View Full Version : Ap Poll

Ekrub
01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Zags checking in at 10

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Edit: oops, didn't see power rankings thread. Mods please delete/merge

HenneZag
01-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I thought we would be @ 10 or 11...obviously a one point loss in a tough road enviornment helped us here.

Now lets go beat BYU and SF...it would be great to be able to stay in the top ten for the rest of the season. If we do that, we will grab a nice seed heading into March.

MDABE80
01-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Still top 10 after a bitter road loss is lucky. Good but fortunate. Now, let's go finish the league. I still think we can get a 2-3 seed. WCC is difficult this year.

This new ranking is a gift.

Ekrub
01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Poll thoughts from eammon Brennan:

Butler moved into the Top 10 after Saturday night's miracle win over Gonzaga at Hinkle Fieldhouse, and I really like what the voters did with both teams. Butler got the requisite move up (from No. 13) while the Zags moved just a couple of spots down (from No. 8 to No. 10). Any sort of loss at Butler probably wouldn't have made Gonzaga's stock fall in the poll, but *that* loss at Butler? That is hardly cause for a downgrade.

Reborn
01-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Still top 10 after a bitter road loss is lucky. Good but fortunate. Now, let's go finish the league. I still think we can get a 2-3 seed. WCC is difficult this year.

This new ranking is a gift.

Couldn't disagree more. "A gift?" After an historic battle with Butler? A hard fought game? Made Dick Vitale's top 5 games in his 34 year career? After a hard fought game at Portland Thursday night, and a struggle to get to Indiana due to plane problems? After having very little time to practice for the game and Butler had plenty? I would have liked the game to be cancelled to tell you the truth. But no, the Zags went in there and battled, and battled diligently. Sometimes some of our "esteemed" members of our Board really make me shake my head.

willandi
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Same for both teams on the Coaches Poll, 9 & 10

Hoopaholic
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
We control our destiny from this point forward....I too do not consider it a gift, I believe the voters watched the game and recognized it for what it was the best college game so far this season

sittingon50
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
the Cuse/Ville game a little earlier wasn't too shabby either.

caduceus
01-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Butler beat a then #1 Indiana in OT in Indianapolis. The Zags came closer to beating BU than Indiana did, and on their home court. Pretty fair poll, I say.