PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Sounders & Timbers thread

asoc
01-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Not as active as I have been previously.
----
As noted in the other thread.

MLS filed for trademarks of various rivalry cups in the league in the US and in Canada where appropriate.

They ONLY filed for the Cascadia Cup in Canada and not the US. I believe this was done in order to hopefully prevent the TA and ECS from learning about it.

The Cascadia Cup was a creation of the Emerald City Supporters, Timbers Army and Vancouver Southsiders. It was a way to celebrate our rivalry as fans and predates MLS. The trophy itself is handed off amongst the fan groups and resides with the fans rather than with the team itself.
----

Sounders signed their first Home Grown Player, DeAndre Yedlin. He played for two years at Akron under Caleb Porter who is now the Portland Timbers head coach. I figure this had a little to deal with him leaving college. The Sounders also feel he is ready to compete at this level. He still has a lot to learn but he was/is one of the top prospects at RB among the youth ranks in the US.
----

Montero's loan to Millonarios in Colombia should be finalized soon. It is understood to be a one year loan in which the Sounders will have freed up his DP spot for the year. This also provides Fredy the opportunity to play in Copa Libertadores where he will hopefully show well and draw some interest.

This will allow the Sounders to look for another DP.

The Current Rumor is that the Sounders have targeted a young Argentine for a potential youth DP spot(Youth DPs count half as much against the cap as a full DP spot). Luciano Vietto plays for Racing Club in Buenos Aries and for the Argentine U-20 team.

Can read more about the potential signing here http://www.sounderatheart.com/2013/1/11/3867706/rumor-luciano-vietto-seattle-sounders
Make sure to read the comments section as it clears up the translation issues.

Others can give updates on the Timbers:-)

asoc
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Sounders advance to the CONCACAF Champions League Semi Finals with a 3-1 win tonight over UNAL Tigres from Mexico.

First time an MLS team has knocked out a Mexican team in this current format of the tournament.

DeAndre Yedlin the 19 year old Home Grown signing from Federal Way scored an amazing goal to start things off for the Sounders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZQXon2LoM

Then another defender new to the Sounders scored an even better looking goal...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ObZVcMYxWXQ

Then Zakuani fed Eddie Johnson down the left side who finished it off by beating the keeper near post from a very tight angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vfXyliVfbIM

asoc
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
OH, and its expected that we will officially have signed Obafemi Martins any day now...

Portland plays at Seattle on Saturday at 5 pm... SO EXCITED!!!

caduceus
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Hahah...check your first link. :D

Went to the ̶T̶o̶r̶o̶n̶t̶o̶ Montreal game with daughter and stood in the rain. They had lots of fire (but no result) in the first half. Looked dead in the 2nd half. It was a shame to lose the opener as the crowd was really good.

Amazing that the Sounders beat Tigres. Their team salary is 10x that of the Sounders.

My daughter has decided she wants to play for the Seattle Reign after she scored 30 goals in 8 games in her league last summer (no joke). I told her she has to finish kindergarten first, then we'll talk.

Cheers.

asoc
03-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Buhhhh...
Well, umm, you meant the game against Montreal:-p So we are even... or something

highlight fixed, ty, lol.

BobZag
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Honestly didn't expect Seattle to do what they did to Tigres, especially by the players who scored, except for Johnson. But hey, I'm not complaining. Gotta beat either Houston or Santos Laguna next in CCL.

caduceus
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Buhhhh...
Well, umm, you meant the game against Montreal:-p So we are even... or something

highlight fixed, ty, lol.

Heh, touché. I had it correct originally and then for some reason I changed it. Brainfart. Oh Canada! ♫ ♩ ♬

xjzico
03-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks Asoc,for starting up the thread!

In the words of Sigi, "Djimi, where did that come from?"

TheBeast
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Seattle is not a nice city and your club is not a good club.

And so it begins.

xjzico
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
You do not frighten us, you Portland scum dogs. Go boil your bottoms you sons of a silly person.

BobZag
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Can Team USA win again in Mexico City? Tune into ESPN tonight at 7. Mexico is pulling out the big dogs, including Chicharito. This will be a toughie.

TheBeast
03-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Is this a good place to discuss last Friday's usmnt match in the snow? Seemed to me the players wanted to play si I don't think CR shohld have protested after the fact.

ETA - it was great fun to watch and I am really thankful no one was injured

asoc
03-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Is this a good place to discuss last Friday's usmnt match in the snow? Seemed to me the players wanted to play si I don't think CR shohld have protested after the fact.

ETA - it was great fun to watch and I am really thankful no one was injured

Jermaine Jones was injured. Although he played through it. Wasn't till after the game that he saw the puncture wound on the top of his foot/ankle. He tweeted a picture of it.

USA vs Panama in June for a WCQ in Seattle. Get your tickets now.