• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs San Diego...predicitions/other thoughts

Gonzaga 78
    San Diego 61

I definitely wrote a very nice thread before going to work this morning, and did all the reseach. Don't know what happened, but I'm sorry it wasn't on the board this morning. I must not have hit enter. I know some of us fans are fanatical and need things done in a certain, regular way without changes. So I will post now. And we can relax and know all is ok in Zagland.

A much better game then last night's. And our guards continue to shoot quite well. San Diego puts up a very good fight, but like everyone else so far, there is no way to stop the Zags offensively. They're rolling now, just like a rolling stone. Geeze the game's tomorrow. How nice.

Go Zags!!!
    Last edited by Reborn; 02-01-2013, 07:17 PM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

The riddle of Gary Bell's shot seems to have been solved, by someone. I'm anxious to see if it's true. And how abouot Barham. There's no riddle yet, but his lines are beginning to rhyme. Jiggle Bell. Hey how about the jingle Bell rock tomorrow night?

I think it's time for Olynyk to start waking up again, and stop listening to the sounds of the scouts and analysts in his head. If he's not careful he's going to put himself to sleep. I expect over 20 points tomorrow night for Kelly.

Elias looked like he was sleep walking last night. He may have to wake up for the San Diego game. He could be the "sleeper" tomorrow night as he goes off for 25.

The thing about this team is that you don't know who will be the one who strikes, or hits you. But I have no doubt about tomorrow, SD will be waiting for the bell.
    Last edited by Reborn; 02-02-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• abarefootboy
      Kennel Club
      • Nov 2007

hows about

for whom the Bell tolls
      humanity is one family ... with one heart

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

hahaha Yeah hahahaha Good one

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

San Diego, which in German mean Whale's.... I digress... 157
          Bulldoggies... 40
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

It's game day! Geeze I'm up early. I can't sleep. I'd rather be here now pounding on my keyboard. Saturday games come so fast. I like that. It's hard waiting for those Thursday games. But it's also hard waiting until 8 pm before we get to hear the whistle to start the game.

It's always special to play San Diego because of Bill Greer. To see our former Zag coach there on the court always brings a warmth to my heart. Billy is never forgotten. No Zag is!. This might be a year that Greer wishes that he was still on the Gonzaga bench with his old friends Mark and Tommy. It'll be good to see the kids playing together, but out on the court it will be a war.

Billy will get the best from our Zags tonight. The closer you are to an opposing coach, the more you want to show him your best game. A game is like a work of art. You always save your best piece for your best friends. So I am anticipating that we'll see a beautiful game out of the Zags tonight. Elias will be leaping high, and slam dunking left and right. Kelly will be showcasing all his moves inside and out. He'll be playing with his headband at the foul line trying to stay cool. But inside that fire burns; he carries the torch for his school. The fans will be trying to inspire Johnny Dee, but honestly it's Kevin Pangos who's got the fire. Kevin's the mystra conducting the show. Will he pass it or shoot it? Nobody knows. He'll keep the Toreros guessing. As I said earlier, Gary will be ready when the Bell rings. I think he found his swagger. Mike Hart is the heart that keeps the beat for the team. You'll see him on the floor, and definitely around the rim pulling down one more rebound for his team. He's saved a shot for Billy Boy, just for old times sake. If all this weren't enough, there is still more to come. There's David Stockton, coming off the bench, to slice up the defense with the precision of a surgeon. And I'm sure we'll see him hoist up one of his missles from long range. And it too will slice the net into joyful pieces. And let's not forget our ninja shooters, Sam Dower and the reborn Drew Barham. Who is this Mr Drew guy who came all the way from Memphis? Where has he been? He seems to have finally found the path that now leads him toward Zaga folk lore3. He's got the prettiest shot I've seen since Adam's, and he's finally found the range.

It's all a thing of beauty for me. And I can hardly wait for the toss up, watching the Zag hands on their knees ready to jump. They'll be jumpin and jivin, zippin and zaggin going inside and then out. They'll be moving the ball as if they were still playing with the happy joy stick, and shooting the ball with the touch of a piano player. And when it's all over we'll see 'em smilling, hi fivin, jumpin and jivin. They'll shake hands with Mr. Greer, and hug a few players. They'll give their fans an applause. They'll smile one more time for the camera, and salute their fans all over the world. And they'll slowly walk off the floor. They'll remember Billy one more brief moment, as they head toward the door. They'll hit the shower, and give one more battle cry, and then head out to prepare for the next battle.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

love to see barms and bell stay hot. everything else is a give-in or gravy.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

Up making breakfast, collecting my mother, father brother and wife for the trip down to San Diego with great anticipation of another showcase by our beloved zags....every game I wonder who the opposing team will try and shut down only to see which zag will rise up and lead us.....our tam is so well balanced and can bring it so many different ways......
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                  Up making breakfast, collecting my mother, father brother and wife for the trip down to San Diego with great anticipation of another showcase by our beloved zags....every game I wonder who the opposing team will try and shut down only to see which zag will rise up and lead us.....our tam is so well balanced and can bring it so many different ways......
                  I'm glad to see that you'll be there, Hoopaholic. Look forward to a nice report from you after the game. I really love to hear about what those of you who were at the game have to say about it. Have fun.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

It was a nail-biter for sure. Most of us were way off on this one. But it's always fun to play USD and Bill Greer. Most always a really good game. Best game by Gary Bell in quite awhile I think. Way to go Gary. I felt Elias played great as well. He's been very steady in conference play, and really looks like he's going to make sure that the Zags get that Conference Championship back. Great block to end the game.

Congratulations to USD and Bill G. They played hard, played to win, and almost pulled off the upset.

Comment

• IrishZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                      Gonzaga 78
                      San Diego 61

I definitely wrote a very nice thread before going to work this morning, and did all the reseach. Don't know what happened, but I'm sorry it wasn't on the board this morning. I must not have hit enter. I know some of us fans are fanatical and need things done in a certain, regular way without changes. So I will post now. And we can relax and know all is ok in Zagland.

A much better game then last night's. And our guards continue to shoot quite well. San Diego puts up a very good fight, but like everyone else so far, there is no way to stop the Zags offensively. They're rolling now, just like a rolling stone. Geeze the game's tomorrow. How nice.

Go Zags!!!
                      Sorry Reborn, I didn't get a chance to send you a message referring to a post I started in your honor before I headed out for the weekend. Next time!
                      Angelo had the closest guess to the Zags score with a 62 prediction, even though his San Diego score was way off.

See you this week......
                      IZF
                      Keep out of the Foo, unless you know what you are fooing.......

Comment

• foo
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Nov 2012

Irish, come back to the foo. It's warm there and I just made hot chocolate.
                        Sincerely,

the foo

Comment

• IrishZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by foo View Post
                          On my way, just checking in......
                          IZF
                          Keep out of the Foo, unless you know what you are fooing.......

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by foo View Post
                            Are there mini marshmallows?
                            What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• foo
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
                              Are there mini marshmallows?
                              Yes

Sincerely,

the foo

Comment

Working...
                              X