PDA

View Full Version : Wish Clarke would've played

cggonzaga
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Him being out only gave a team with an underdog mentality even more ammo. They had guys step up that don't usually. Big credit to Stevens' and his staff. Those guys get the best out of their players.

TM27
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Him being out only gave a team with an underdog mentality even more ammo. They had guys step up that don't usually. Big credit to Stevens' and his staff. Those guys get the best out of their players.

Yikes I disagree. I think this game could have been a disaster if RC was playing. GU can play much better and I am not certain Butler minus RC is a top team. Credit to them....for winning but GU backcourt played a poor game for long stretches.

CDC84
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
With Gary going 0-1 tonight, Rotnei playing would've been a double digit win for Butler.

This team is not capable of beating top 15 teams with Gary going 0-1 and allowing the opposing team to take out Pangos. With no scoring at SF, it becomes a 2 on 5 offensive game. With a prolific scorer like Clarke, you need three point baskets of your own to keep pace.

cggonzaga
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Rotnei averages 16ppg. They get 12 from Barlow and Stigall who normally average 3pts a game between them. Dunham scores 4 more than normal and Jones scores 11 more. Clarke also takes some very questionable shots at times and shoots only 40% from the field. I still feel the game is a bit different if Clarke plays.