• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birddog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Beat Down

I don't know about the rest of you but I could really go for a thorough beat down of BYU. It's getting a little punchy around here.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Bird

I fully expect it....of course, I also thought they would beat Butler and Illinois and be around 17-2 with the two losses on the road early in the season...so what do I know...well....I know not to bet the farm...

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

What better way to celebrate National Gonzaga Day?

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Zag79
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Totally agree! I'll be in my seat like always, helping add to the overwhelming electricity the Kennel offers the visiting team. Beat BYU!!

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Time to leave the Butler fiasco behind. Enough of the analysis. We DO have another game. BYU. We cannot continue to wallow in the crap of a stupid loss.

Beat BYU now is far more important than a loss we can't reverse. It's in the books. 5 days of anger, disappointment and reliving some game won't help the future.

Onward.......please??

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

I would love a beat down and I think that the team is ready.

I just think that BYU is also still smarting from the SMC thing and knows how important this game is to its tourney hopes. As opposed to last year - they know what to expect and will be a lot tougher.

I expect a win but not enough to be a "beat down" - but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• jim77
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

I'll settle for a win of any margin.

Comment

• hooter73
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2008

BYU is no joke and I'm not confident that GU (yet again) has that killer instinct as a team. No beat down, if a win at all.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

nuhuhhh. nope. Not going to happen.

Originally posted by jim77 View Post
                  I'll settle for a win of any margin.
                  it is time to send a message. Clear. Concise. To ourselves.

In additiion, I would suggest this sign be placed, inside the visitors locker room, above the door everyone must exit to get to the hardwood and the game against us.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Zag79 View Post
                    Totally agree! I'll be in my seat like always, helping add to the overwhelming electricity the Kennel offers the visiting team. Beat BYU!!
                    "Clear!!!!" Zap......Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ep.

There is no saving BYU on Thursday.
                    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Not me...I want them humiliated...crying....whimpering....wetting themselves.. I want them destroyed as a prelude to the game in Provo and a possible game in Vegas...I want them to know " Who's your daddy "?? Say it ....and I think that is what will happen... I don't believe they are even a top 70 team this year and will likely go to the NIT if that...

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                        Not me...I want them humiliated...crying....whimpering....wetting themselves.. I want them destroyed as a prelude to the game in Provo and a possible game in Vegas...I want them to know " Who's your daddy "?? Say it ....and I think that is what will happen... I don't believe they are even a top 70 team this year and will likely go to the NIT if that...
                        Bart is a bad-ass!

First out-loud laugh of the week for ZN!

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I'll be damn satisified to get just a good solid WIN. Teams that we can "beat down" won't do a thing but hurt our RPI.
                          [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                          ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• hooter73
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2008

I would have thought that we'd seen by now that we aren't a "blow them out" team. Choose your year and it applies.

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Well...I would consider the last time we played them....77-58 a blow out...

Comment

Working...
                              X