PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who went to the game

SteeleMan
02-13-2007, 08:46 AM
ESPN2 cut away pretty quickly after the game. For those of you who stayed to the end, can you give me an idea of what the crowd reaction was like after the game ended?

I would like to think they gave the kids a standing ovation and acknowledged that, while a home winning streak had ended, they appreciated everything the program had brought them during that streak. And acknowledged the hard-fought comeback that fell short.

Also, did the KC hang around after the game to show their support?

Thanks.

Schmitty
02-13-2007, 09:14 AM
There was a nice ovation, which the team(s) both deserved.

bulldogshawn
02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Most of the KC was chanting "WE ARE, G-U" until the players were off the court. A really cool moment actually, I wasn't sure what the reaction would be...

wazZag
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
The KC was promptly (and properly) calling out fans that were exciting early and then went into We Are G-U with a huge ovation. The players were obviously less than pleased at the demise of their streak and quickly headed to the locker room but it was a classy, energetic atmosphere.

Frazzle
02-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I thought the atmosphere was great. The fans were really into the game, even when GU was way behind. It was a nice site. I was really proud of the fans.

GO ZAGS!

gu03alum
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
There were a few SC fans behind me being very obnoxious, but I don't blame them. Our fans were really classy at the end.

Vanzagger
02-14-2007, 10:01 PM
You all have so much equity in the big 50. Chanting we are GU, very cool!

Bocco
02-15-2007, 06:50 AM
I stayed until the end, though if the the truth be told I felt like leaving at hafl time....these 9PM games are killers when you got to get up at 5AM the nest morning. When the game ended the players were given a standing ovation to the team in recognition of the 50 game streak and for their valiant effort in keeping the streak alive in trying circumstances.