PDA

View Full Version : Loss was hard but.....

NYCZAG
01-20-2013, 07:39 AM
It's a lot better now then if it was in the tourney....Then it would of been an off season of what ifs. As of now it's just something to learn from....

HRZag
01-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Agree 100%.

FGZagDad
01-20-2013, 08:24 AM
agree. remember zags won close last minute games at WSU and at Ok State, hard to win them all. zags will be fine, back to league play with a focus on the title. next five games are big and I hope they take this loss and re-focus on finishing strong

gonwick
01-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Agreed. But have been wondering since the game what the teaching points are. They can work on last minute inbounding, although that's a very specific niche. I think the lesson Few needed to learn is that Stockton should not be on the floor at the end of a tight game. His passes earlier kept the game close, but in a one point game, you have to have free throw shooters on the court and DS can't shoot them, which only leaves inbounding for him and we saw how that worked out. He's too small to be inbounding. I wish few could develop a comfort level with any of the other options. Hopefully that's something that will come out of conference play.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi

Here is my game story. I was watching the game with a small group of friends at my place and after the travel call on Alex Barlow with 3.5 seconds to go I went for my remote to pump up the volume on the TV to max decibel level with the intent to literally have the floor shaking. Guess what happened next? I accidentally hit the change channel button David Stockton style on my remote to last channel bringing up the animal planet channel. So instead of hitting the "volume up" key I changed the channel in all my excitement.

Next I heard the inevitable screams VAL VAL VAL... WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VAL VAL VAL!!!!!!!!!!! Sure enough by the time I got the channel back to ESPN all I heard was Dick Vital saying "ITS UNBELIEVABLE ITS UNBELIEVABLE" and the Butler players piling on each other. My heart was crushed. I really care. So I couldn't help shedding a tear. It was like going from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in seconds.

ďI knew (Jones) was going to make it, no doubt. Itís happened to me all the time since Iíve been playing basketball. Every time thereís been an opportunity like that, itís gone in. I feel like itís been that way for my whole family actually.Ē -DS

vs.

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength." - Michael Jordan

Mental make up and confidence of players is really an intangible that separates many players regardless of what level of play. JMHO

Stockton was put in an unenviable position.

Val

We Still get to Atlanta... :)