on the road in WCC play. SMC and BYU are going to be awfully, awfully tough places to play.
              Yeah, but...

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

I have come to expect bad perimeter defense from the Zags, but allowing an undersized USD team to collect 13 offensive boards and outrebound you by 6 overall is just inexcusable. The Zags were just so lazy on the glass tonight. They didn't put a body on anyone.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  It was ugly.

But, maybe we just won our annual "bonehead loss" for the year which is good - normally our team takes a WCC road game "off" and loses one that they should not, hope this was close enough.

No doubt that SMC and BYU gonna be tough games to win on their turf
                  "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• krozman
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2008

We were horribly out rebounded omg.
                    Krozman
                    GU student 1996-2000
                    Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• jpn17
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post

Fortunately against good teams, Gonzaga has played up to the level of their competition on the road this season.

Tough game, definitely not one of Gonzaga's better efforts, but they got the road W and that's all that matters come tournament selection time. Time to look forward to the next one.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Glad we got that outta our system. Phew.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jpn17 View Post
                          Fortunately against good teams, Gonzaga has played up to the level of their competition on the road this season.

Tough game, definitely not one of Gonzaga's better efforts, but they got the road W and that's all that matters come tournament selection time. Time to look forward to the next one.
                          On this road trip, the average margin of victory was 23.5* points! Nothing to be ashamed about.

* sample size of 2 games.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2008

it's good to win when you don't play your best, old cliche', but it's true too

it's nice to win a close game on the road when the opponent played great and you did not

that dribble penetration thing put the pressure on everything, the D glass included

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                              I have come to expect bad perimeter defense from the Zags, but allowing an undersized USD team to collect 13 offensive boards and outrebound you by 6 overall is just inexcusable. The Zags were just so lazy on the glass tonight. They didn't put a body on anyone.
                              That was awful. If our guys had just blocked out and grabbed the ball with two hands on the boards, that game might have been a double digit win for our kids.
                              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Working...
                              X