• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knotsolucky
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2008

Student Section

We've gotta be proud of our students. Their section is full and they're really pretty rowdy as well. PLUS there's no band tonight so there's more room for students... It's gonna get crazy in here...
    Last edited by Knotsolucky; 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM. Reason: Spell check
  • Hoopaholic
    • Mar 2008

Sweet
    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• zag944
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Intimidating student section turned more than a few calls our way. We dont win that game if we dont get such a great showing for a Christmas Break game.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Mar 2008

From my perspective (on my couch) I thought the crowd was pretty poor tonight. You could hear a pin drop in there through much of the second half. The crowd was sleepwalking through the final 20 minutes, just like our players were.

Comment

• Zag@LMU
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
          From my perspective (on my couch) I thought the crowd was pretty poor tonight. You could hear a pin drop in there through much of the second half. The crowd was sleepwalking through the final 20 minutes, just like our players were.
          That's because it was. The student section was terrible. I'm really disappointed in my fellow students, that's what happens when average student fans don't have to work for their tickets or seat.
          "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Let's pass legislation banning average student fans from going to games. . .that'll show 'em. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• JeffyJeff
              Bulldog Fan
              • Jan 2009

The student section was TERRIBLE tonight. Shocking and amazing.

Comment

• Beer_Engineer
                Kennel Club Material
                • Oct 2009

Ugh, just utterly horrible after the first 10 minutes...

Comment

• zagzilla
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Jeez people. We're you there? I was and they were on it the whole game. Got after the refs in the second half. Ragged every air ball. Jumped around to Zombie Nation. Good work kids.

Bad call by the couch potatoes.

ZZ

Comment

• gamagin
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by Knotsolucky View Post
                    We've gotta be proud of our students. Their section is full and they're really pretty rowdy as well. PLUS there's no band tonight so there's more room for students... It's gonna get crazy in here...
                    the kennel club represented, imo. wonderful to see and hear them back.
                    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                      Jeez people. We're you there? I was and they were on it the whole game. Got after the refs in the second half. Ragged every air ball. Jumped around to Zombie Nation. Good work kids.

Bad call by the couch potatoes.

ZZ
                      Was there too. Right above the zag bench. Credit the Gaels. Everytime the crowd got loud they shut us up. Great atmosphere though. Note to Santa Clara..... THAT is how you show up to a Christmas break game, minus your ball coach fronting your room. Sad sad sad.

Comment

• HenneZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2012

Just my 2 cents

Sometimes hard to tell from the TV...but it seemed awful quiet, could barely hear the chants, and seemed that the first couple rows were clapping or getting into the game, but again, I was watching from the couch.
                        America's Team!

Comment

• BTB
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Nov 2012

I was in the student section and idk what some of you were talking about, everyone around me was pretty dang rowdy, I'm definitely gonna be hoarse tomorrow

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                            • Feb 2007

My seats are very close to the student section. They were plenty noisy. B+ effort.
                            You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Mar 2008

Hmm... perhaps it was just the flow of the game and the way the Gaels wrested momentum in the second half that made it seem like the KC was lethargic tonight. Perhaps the crowd is getting unfairly lumped in with team's pedestrian second half performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X