PDA

View Full Version : What were the coaches thinking????

vandalzag
01-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Why did Few tell them not to rebound the ball?
Why did Few tell them to miss layups? For that matter what kind of coach allows his players to miss any shots?
Why did Few tell them to allow the SMC to score more points in the 2nd half?
Why did Few allow the refs to make bad calls on both teams last night?
Why did Few not stop Bind Laden during the battle of Tora Bora?
Why is David Stockton allowed so much influence over US trade relations with China? He clearly is not big enough to defend our nations interests.

16-1 nobody got hurt, no pending criminal charges or NCAA investigation looming. The staff and the boys get a week to rest, reflect, and make adjustments and then try them out on the C-squad from Portland.

Lets not be pissed that the boys did not play their best game on the 10th of January. I would prefer that to occur in March.

HenneZag
01-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Coaches could have made some adjustments, but im not blaming the bad 2nd half on the coaches.

The things that the players control, such as Hustle/Rebounding/Missing Bunnies has nothing to do with the coaches

Yes we won the game, we are 16-1 and have a week of rest. If we pull out a win vs. Butler in a tough tough enviornment against a top 15 team, I will be ecstatic! Our boys will be up for the task and revamped.

77Zag
01-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Vandal -- for that matter, why is Few still our coach?

;)

Go Zags...Beat Portland!

IrishZagFan
01-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Zags win, Zags Win, ZAGS WIN!!!!!!!

And you can take that to the bank!

dnj116
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Why did Few tell them not to rebound the ball?
Why did Few tell them to miss layups? For that matter what kind of coach allows his players to miss any shots?
Why did Few tell them to allow the SMC to score more points in the 2nd half?
Why did Few allow the refs to make bad calls on both teams last night?
Why did Few not stop Bind Laden during the battle of Tora Bora?
Why is David Stockton allowed so much influence over US trade relations with China? He clearly is not big enough to defend our nations interests.

16-1 nobody got hurt, no pending criminal charges or NCAA investigation looming. The staff and the boys get a week to rest, reflect, and make adjustments and then try them out on the C-squad from Portland.

Lets not be pissed that the boys did not play their best game on the 10th of January. I would prefer that to occur in March.

Ohhhhhh, I get it. That was sarcasm.

Despite the win, there is obviously room for improvement and this should be used as a learning tool -- for both players AND coaches. I'm not amongst those that claim Few is a terrible in-game coach (I think his winning percentage speaks for itself), HOWEVER, he does do things at times that fans are right to question. (and isn't a basketball-related message board the precise forum to express these thoughts and opinions??)

My main gripe with the coaching decisions as of late is the questionable shortening of the bench. This is supposedly one of our greatest strengths, and providing such limited minutes (or none) to a lot of the players has left me scratching my head.

If you're okay with unequivocally following and supporting every decision by coach Few, then that's your opinion and prerogative -- which is fine. However, I am of the opinion that Few should learn from his mistakes in this game, just as the players should.

I won't necessarily share the opinion of other posters who criticize Few's coaching more harshly, but I like to read their opinions because sometimes there is merit to it -- other times not. However, making a thread -- sarcastic as it is -- that supposes we all blindly accept every decision made by the coaches and that ridicules those who don't necessarily fall in line with your views only serves to detract from your apparent opinion and invites criticism.

While I respect your opinion to emphatically support every decision made by the coaches, I also respect those that are willing to voice their criticisms when they see it. If you don't like opposing views, whether warranted or not, then you probably shouldn't be reading and partaking in a message board discussing college basketball.

sittingon50
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
I wonder how Ashton Eaton would do in a marathon?

ZagLawGrad
01-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Some wanting the perfect beast that doesn't exist.

This team is pretty damn good, so let's enjoy the ride!