PDA

View Full Version : prediction

allnet59
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Kelly will score over 40 in a game this season. Should have had 45 if some of those bunnies drop. Becoming one of the best big men in college b.b.

Birddog
01-11-2013, 06:00 AM
You might be right but those bunnies didn't drop for a reason. All night the Zags were guilty of weak finishes near the iron. Harris missed several too. Kelly has to do what Bardo said and not rely on the layup when he could dunk instead. I'ts the weakest part of his game IMO.

zag67
01-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Yes,but there was a lot of pushing that was not called when they went up it was hard to finish, but I agree they should have finished many of tthem

EagleFuzz
01-11-2013, 06:24 AM
The boys looked tired the second half. Few said himself they just came off the toughest roadtrip he has ever been a part of. 4-0 having played two of the top in league. :adored: I will take it. 16-1

speed21
01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
In the second half, KO was more worried about hearing a whistle then making the shot. Every time he missed a bunny he immediately turned and stared at the refs. I understand his frustration, but the players just need to focus and making the shots and let the coaches do the yelling at the refs! I'm not taking anything away from him, I just noticed this for the first time this year and was surprised by it.

allnet59
01-11-2013, 06:32 AM
In the second half, KO was more worried about hearing a whistle then making the shot. Every time he missed a bunny he immediately turned and stared at the refs. I understand his frustration, but the players just need to focus and making the shots and let the coaches do the yelling at the refs! I'm not taking anything away from him, I just noticed this for the first time this year and was surprised by it.

Saw this as well

rijman
01-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Looking back at the game it seemed as though Kelly had an off night offensively with the number of missed shots inside yet he still put up 31, which is incredible. He was 11-19 from the floor, 9-12 FT's. Kelly has become so dominant he can break 30 on an off night? Maybe he'll put up 40+ in a game this season when he puts it all together.

bartruff1
01-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't know....but I doubt Few is interested in having a player score 40 points...

Birddog
01-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't know....but I doubt Few is interested in having a player score 40 points.
I don't think it's his focus but I don't think he'll take steps to avoid it either. If five of KO's layups fall he has his 40.

bartruff1
01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't think it's his focus but I don't think he'll take steps to avoid it either. If five of KO's layups fall he has his 40. Good point....right now (I am no expert) it looks like Few is running the offense thru Kelly...so...if he does...he does...but in context of the offense.

007Zag
01-11-2013, 08:52 AM
The thing about Kelly is that he shoots such a high percentage that he could break 40 without taking an absurd proportion of our possessions.

I took a look at some numbers on ESPN, and through 14 games (after missing the first three), Kelly is averaging 18.1 point per game. In those 14 games he has taken 145 shots, which means he is averaging 10.4 shots per game, which equals to 1.74 points per shot :eek: Can we just say how ridiculous that is?

In order for him to get 40 points then, Kelly would need to take 23 shots on an average shooting night for him. Our team averages 56 shots per game, so this would equate to taking about 41.4% of our shots.

Now that's a pretty high percentage, but we shouldn't expect him to get 40 on an average shooting night. If he's going to do it, it'll probably be on a 2+ points/shot performance like he had against Davidson (2 pps), Pepp (2 pps), or SCU (2.2 pps). He had one 4 point per shot performance, but that was against Campbell and he only took 3 shots, so let's throw that out.

Let's say he has a performance like against SCU; he would only need to take 18 shots to get to 40 points. On an average night 18 shots is only 32% of our possessions (oh, and he took 19 shots last night).

I think Few would be plenty happy with a guy taking 18 shots and getting 40 points. Just so long as he doesn't start forcing it, a la Foster, I think he'd be plenty happy.