PDA

View Full Version : Sillynois just lost to NW at home

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
If they keep losing, they'll wind up being a bad loss for us.

ZagaZags
01-17-2013, 08:49 PM

They might be our only loss before March.

CDC84
01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Two years in a row the Illini have started off with a brilliant record only to see their team go down the tank in Big 10 play. Losing to teams they shouldn't lose to, etc. I expect losses on the road to Wisconsin, but not double digit losses at home to Northwestern.

WallaWallaZag
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
same players, different coach...but starting to look like the same result. let's see if groce can re-group or if this team tunes him out as well.

rennis
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Live by the three, die by the three. Works great in a lot of situations, but tends to fail in the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SweetOnionZag
01-18-2013, 06:36 AM

If we keep winning, who cares, other than we'd be undefeated and all of the other highly ranked teams would have one loss and we'd probably be ranked #1 in the nation. If that tickles your toes fine, but I don't really think being ranked #1 is all that important in Jan (maybe not in any month)........the other side of the thought is.... if we would have beat them, it would NOT have been a very "good win" if they keep losing like they have been.............Two sides to the thought. I'm just saying, this is a "half full" side. For us, one loss or undefeated probably is the difference between a #1 seed or a #2 seed at tourney time, and I don't think either one of those seeds would put us at a disadvantage come March. At this point, we have about the same chance as everyone to be a #2 seed. I think good and bad losses are more important in the next 6 weeks than dwelling on a "career night" someone had several weeks ago. Just some thoughts from "the land of our enemy"......Zion

JPtheBeasta
01-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Very frustrating that we gave Paul so many easy looks and allowed him to beat us on our floor.

GoZags
01-18-2013, 06:53 AM

Illinois lost their 5th game last night, and their RPI dropped to #27.

As a "bad loss" signifies a loss to a team with an RPI of 100 (or worse), I think the Zags are safe -- unless you're saying that Illinois will lose out (or come close to losing out).

CDC84
01-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Also, if GU keeps winning games at the rate they are right now, the committee isn't going to care if Illinois turns into a bad loss.

SweetOnionZag
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Also, if GU keeps winning games at the rate they are right now, the committee isn't going to care if Illinois turns into a bad loss.

+1