PDA

View Full Version : fouls

allnet59
02-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Kelly O needs to quit picking up such poor fouls.

CDC84
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
He's been better in recent games, but he regressed tonight. The foul problems not only keep him on the pine too long, but they also keep him from establishing any sort of game rhythm.

Oregonzagnut
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm sure Grier and the refs discussed this prior to tip off. :clap:

rijman
02-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I like the foul call on Draino at around the 4:09 mark, Dee jumps into Draino and Draino gets called for the foul and the refs went to the monitor, the announcers thought maybe to see if Dee flagrantly fouled Draino with an elbow to the face, what? Maybe the refs were just checking to see if it was a shooting foul. Not thrilled with the calls tonight, I'm guessing Few wasn't either.

DixieZag
02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
I didn't see the calls being for or against either team, just lots of WEIRD fouls called.

KD hit that guys elbow with his head.

And, there was the typical WCC calls every time down the court, it just gets to be a ref's game and no flow whatsoever. It is the thing that drives me most crazy about this conference.

hondo
02-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I watched that foul call at 4:09 several times in slow motion. Horrible call.

zagamatic
02-03-2013, 06:51 AM
there were 2 calls which confused me a lot. 1, the play we're their a point guard supposedly bounced the ball off of Pangos out of bounds but in fact never touched Pangos while the USD players foot looked out of bounds to me. the other was when the USD player clearly jumped over the back of Olynyk and the ball went completely away from a Olynyk yet was out off of Kelly???????? say what you want, but to make calls that bad you have to do it on purpose.

jazzdelmar
02-03-2013, 07:23 AM
the tall ref who T-ed up few was loving being the center of attention.

He seemed to relish calling fouls vs the Zags (im very objective here)

the other 2 refs seemed embarrassed by that.

just an opinion from the stands.

rijman
02-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Another call that got Few very upset and yelling at the ref was a travel call against the Zags in the first half when a Zag, can't remember who, was driving to the basket and shooting and clearly got fouled, the ref called travelling. The ref must have called travelling prior to attempting the shot and Few must have thought the travel was a result of the foul which prevented the ball from being released. That call surprised me too.

Looking at the box score, I noticed this was the 2nd game in a row where no Zag had more than 2 PF's. So while I can find calls I'm not happy with the Zags have been whistled for only 26 fouls the past 2 games combined with no player getting called for more than 2 fouls in a game. That is surprising for WCC refs and a trend I hope continues.