• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

still love ya, David

we all make mistakes. the smartest player on the team made a big one. happens. keep your head up.
  • GU69
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    the smartest player on the team made a big one.
    Yup. It's hard to take right now, but David is still the best person to be throwing that inbounds pass.

Comment

• john montana
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

We certainly aren't up by on with the ball and 3.6 left without david Stockton.

Next game.
      john montana
      http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Radbooks
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

we all make mistakes. The smartest player on the team made a big one. Happens. Keep your head up.
        +1,000
        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• bballbeachbum
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2008

we all make mistakes. the smartest player on the team made a big one. happens. keep your head up.
          certainly my favorite post from you ever jazz

Comment

• jpn17
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Dec 2011

I agree, it happens. If you watched any of the games today you saw a lot of poor decisions made by players on some of the top teams in the country in the final seconds. Disappointing way to lose, but if Gonzaga can play toe to toe on the road with Butler (and I don't think it's a stretch to say they probably should have come away with the W) they can take out anyone in the country. I just hope they learn something from this so when this situation happens in the tournament they get the win.

Comment

• bostonzagfan
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GU69 View Post
              Yup. It's hard to take right now, but David is still the best person to be throwing that inbounds pass.
              uh, no. shortest player is not the best option.

Comment

• ZagsBaby
                Banned
                • Jan 2013

No timeouts, a little guy on your 7 footer... You can see why David threw the ball up there like that.

Yes, he should have gone to Elias but Kelly was clearly pushed and sh!t happens. Stockton came up big tonight when nobody else did. This loss aint on him. I'm sure Few and co. made sure he knew that, too.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                  certainly my favorite post from you ever jazz

just feel for the young man. played terrific. like it was said, he brought us back along w harris and ko. their pt guard made a major boo boo right before.

Comment

• VinnyZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Am I the only one who thinks it was Olynyk who erred?

How tall is Te guy guarding hm? 6-6? If Olynyk just stands there with his hands up, there's nothing Jones can do but foul. Instead Olynyk cut, at the same instant Stocks threw the ball.

Comment

• allnet59
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jazzdea xlmar;85789[LIST=1
                      [/LIST]3]we all make mistakes. the smartest player on the team made a big one. happens. keep your head up.
                      Agree with you Jazz. This wasn't lost on one play but fans will point to this. Our two starting guards scored five total points and one had zero points on one shot the whole game.David gave this team chance with some nice feeds and a big three pointer we are better then Butler we just didn't make it happen tonight

Comment

• thickman1
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post

How tall is Te guy guarding hm? 6-6? If Olynyk just stands there with his hands up, there's nothing Jones can do but foul. Instead Olynyk cut, at the same instant Stocks threw the ball.
                        He didn't really cut. He started to jump for he ball and was shoved by Jones.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post

just that split second to me, a little nudge on KO too, Zags have inbounded like this already this year. hurts. Stevens maybe prepped them on it, I don't know

Comment

• Zagnailler
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Mistakes happen, all the Zags have a chance to learn from this and apply it to get better.
                            Hurts like hell but the sun rises mańana, and we have more games to win.
                            "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Comment

• cggonzaga
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Agree completely. Kelly started moving when he just should've stayed put. I didn't see a push and if he was that's weak on Kelly's part.

Hated the play call but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X