• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZAGGED OUT
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2012

2014 Prospect: SG Grayson Allen (FL)

Zags have offered 2014 FL Guard Grayson Allen, 6'4 185 Shooting Guard. Has an impressive offer list so far. Will be interesting to see if there is any mutual interest here. Per Justin Byerly, we had an assistant coach down in Jacksonville checking him out.

Highlights of Recent game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsCBxUarIDQ (#1 in blue)
  • cjm720
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

None of the lists I saw show we have offered. Is there an article or do you have some inside info? Thx for posting.
    Go Zags!!!

Comment

• ZAGGED OUT
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Mar 2012

Slipper actually tweeted about this first, so props to them again. It sounds extremely recent. I'll try to find the tweet again from Byerly stating we were down there

Edit: http://247sports.com/Player/Grayson-Allen-22717/Tweets

Also says we're looking at a 2015 Center, Wyatt Walker

Comment

• cjm720
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Thx.

This doesn't bode well to land Bryan Alberts...my favorite guard recruit.
        Go Zags!!!

Comment

• hooter73
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2008

Bodes great depending on the light you put on it.

"We recruit high level players and want the best. Do you want to play with the best?"

reality though is that we have to go after more than one player at a time, statistically speaking. Not much out there on either of the names mentioned.

Comment

• bartruff1
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

No way...

Grayson will go to Dartmouth....got to happen...

Comment

• HenneZag
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

Alberts

I would really like to hear soon kinda where we stand with him. A great player, I was searching around the other night and saw that he exploded for 35 points, 24 in the 2nd half alone. His team defeated a respectable opponent. Anyways a guy I would like to see in a ZAG uniform.

Grayson looks like a nice player, athletic/aggressive and good length. We will see how this shakes out, who knows whats going on behind the scenes, I would love to be a fly on the wall while the coaching staff discusses the possible signees for the ZAGS in the near future.
              America's Team!

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

ooops

Looks like I was mixed up on the recruit, I was thinking of a JC transfer.

Allen does seem to fit the mold though of the prototypical guard for GU. Tall, can shoot and has great vision from what reports say. Alot of great programs after him.

May be tough to pull Allen to the Northwest, but it's definately worth the effort.
                America's Team!

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

"Hey Kid, wanna' see what snow really feels like?"
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagger
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

If I was a BB player who wanted to broaden my horizons - Spokane/Gonzaga is a good place to do it. Not sure how many other programs play as many different schools in different conferences. Gonzaga's a pretty good place to get an education too. Few sure doesn't look like he's leaving and he sure seems to improve each year himself. How KO's improved (thus far) is a pretty good testimony for the program in how it can help players improve. I'm not thinking very objectively though - I love 4 definite seasons and my wife, daughter and I are all GU grads. .... Back on topic .... I have no doubt that GU's program will continue to improve AND attract talented players with character. Recruiting should become easier. The team mentality that is present now helps all on the team.

Comment

Working...
                    X