PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Craft ?

HillBillyZag
01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
While there is no doubt Aaron is a fine player, after watching him several times this season including today's Buckeye home victory over Michigan, I would opine that KP and GB3 are much sounder overall players. What do you think?

jazzdelmar
01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Last year it wasn't close. As we saw first hand. I would say he and Pangos are neck and neck this year. Seems like Aaron misses Sullinger a lot. Bell is a different sort of player and not in KP or AC's class this year, at least not yet.

bartruff1
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
So far...Kevin is having a better season...

JPtheBeasta
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
I thought Craft's oeuvre is more defensive? I have a hard time comparing him to Pangos and GBJ.

ZagsBaby
01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
I thought Craft's oeuvre is more defensive? I have a hard time comparing him to Pangos and GBJ.

Exactly.

Baldwinzag
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Aaron Craft is one of the best defensive PG's I've ever seen at any level. His ability to ride the fence b/w hand-check fouls and not, is uncanny and something I've never seen before -- no player really compares to him at the point of attack from a defensive standpoint.

He doesn't hold a candle to Pangos as a shooter and even scorer to some extent, but the kid is the embodiment of toughness, hard-nosed, physical play for a PG.

I like his game, and seems to play his best vs the best. He's not a "League" type of guard, but a terrific college PG who can manage a game from one side of the court.

Pangos and him are completely different type of players, really impossible to compare him to either GBJ or Kev.

bartruff1
01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
They are both point guards...they play on both ends of the court...(this isn't 50's girls basketball) they both play offense and defense like every other point guard or for that matter every player....

They are both on the 20 man cut for the Cousy Award so, at least, those making the award are comparing them..

As I recall, people compared Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlin....

Baldwinzag
01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
They are both point guards...they play on both ends of the court...(this isn't 50's girls basketball) they both play offense and defense like every other point guard or for that matter every player....as I recall, people compared Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlin....

I see you.

I kinda compared them at the beginning of my post anyway...

Aaron Craft on another planet defensively.

Pangos on another planet shooting wise.

Craft is scrappier, Pangos is niftier, both manage a solid game and play to their strengths. I'd take Craft in a street fight, yet Pangos in a street pick-up game.

Craft was considered an elite prospect (strong safety) in Football, yet chose to pursue basketball. Was offered by Ohio St to choose either sport. To this day, the kid screams Football to me, but has found his niche in basketball.

I think their ceiling is pretty maxed out from an ability standpoint, but both could improve their overall quickness.

I like both.

However, Pangos is my PG and I'm grateful for him.

Oregonzagnut
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
They are pretty even statwise. But our SOS is 7, theirs is 83.

Pangos: Pts 12.4, FT% 78, 3pt% 42, reb 2.2, stls 1.5, Ast/TO 3.6/1.4
Craft: Pts 8.9, FT% 82, 3pt 34%, reb 3.3, stls 1.8, Ast/TO 4.7/1.4

MDABE80
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM
As it sits right now, ask who YOU would pick as your point guard.. there's your answer fully knowing that Aaron has 2 years of more exxperience and Kevin as a 2nd year player continues to improve both of defense and offensively.

CanadianZagFan
01-14-2013, 03:58 AM
As it sits right now, ask who YOU would pick as your point guard.. there's your answer fully knowing that Aaron has 2 years of more exxperience and Kevin as a 2nd year player continues to improve both of defense and offensively.

Craft is only a Junior, so just 1 more year in college than Kevin. Craft's defense is just light years ahead of Kevin's, and that can be very key to team sucess, but Kevin does have that ability to come up BIG....very tough call for me to pick one.

ZagsObserver
01-14-2013, 06:44 AM
Not even close. Craft plays crazy good defense.

23zagmd
01-14-2013, 07:07 AM
but I will take Trey Burke, hand him the Cousy Award right now and watch him step into the NBA Draft Lottery.

He's the best PG in the country from what I've seen and it is NOT even close.

MDABE80
01-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Craft is only a Junior, so just 1 more year in college than Kevin. Craft's defense is just light years ahead of Kevin's, and that can be very key to team sucess, but Kevin does have that ability to come up BIG....very tough call for me to pick one.

Sorry but that was a big blunder. I thought he was a Senior.

mobetta
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Craft is a significantly better defender, but Pangos is improving and the gap has narrowed a bit. Pangos is a significantly better shooter, and Craft will probably not ever match him. The rest of their games are comparable. Both are extremely focused, intense and deliberate, with excellent fundamentals. Who you choose depends upon what you want and what you value. If you have additional passers, scorers and team leaders, you might need Craft for his defense. If you have a top notch defender in your two guard, like Bell Jr., then you might prefer Pangos.