PDA

View Full Version : Shot shouldn't have counted: check out the photo

basketballzag
01-19-2013, 08:46 PM
The clock clearly expired before it came out of Butler's hands. I don't think the refs wanted to overturn it because the fans stormed the court.

https://twitter.com/chriswilt23/status/292849293331685376/photo/1

bostonzagfan
01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
thats a real tough call. refs favored butler all night, should never have let it come down to that.

ZagLawGrad
01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
The clock clearly expired before it came out of Butler's hands. I don't think the refs wanted to overturn it because the fans stormed the court.

https://twitter.com/chriswilt23/status/292849293331685376/photo/1

Irrelevant. The shot should have never happened. Zags had that game won, plain and simple. No reason to soft shoe it.

ZagsBaby
01-19-2013, 08:49 PM
TV replay looked like it was clearly good.

This could be doctored, IDK.

BJZags
01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Ball out of the hands before the red light on the back-board was lit. Shot good.

DixieZag
01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
That photo is at a bad angle, from the replay it sure looked to me like the ball was out of his hands. I think they made the right call.

Should have thrown the ball deeper and it would have run the clock out. Unreal.

rijman
01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Ball out of the hands before the red light on the back-board was lit. Shot good.
+1, no doubt.

ZagNut08
01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Did it look like the red lights came on before time fully expired?

cggonzaga
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
People mistake TV game clock for arena game clock. They are usually not the same. It's possible there was a slight difference in the arena.

zagmantis2001
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Lots of missed baskets from two feet, KD's three rims out, lots and lots of little things that add up to a tough loss.

Stocks is gonna get blamed, but if he doesn't hit that key three and had two great assists, wouldn't have ever been in the game in the first place.

I was absolutely stunned.

DixieZag
01-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Seeing that play on Sportscenter - - there was a big time push on Jones' part to get in a position to steal that ball.

Still gotta throw it deeper, though.

Checked out SMC site and even they agree we got screwed on calls all night. Tough to swallow.

DixieZag
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Also, looking at all our shots to even be in a position to win is amazing. David is NOT a good shooter and yet he nailed that one. Harris going high off the backboard. Kelly with "onions" to hit 2 FTs.

Amazing we were in it, really. And amazing we lost.

.1 seconds away from a win. .1 seconds.

Zagsker
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Nope....watched it several times and the ball is still in his hand when the red lights go off on the backboard..,, either way it was a great game, we move on, Butlers shining moment...we have more to come

LongIslandZagFan
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Front angle is obvious... It counted.

Ekrub
01-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Some on butler board even admitting some bias by refs. Even with that we were in a position to win. Oh well. Go zags. This team is built for a run in March and that's when I'll commit to being angry after a loss.

webspinnre
01-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Heartbreaking shot, but it was good. No arguments here. The problem is that it happened.

BSUBronco74
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Seeing that play on Sportscenter - - there was a big time push on Jones' part to get in a position to steal that ball.

Still gotta throw it deeper, though.

Checked out SMC site and even they agree we got screwed on calls all night. Tough to swallow.

Well if you saw it on the SMC site, it must be true :roll:

Clearly the shot was good. No profit in grasping at straws for this one. What could have happened did. There ain't no quit in Butler.

RenoZag
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Lots of missed baskets from two feet, KD's three rims out, lots and lots of little things that add up to a tough loss.

Stocks is gonna get blamed, but if he doesn't hit that key three and had two great assists, wouldn't have ever been in the game in the first place.

I was absolutely stunned.

Accurate summation and the stunned sensation was widely shared, Zagmantis

Zagger
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
There isn't an unbeaten team. Zags have lost two. What lost this game was that only 6 Zags scored and 3 of the six scored 9 points combined. The other three scored 54 points (KO, Dower and Harris). Pangos only scored 5 and Bell had zip. If Pangos and Bell are held to that low total it is a wonder the score was so close. How the Zags adjust to this loss will make a big difference in the rest of the season.

JPtheBeasta
01-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Some on butler board even admitting some bias by refs. Even with that we were in a position to win. Oh well. Go zags. This team is built for a run in March and that's when I'll commit to being angry after a loss.

Butler was in the bonus by the 13:00 mark of the second half. Butler was good at playing very physically on their defensive end but flopping on both ends. There were many calls off the ball that were the result of Butler players baiting the officials. They shot 8 more free throws even though they threw up more 3s and didn't have a post presence to speak of. It's hard to say if that was a foul at then end or if David simply zigged when Kelly zagged, but the damage was done well before that. Zags win by 10 if Elias and KO aren't on the bench for large chunks of the game.

Oregonzagnut
01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
It's hard to say if that was a foul at then end or if David simply zigged when Kelly zagged, but the damage was done well before that. Zags win by 10 if Elias and KO aren't on the bench for large chunks of the game.

Refs dictated the game and ruined more of our momentum than Butlers. When Vitale comments that calls were bad against us and none for Butler, then Vitale also says one of the refs is notorious for his whistle on national TV, you know it is biased officiating.

But in the end, and yes I agree, "David simply zigged when Kelly zagged"

TheGonzagaFactor
01-20-2013, 06:22 AM
I slowed it down from every angle, his middle and index fingers are still on the ball WHEN THE BACKBOARD IS RED.

We were screwed anyway. The refs weren't going to allow us to win. Even if Stockton gets the ball to Kelly, they would've called a travel/charge. Butler was going to win that game and the refs wouldn't have it any other way.

bostonzagfan
01-20-2013, 07:55 AM
I slowed it down from every angle, his middle and index fingers are still on the ball WHEN THE BACKBOARD IS RED.

We were screwed anyway. The refs weren't going to allow us to win. Even if Stockton gets the ball to Kelly, they would've called a travel/charge. Butler was going to win that game and the refs wouldn't have it any other way.

as much as the refs favored butler last night, we were inbounding the ball because they called that travel on butler.