PDA

View Full Version : keep the pedal to the medal

allnet59
01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Great first half of basketball. Now bury the gaels in the second half. This could be a thiety point first half lead if a few of those lay ups had gone in.... Wow

ZagMan in Philly
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
crush the gaels, and the vegas line, Go Zags!

rennis
01-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Double em up for all I care. Wake up call time Bennett.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goshzagit
01-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Double em up for all I care. Wake up call time Bennett.

+1

Big fan of Randy as a Coach & Person, yet this entire off-season and season, he's suddenly become very dismissive of the Zags, their past accomplishments, and impact on the WCC as a whole. not more humility or recognition from him.

during interviews, all the way up to this very game, he consistently went out of his way to talk about how they "tied" as Champions just a year before and should have won the year before, yet injuries derailed their course...yadda yadda yadda. Talking about 'being on top the past 3 or 4 years, alongside us'.

I get it.

Also, seemed overly dismissive about this year's team, current ranking, and schedule. "nothing we haven't seen before" we his exact words. we are the 'same players' and essentially stating its the same 'ol story with the Zags -- media darlings who are overhyped. Not his exact words, of course, but his sentiment...

I'd love if we could give that knock-out punch for once. Coach Few to show some killer instinct and give them a wake-up call for free.

allnet59
01-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Once again we play soft and start letting them back into the game. Come on Zags let's get it going

zag944
01-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Stockton did what he does well, but I cant fathom why we leave him on the floor almost the whole 2nd half when Pangos is out there too.

Bell doing wonderful on Delly and Holt just runs wild because we are playing two point guards instead of one of our small forwards.

TacomaZAG
01-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Sheesh.......Who was that team afraid of burying someone in the second half??? How can we give up a 21 point lead to that team??? Once again, after a GREAT first half, we come out strong in the first 5 or 6 minutes of the second half, and then just throw up on ourselves. Tentative, playing not to lose, and we almost snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pangos put this team on his back in the last 5 minutes and refused to let this team lose. He is the undisputed leader of this team, without him we give this thing away tonight.

SMC is not very good, but we sure made them into world beaters the last 14 minutes of the game. Way to play right into their hands by falling in love with the Munchkin Lineup. How about making a team match up with us once in a while??? What's wrong with 3 bigs and 2 guards once in a while instead of always 3 small guards and 2 bigs, especially when SMC has no bigs who can stop anyone and relies on their guards???

We missed a HUGE chance to send a definite message to mouthpiece and company. A win is a win but we missed a HUGE chance to stamp a GU insignia on Delly's face.

Go ZAGS