PDA

View Full Version : 1 Tech Foul and 1 Flagrant Foul

Zag 77
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I recall BYU getting one of each during the game, but fronm where I was sitting I could not really tell what they were for. Did the TV guys have any info?

Angelo Roncalli
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
The tech was on Sharp.

Zag 77
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I thought that was against the Mormon code. Maybe he said "darn" or "shoot" or something strong like that.

GoGU
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I thought that was against the Mormon code. Maybe he said "darn" or "shoot" or something strong like that.

A ref called him for a foul, and he expressed his frustration by directing a loud shout and an angry gesture toward the referee in question. Directing anything at a specific player or referee is a no-no. Same rule applies to taunting after a dunk or big time basket.

bartruff1
01-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I suspect the ref had to call the technical because of what he said... the flagrant was a good call as he did not make a play on the ball but just grabbed Harris...they replayed it several times ...obvious to anyone watching outside of Utah.

Angelo Roncalli
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM

Remember, Jim McMahon played at BYU...

How LaVell Edwards ever kept him eligible to play, considering the school's honor code, has to be a greater miracle than some seagulls having a cricket smorgasbord.

sittingon50
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
The flagrant to start off the 2nd was for the player not making a play on the ball; he wrapped his arms around the Zag with the ball.